Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » The WORST Legionnaires EVER! (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: The WORST Legionnaires EVER!
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
I hated Catspaw.
Dream Boy had the worst hair.
I loved Gear though 'cause he reminded me of that cool Bjork video.

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Command Kid. Not only was he a dick, he had a stupid costume!

Dyrk Magz. Nobody replaces Cosmic Boy. His kid brother got killed trying to replace him!

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
If that story were written today, they would have Lobo bursting in and saving the day. He would certainly qualify as one of the worst ever.

Can I just pick Lobo as Worst Everything EVER?!

I mean, I sympathize with everyone who thinks certain characters were handled badly or were just plain superfluous, but-- but-- Lobo. Ewwww...

[No]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
IMO, Dream Boy was worse than Lobo, Bloodclaw and Lex & Mxy's descendants combined. He was the very worst Legionnaire in the history of the franchise.

Anti-Lad's saving grace was his oddly shaped "head". [Big Grin]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I thought Thunder was pointless and just a second rate Andromeda who was a Supergirl replacement.

I never got into Gear.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ram Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ram Boy   Email Ram Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
The snake that replaced Princess Projectra. You can almost hear the thought process that went into its creation.

"Time to revamp Princess Projectra! Hmmm, let's see, she's a princess and became Sensor Girl...a princcccessssss...ssssssenssssor girl...Eureka! Let's make her a SNAKE!"

Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
no one has said Kid Psycho? lol
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Disaster Boy:
no one has said Kid Psycho? lol

I kinda liked the turban!

"Every time I use my power, I die a little bit inside."

"I feel the same way everytime I see your oversized noggin. Put a cloth over it or something!"

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Set:
Command Kid. Not only was he a dick, he had a stupid costume!

Dyrk Magz. Nobody replaces Cosmic Boy. His kid brother got killed trying to replace him!

I liked Command Kid because he was featured in the first Legion story I ever read. His costume was no worse than any other Silver Age Legion outfit. And, yes, he was a dick . . . but that was the point.

As for Dyrk, I think the attitude that "nobody replaces Cosmic Boy" mirrors what Garth was thinking. As a result, Dyrk was prejudged before he really had a chance. In spite of that, he managed to show what being a hero was all about. In losing his powers, he sacrificed more than most Legionnaires ever do.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by cleome:
quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
If that story were written today, they would have Lobo bursting in and saving the day. He would certainly qualify as one of the worst ever.

Can I just pick Lobo as Worst Everything EVER?!

I mean, I sympathize with everyone who thinks certain characters were handled badly or were just plain superfluous, but-- but-- Lobo. Ewwww...

[No]

I'll second that. I've never understood the appeal of Lobo. A badass space biker dude?!? Can you say, "pandering"?

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
I LOVE Magno!!! He had a great "journey" (to borrow a phrase from every competitive reality show ever) - wimpy Legionnaire to powerless depressive to tough Sci-Cop. He's a bright spot in an otherwise dull period of the reboot IMO.

Dream Boy - I am fascinated by this character. Having dropped the threeboot long before he came on board I've never read a story about him but I'm tempted to dip back into that ocean of suckitude just to see if he's as bad as everyone says. I almost want to like him just so that someone does. We can all agree he's cute though right? He kinda reminds me of Adventure-era Jan Arrah - surely the cutest male Legionnaire ever.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I assume everyone knows this, but Lobo was created by Keith Giffen as a parody of all the "macho" heroes of the 80's. Particuarly, Rambo (thus why the name is so similar). Giffen always intended it as a farce.

The irony is that Lobo became incredibly popular. His one-shots and miniseries were selling really well and whenever he appeared anywhere, like in the JLA and Omega Men, sales would go up--including the Legion. Eventually Giffen got tired of the character but DC didn't stop--the whole "Guy Gardner Reborn" miniseries in which Guy Garnder got a yellow power ring was basically a Guy/Lobo team-up (giving Guy a fake sense of popularity...he was never really popular at all, it was just the Lobo appearances that made the sales staff at DC seem to think so).

So Giffen created a monster that started out as a joke. He certainly doesn't hate his own creation but he admits to scratching his head to this day wondering how Lobo became so popular for a time.

But remember, this was the late 80's/early 90's. "Fanboys" ruled the day. Lobo was DC's answer to Wolverine, Ghost Rider, the Punisher, Youngblood, Cyberforce and all the rest. And like all the rest of them, his popularity died in the mid-90's when all those "fanboys" moved on.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
such a bad time in comics, not to mention the strange sketchy disproportionate body parts art.

dream boy waas cute. but in a please dont replace my dream girl type of way.

set - i think we know what you want for xmas. a big green turban!!

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
quote:
Originally posted by Super Lad Kid:
My vote goes to Bloodclaw who was in the Legion for about ten minutes before he was killed by Pol Krinn's dead corpse. That's pretty pathetic.

That *is* pathetic!
Super Lad Kid is still correct!

Seriously, it boggles my mind that the Legion actually went through a phase where it had members named "Bloodclaw" and "Firefist"!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Dream Boy, I didn't mind. Not his fault he got picked to "replace" Dream Girl. And he was more likable than certain 3boot Legionnaires (ehem Ultra Boy).

Magno, I liked. His "journey", as Blacula said, was realistic and he was very sympathetic.

Threeboot Ultra Boy gets my vote. Here we have a jerkass character with an overinflated ego who had little/no character growth whatsoever. I deal with enough nassheads like that in real life, thank you very much!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.