Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » LSH 4 preview! ... Spoilers (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: LSH 4 preview! ... Spoilers
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Nice preview.

The one thing I don't get is that scene where Dirk says to Tasmia "I'm waiting for them to crack out the baby vids. Of you."

What does that mean? How would Dirk's parents have baby vids of Tasmia? Unless she's his adopted sister now or something? That would be a very interesting development if so.

Good to see Shadow Lass' skin looking a bit bluer but I really want Sun Boy's hair to go back to being red too. I made my boyfriend read the first couple of issues of this series last night and he kept getting Element Lad and Sun Boy confused. Why give two characters with exactly the same costume colour scheme the same colour hair as well - especially since one of them has already been established as having a very different hair colour? I'm sure my boo isn't the only new reader out there getting them mixed up too. Let's make it easy for them - red hair for Sun Boy please Barry!

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blacula:
The one thing I don't get is that scene where Dirk says to Tasmia "I'm waiting for them to crack out the baby vids. Of you."

What does that mean? How would Dirk's parents have baby vids of Tasmia? Unless she's his adopted sister now or something? That would be a very interesting development if so.

I think Sun Boy is just referring to the fact that his mom seems to know more about his friends than he does. Kinda that whole "hey, who's mom ARE you, anyways?" I almost think Dirk might be a little jealous that his parents are giving his friends the "parent treatment"...

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Ohhhhh OK. That makes sense. Thanks PC.
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
"Youthres 101.72" must be some sort of anti-cookie law that makes it an act of sedition to eat a home-baked cookie. No wonder Brainy wants to take over the U.P.!

Dirk's laid-back rebel parents seem polar opposites of the cold and selfish people depicted by TMK. If he's tempted to cut or sell out, he won't have the excuse of being a neglected and unloved child this time.

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Kirk's pencils don't look as good as they last time he drew the Legion.

Parents visiting with cookies...I hate with passion. Infact looks very early Zero Hour reboot (which I also hated).

Sun Boy has both parents alive and his dad isn't a prick...good job. Nice to see Dirk have a happier childhood than before.

Science Police blasting in? Now we're talking! Blast those retro losers until their cool!!!

Science Police are my heroes!*cookies...blah*

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Jorg-EM:
Kirk's pencils don't look as good as they last time he drew the Legion.

The art does look a bit rushed to me too.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Igee The Mighty
Legion Lover

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Igee The Mighty   Author's Homepage   Email Igee The Mighty         Edit/Delete Post     
Doublechinner, good call on the outlaw-fascist perspective. I didn't quite see it that way. [Smile]

Makes me wonder though. Previously, it seemed like the SPs were doing their best to tolerate the Legion. But now it appears that they're actually being pro-active in quelling the kids. Things is, I do recall in Star Boy's speech to Invisible Kid that this kind of quashing happened before. I wonder what happened that drives the SPs to break the uneasy truce.

--------------------
Igee The Mighty!

From: Manila, The Philippines | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
More preview pages. This time of the back-up story with Gibbons art. See link for new article here. I'll try and get the preview pages added to this thread.

Very interesting look at a future couple?

[ March 24, 2005, 06:34 AM: Message edited by: Lightning Lad ]

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
Those back-up pages look great!
From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rjbrande
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rjbrande   Email rjbrande         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Igee The Mighty:
Things is, I do recall in Star Boy's speech to Invisible Kid that this kind of quashing happened before. I wonder what happened that drives the SPs to break the uneasy truce.

And since you referenced SB's conversation with Lyle, I wonde what's going on in the plaza if the SP's are inside? As for what set them off, Lyle makes a really bad decision this issue, right?

And add my name to the list of those who loved that backup preview. I really like where this book is going.

[ March 24, 2005, 07:32 AM: Message edited by: rjbrande ]

Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Here are the pages for those who cannot get into The Pulse:

Click for fullsize image Click for fullsize image Click for fullsize image

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
Very cool!There are those bright colors we've been complaining about.
I see why you got the idea that they might get paired up but I don't think it's really going to happen. Nice scene though, personal moments like that add a lot.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

That last panel looks way too much like it was leading to a kiss to not lead to one. Can't wait to see the rest of it.

I love the vibrant colors but don't like the way Val is colored. He looks sunburned to me.

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
I think it's headed for a kiss on the check. Val's going to be smitten with Tinya and she's not going to reciprocate the fellings. Just my guess. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by rjbrande:
quote:
Originally posted by Igee The Mighty:
Things is, I do recall in Star Boy's speech to Invisible Kid that this kind of quashing happened before. I wonder what happened that drives the SPs to break the uneasy truce.

And since you referenced SB's conversation with Lyle, I wonde what's going on in the plaza if the SP's are inside? As for what set them off, Lyle makes a really bad decision this issue, right?
My impression was the S.P.s crashed into the Morgna home (not Legion HQ) while the kids were visiting Dirk's parents. That makes it even stranger. I suspect has something to do with the fact that Lyle's father is an S.P. officer who hates the Legion. We'll find out very soon.

Re. the backup story, I think lovelorn Val is flashing back to the only time Tinya ever touched him. Waid's Val is quite appealing (I never, ever liked KK before) and the new Tinya promises to be a much better character than the unpleasant shrew DnA depicted. Personally, I have a hard time picturing these two as a couple but I'm thrilled that PG/UB and KK/PP are no longer shackled by their previous relationships. I look forward to other unexpected romantic and friendship combinations.

Those wonderful colors just jump off the page, don't they? Kudos to Waid, Gibbons, et al.

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.