Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » LSH 4 preview! ... Spoilers (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: LSH 4 preview! ... Spoilers
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Barry pls post the SPs design sheets. The SPs are m y heroes of this series. [Wink]
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
profh0011
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for profh0011   Author's Homepage   Email profh0011         Edit/Delete Post     
I liked Leonard Kirk's art MORE than what Barry Kitson has been doing.

I recall the very 1st issue of JSA he did (before he "got good" in most fans views), I thought he'd be a PERFECT fit for the LSH.

That said, both his art and Dave Gibbons' (who I've loved since his run on DOCTOR WHO!!!) both really "fit" with the current look Kitson is giving the book. I think any given series should have its own unique and consistent "look", and fill-in artists should be appropriate in being able to maintain whatever that "look" is.

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
So, seven years later...

I just figured out that the whole "people from Xanthu can't eat sugar" thing is a reference to Xanthan gum.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Ah! but perhaps they can eat xylitol, which may have been developed on Xanthu although Terran encylopedias will say otherwise.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blacula:

Good to see Shadow Lass' skin looking a bit bluer but I really want Sun Boy's hair to go back to being red too. I made my boyfriend read the first couple of issues of this series last night and he kept getting Element Lad and Sun Boy confused. Why give two characters with exactly the same costume colour scheme the same colour hair as well - especially since one of them has already been established as having a very different hair colour? I'm sure my boo isn't the only new reader out there getting them mixed up too. Let's make it easy for them - red hair for Sun Boy please Barry!

OMG! I have NO recollection of writing this and EVEN LESS of forcing my boyfriend at the time (of probably less than 3 months at that point) to read the first few issues of the WaK Legion!

No wonder we broke up shortly afterward! Haha Another reason for me to hate that terrible era. [Mad] [Wink]

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Every response I can think of to the let's-use-comics-to-break-up-a-relationship story just sounds worse than the one before.

Maybe we should talk politics or something else relaxing, instead.

[Poke Joke]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
^ Have you had comics break up a relationship before cleome? This sounds like it could be a topic for its own thread. Haha "Have comics ever ruined your love life?" [Big Grin]

I mainly keep my interest in comics hidden from my partners for the most part. They usually know I might read them - but not that I have thousands and thousands of them or that I sometimes obsess over trivial minutiae like characters' hair colours on online message boards or anything. Haha

That boyfriend knew and seemed to be kinda into the idea though. He even bought me the Superman: Birthright TPB for my Birthday which I thought was really sweet, and really lucky too since I have a LOT of Superman comics and he just happened to get me one I'd never read before.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Awww, what a sweet boyfriend, Blacula. Blaze does the same for me, although I can't really do the same for him since he's not really a big fan of anything in particular. He's more of a generalist [Razz]

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.