Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » The WORST Legionnaires EVER! (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: The WORST Legionnaires EVER!
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Set:
With a team of characters the size of the Legion, each of whom is *somebody's* favorite, each new character added has an increasingly uphill struggle, as they are both competing with twenty-some other main characters (and dozens of compelling secondary characters, like R.J. Brande or Rond Vidar or Gigi Cusimano or whomever) for attention, but also could be seen as 'stealing' page-space away from characters that the pre-existing fans bought the book to read about in the first place.

Very true. When Wildfire joined, a very big deal was made about him -- he was the main character in the story of his return from apparent death (SUPERBOY # 201), and the issue before featured a subplot foreshadowing his return. Even the issue after his return made a big to-do of changing his name, even though he had nothing to do with the rest of the story ("Wrath of the Devil-Fish")

And, then . . . he disappeared. Except for a minor role in SUP # 205, I can't recall a single appearance by him until # 215 or so (the McCauley brat story) -- at which point he was treated as just another cocky hothead. The rich personality of a determined go-getter that had been developed for him earlier was lost.

Sadly, that's true with a lot of Legionnaires. Rich personalities and character growth can be make them irresistable if they "star" in a particular story, but that momentum becomes lost when the focus shifts to other characters or plot threads.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korbal
The Lightning World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korbal   Email Korbal         Edit/Delete Post     
And on the opposite side of the spectrum... (courtesy of Comics Bulletin) http://www.comicsbulletin.com/main/columns/top-10-members-legion-super-heroes

--------------------
"I am the LEGION--you colossal Jerk!"--Garth Ranzz LEGION #63

Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Korbal:
And on the opposite side of the spectrum... (courtesy of Comics Bulletin) http://www.comicsbulletin.com/main/columns/top-10-members-legion-super-heroes

Everytime I try to think of my favorite Legionnaire, I end up with three, then five, then ten, then about two dozen of them...

It's like trying to pick a favorite kind of pie. Is it Pumpkin? Mincemeat? Apple? Cherry? Blueberry? Custard? Shepard's? Bacon and Egg? Chicken and Mushroom? They're all good!

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by lowercase mllash:
Come on, now... how many of you will disagree that it's GOT to be Lex Luthor and Mr. Mxyzptlk?

"If I know my buddies, they've already accepted you in our ADULT LEGION unanimously!" guffaws a haggard-looking Lightning Man, as a balding Cosmic Man and goofy Element Man chuckle mightily.

I loved the ADULT LEGION tale, but that ending sucked big fat parakat eggs!

NOW ON VIDEO!

-

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by armsfalloffboy:
I still think Tyroc was a bad joke, Peter Pan boots or not.

Hmm... I wonder if armsfalloffboy still thinks this after recent stories?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

quote:
Originally posted by Power Boy:

catspaw is number 2.

What a terrible thing to say. This thread is no place for toilet humor.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

^Still upset about Peebz calling April $#!+

--------------------

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
She is crazy sauce! and that weird boyfriend of hers?!?!
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
quote:
Originally posted by Power Boy:

catspaw is number 2.

What a terrible thing to say. This thread is no place for toilet humor.
Should possibly be moved to the poop thread.
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

flushed even.

[Devil]

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I was waiting for you to notice my delightfully charming "take your quote out of context" post [Smile]

--------------------

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.