Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Let's talk about LSH #8 (potential spoilers aplenty)... (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  9  10  11   
Author Topic: Let's talk about LSH #8 (potential spoilers aplenty)...
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
It could be Chameleon.

I loved this issue. I've kind of given up on Vi, though.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Oh, and I just noticed: Ayla smacking action!

Question: Will this cause MLLASH to hate Projectra forever?

Jeckie smacks Ayla? EXcellent!! You go, Princess!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Who's the guy underneath Jo? Val, maybe?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Two things I noticed:

-- Jan and Tinya appear to be watching "Angel" when Rokk's broadcast went out.

-- Considering how important the flight rings are this issue, you'd think someone would make sure the characters are seen wearing them throughout the book (it's a slight peeve of mine). One of the main jobs of an editor of any Legion title should be to make sure the rings are present.

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:

Oh the mental images... [Good]

(No, I haven't got my copy yet, lemme be happy in imagination land!)

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

quote:
Originally posted by Tromium:
It's pretty obvious from the next two solicitations that Cos will choose exile from Braal. Some cliffhanger.

Is it so obvious? I mean, presumably the "deadly decision" from next issue is whether Cos leaves or not. Then we have the team fighting "united" in #10 against Terra Firma, and a question over "who's in charge", but that would still take place even if Cos left, since not everyone would automatically follow Brainy's lead in Cos's absence.

I do think it is unlikely that Cos will actually leave, but I don't see how it's "given away" by the solicits.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

quote:
Originally posted by Caliente:
quote:

Oh the mental images... [Good]

(No, I haven't got my copy yet, lemme be happy in imagination land!)

Context... who needs it?
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Context... who needs it?

YES!! [Big Grin] You get me EDE~ [Wink]

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Awkward Pause Boy
Candidate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awkward Pause Boy   Email Awkward Pause Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Quite a dynamic issue. I liked it. Interesting hints at more information too--I hate pirates, things gained, Cos's rise to leadership.

The art made me realize how much Barry brings to the stories. It was missed. The depictions seemed off too. First Element Lad and Phantom girl are watching a video and then they're in the hall with Light Lass? That said, Colossal Boy and Element Lad looked fantastic on their splash page.

From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wamu2
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wamu2           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:
Two things I noticed:

-- Jan and Tinya appear to be watching "Angel" when Rokk's broadcast went out.

good call. and when looking at that page again it seems lava lamps are still around.
From: chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SouthtownKid
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SouthtownKid   Email SouthtownKid         Edit/Delete Post     
This seems to have been some people's favorite issue, but I think it was my least favorite. I was interested in the two factions within the Legion, but was kind of disappointed it devolved into an actual fistfight. I was glad at least to see the 3 founders not against each other. At least not yet.

What I've been enjoying most in this run so far, are the various new concepts: Triplicate Girl, Micro Lad, and character moments, like that between Tinya and Val in the PG back up story (and so cool to see Gibbons drawing the Legion). Seeing the Legion on the edge of imploding so early in the run, is not as enjoyable for me...

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
The legionnaires are very realistic, character-wise, and this is one of the strengths of the series for me - the development of believable people, whether or not I like them - although as with real people, they all have good and bad sides to them. It's even difficult to entirely loathe Cosmic Boy - I could see him behaving like this because he's starting to crack under the strain of leading the Legion and facing this horrific war - perhaps he was more even-tempered, more inspirational and "leaderly" in the past. He earned his position? I suspect the group was without a leader at first, realized they needed a front man/co-ordinator, took a vote and elected him.

As for him talking about people as he did, it shows he shouldn't have let his guard down and he misjudged Brainy. People talk about other people like that all the time. Some of the great political bloopers have been when those who maintain a diplomatic public face are caught off-microphone. And we see the hidden resentments among members bursting forth, as well. Resentments is perhaps too strong a word - just the things that rub people the wrong way.

If I were a legionnaire, I'd have a hard time deciding who to follow - Cos, with his explosiveness and insulting comments, his admission of fears that it's all coming undone - or Brainy, with his arrogance, disregard for people's feelings, possible instability (what a tantrum indeed!) and, quite frankly, irresponsible and self-indulgent exposure of Cosmic Boy's private conversation with Sun Boy.

It looks like Lon Norg has had a revelation, which I hope he'll pursue. Lightning Lad certainly seems to be somewhat hostile towards adults - "a grunt"? And what story is behind their last encounter with Norg? I liked the way the father refused to acknowledge his son's Legion-name.

The treasury - I smell R.J. Brande in the background, but that's only because I want to.... it could be Lemnos.

Maybe Jeckie inherits a power when her parents die - something that goes with the assumption of a now non-existent throne?

The pirates have been selling Legion wannabes into the slave trade - will we see some of these slaves? WIll the Legion liberate them at some point? Did they want to become active members, which would imply that they have powers, or just join the throng? Do sentients have to be smuggled onto Earth, or were they deceived?

One thing that strikes me is that the Legion has developed a very heavy infrastructure, very quickly. That huge building, the tech (portals, cruisers, etc.), a treasury director, a field commander.... a real little empire in two years or so. I'd be a bit afraid of them, myself.

By the way, before the series began, Brainiac 5 was described as the Science Advisor, not a member. That seems to have fallen by the wayside.

I don't really get what they're doing with that silhouette page, but it seems to be something directed. Maybe it's who Lemnos is actively controlling today.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SouthtownKid
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SouthtownKid   Email SouthtownKid         Edit/Delete Post     
I know it's nothing related, but every time I see the name "Lemnos", I can't help but think of Legionnaire Lemon.

Not that that guy could have the slightest possible connection to Mon-El...maybe I have some latent dyslexia kicking in.

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by SiliconDream:
quote:
Originally posted by rjbrande:
Oh, and best line of the issue, though it wasn't really funny:

Element Lad: "I hate pirates."

Yeah, that was a nice nod. I preferred his previous line, though, after explaining his power: "Don't worry. It'll only hurt for a minute."
Sure, but did you notice that the pirate recognized that Element Lad was a Tromian based on his powers? That tells us that Trom is still alive and that Tromians typically have element-altering abilities. The real question is: what does this mean for Lightning Lad?

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:
Projectra had an interesting and cryptic line though -- did she inherit powers of some kind? The veil was a nice nod to the "Sensor Girl" faceless look.

I noticed this, too. She talked about what she lost and what she gained. I'm hoping to see Projectra as a power player the way Sensor Girl was.

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  9  10  11   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.