Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » The WORST Legionnaires EVER! (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: The WORST Legionnaires EVER!
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
[Lester Spiffany]

He's so cute!

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
Let the tally show another vote "for" Celeste Rockfish.

--------------------
"Gee, Brainy, what do you want to do tonight?"
"The same thing we do every night, Bouncing Boy: try to take over the United Planets!!"
They're B.B. and The Brain ...

From: Monty Python's Flying Circus | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
But I still say worst of all time are those gay old bears Luthor and Mr. Mxyzptlk!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Tim Drake
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sir Tim Drake   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Tim Drake         Edit/Delete Post     
How about Thunder? Did she ever have any personality at all, or do anything worthy of mention?

--------------------
Aaron Kashtan/Sir Tim Drake

From: Providence, RI | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
Superboy gets my vote - he's so good natured I'd have to kill him [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Harbinger:
Superboy gets my vote - he's so good natured I'd have to kill him [Big Grin]

Seconded!
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
armsfalloffboy
huh?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for armsfalloffboy   Email armsfalloffboy         Edit/Delete Post     
Absolutely, without question, Thunder.

Runners up: Dragonmage (crappy diversity is still crappy), Catspaw.

--------------------
The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you.

Don't judge me!

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LegionFan223
Wearer of the Crown

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LegionFan223   Email LegionFan223         Edit/Delete Post     
My personal favorite crappy Legionnaire is Phantom Girl. She was one of my favorites during the Adventure Era but that changed during the Levitz Era. Tinya became very snooty and acted like she was better than everyone else. She was constantly critizing Timber Wolf and Blok, was whiny when Jo wasn't around. During the re-boot I found her to be even more appalling. Bossy, clingy, holyier-thatn-thou attitude. The new version I'm holding off judgement until we see more of her character. I hate her new origin and didn't like the way she treated Karate Kid in her origin story. I liked her best in the 5YL arc mostly because she was dead.

Thunder gets my 2nd place vote. Non-original and no personality to speak of. Plus, she deserted the Legion when they needed her most.

Not a big fan of Quislet either.

--------------------
I am smelling like a rose that somebody gave me on my birthday deathbed.

From: Orando | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmeraldEmpress
Beautiful & Merciless

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EmeraldEmpress   Email EmeraldEmpress         Edit/Delete Post     
1 - Sensor The snake (The first for taken Projectra's place)

2 - Monstress

3 - Thunder

4 - The current Star Boy

5 - Kid Quamtun II

--------------------
From Spain with glamour.

From: Valencia- Spain | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evolution Has Failed
Two more armpits than Atmos!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Evolution Has Failed   Email Evolution Has Failed         Edit/Delete Post     
Was Atmos ever a member? I really couldn't
stand that armpit-less freak...

(From the same era..thank god Comet Queen
never joined...)

But of people I'm SURE were members, my vote goes
to MAGNO...what the ^@$^%$# was the point?

--------------------
"I like stuff that doesn't exist."

From: Old Lyme, CT | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Atmos was supposed to have been a member during the 5 year gap, so his membership was undepicted.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Kid Q II and XS. Hated them, never want to see them again.

I lobbied endlessly for XS to take on the Flash mantle and add another "legacy" character to the Legion's ranks. Especially after meeting up with Jay, Wally, Bart and even Barry. It seemed like the perfect opportunity to take the character into the "big leagues".
I swear, so many Legion writers have missed major opportunities to really make the book shine.

However, in keeping with the subject and just to toss out another name for consideration...
Brainiac 5 may be the worst Legionnaire ever. How many times did he create something that almost destroyed the Legion? The Universe? Other Legionnaires?

He's always been an interesting character but (dang!) that boy's a menace to society!

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I want to stand up for Celeste Rockfish - she was an interesting character before she joined the Legion and I loved that she represented the Green Lantern legacy (even though I would've preferred Rond with the ring instead as the torch bearer). I feel they dropped the ball in terms of not exploring her connection to GL, but that's my only gripe with her.

My vote for the worst is Kid Quantum I - preboot he sucked because he had a confusing (and not very interesting) origin that was a huge retcon, then in the reboot, he was just an annoying character whose external powers didn't even make him qualified to be on the team.

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lone Wolf Legionnaire
Academy Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lone Wolf Legionnaire   Email Lone Wolf Legionnaire         Edit/Delete Post     
The last series revamp of Wildfire I waited so long for him to come back and when he did I was mad because they screwed his origin up.

--------------------
I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.

From: Kentucky | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
sneckie

catspaw is number 2.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.