Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Let's talk about LSH #8 (potential spoilers aplenty)... (Page 10)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11   
Author Topic: Let's talk about LSH #8 (potential spoilers aplenty)...
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:

The pirates have been selling Legion wannabes into the slave trade - will we see some of these slaves? WIll the Legion liberate them at some point?

Cue Nardo, stage right. =)

[ July 30, 2005, 08:05 PM: Message edited by: Portfolio Boy ]

From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Portfolio Boy:
Ac couple of things bothered me about this. For one, Lightning Lad made reference to Lyle's dad having been a low level SP the last time the Legion deal with him. Now, maybe Lemnos is playing tricks with my memory, but I thought he was something of a mucky-muck, like the head of Earth, or Metropolis, or some such division...

Lon Norg is IDed by Brainy as head of SP's North American Division in the issue 4, where Lyle gives him the blood sample. However the Legion last saw him in issue 3. Lon Norg was seen driving around Metropolis in a squad car stopping Collosal Boy, Light Lass and, Invisible Kid from fixing a damaged building. That's not something the head of a continent would do. IK had to quickly hide remember.

So even Brainy didn't question the promotion between issue 3 and 4. Lemnos is apparently that powerful.

[ July 30, 2005, 08:06 PM: Message edited by: Tamper Lad ]

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Tamper Lad:
[QUOTE] However the Legion last saw him in issue 3 Lon Norg was seen driving around Metropolis in a squad car stopping Collosal Boy, Light Lass and, Invisible Kid from fixing a damaged building not something the head of a continent would do. IK had to quickly hide remember.

Oh. I never go that that was suposed to be Lyle's dad. I assumed that he hid when the SPs showed up because, well... Lyle is something of a wuss this time around.
From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

quote:
Originally posted by Gorilla Nebula:
what was Brainy's "tak" on the computer during their talk? ...

He was opening a channel so all the other Legionnaires could hear the conversation.

But my questions, did only Legion members with rings hear, as I presume, or might Leena (sp?) have broadcast Cos' tirade to all the members in the courtyard?

Tamper Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I think it was him, though I can't be sure so many guys with short hair in the 31st Century. It ties in with Lemnos telling Brainy about his manipulation of the Legion. Making it easier and harder for them when Lemnos needed stuff done.

It fits when Lemnos wanted IK's invisibility serum he put the screws to the Legion by getting the SP officer who hated them the most promoted. Then when Norg got the serum, that Youth Reg was suspended through Lemnos' manipulation.

Cos said in that issue that the Youth Reg had been on the books but unenforced for a long time. So what happened makes more sense in this context.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Awkward Pause Boy:
Why is Ayla explaining to Triplicate Girl that Cos broke into Brainy's lab?

I believe Ayla is explaining it to Thom and not Luorna. I could be mistaken, but that's how I took it.

quote:
I assumed the gain is powers. But there was one panel I did not quite get, in which it looks like Light Lass is walking through an illusion, nonplussed. I am wondering if Projectra had illusion powers, although I had read her last appearance as indicating her wealth was her only "power."

The wavy lines weren't an illusion, it was Ayla using her powers to move the throne out of the way to see Projectra. You can see the bottom of the throne at the top of the panel.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tromium:

I don't recall Chameleon ever being "poisonously bitter", but it might be a clue that he'll wind up siding with Brainy.

I completely did not get that remark either. Seemed the absolute antithesis of the character, thus far, as portrayed. Did it make sense to anyone?
He was semi-bitter at Luorna and Dirk about the timing thing. But the instance I thought of for that remark is when he and Gim were flying and he used Gim as a distraction to change. He was really standoffish and insulted Gim behind his back...

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tamper Lad:
However the Legion last saw him in issue 3 Lon Norg was seen driving around Metropolis in a squad car stopping Collosal Boy, Light Lass and, Invisible Kid from fixing a damaged building not something the head of a continent would do. IK had to quickly hide remember.

Oh. I never go that that was suposed to be Lyle's dad. I assumed that he hid when the SPs showed up because, well... Lyle is something of a wuss this time around.
Whoa... me either! Freaky...

[ July 30, 2005, 08:26 PM: Message edited by: Caliente ]

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
In issue #4, Brainy referred to Lon Norg as "the head of the Northam Science Police". It sounded pretty important to me at the time (Northam=Northern Hemisphere??), but considering that the SPs have been seen in the farthest reaches of the universe, including Lallor and even Rimwold 19, it might in fact have been a "middlecog" postition after all.

The fact that Norg's superiors and co-workers aren't curious about his quick ascent is consistent with Lemnos' powers - even if it does require some serious suspension of disbelief.

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
Regarding Ayla's chat with Luornu, the only explanation I can imagine is that Ayla heard about the break-in at the water cooler, but still has no idea who Cos's accomplices were. Luornu *does* look a bit uncomfortable.

[ July 30, 2005, 08:37 PM: Message edited by: Tromium ]

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Well, at least the revelation of Lon Norg's Lemnos-inspired promotion helps to explain how the Captain in issue one came to be referred to a few issues later as General Toling4rd.

[ July 30, 2005, 08:44 PM: Message edited by: Portfolio Boy ]

Tamper Lad

Well the revelation does flesh out how pervasive Lemnos' influence is in the galaxy. A real "phantom menace" to be sure.
Awkward Pause Boy
Candidate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awkward Pause Boy   Email Awkward Pause Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Caliente:
quote:
Why is Ayla explaining to Triplicate Girl that Cos broke into Brainy's lab?

I believe Ayla is explaining it to Thom and not Luorna. I could be mistaken, but that's how I took it.
I tried taking it that way, but then Ayla's line about her and Thom didn't make as much sense.

[ July 30, 2005, 09:07 PM: Message edited by: Awkward Pause Boy ]

From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Awkward Pause Boy
Candidate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awkward Pause Boy   Email Awkward Pause Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Tromium:
Regarding Ayla's chat with Luornu, the only explanation I can imagine is that Ayla heard about the break-in at the water cooler, but still has no idea who Cos's accomplices were. Luornu *does* look a bit uncomfortable.

She should look uncomfortable. She must've been the one who said, "Cos did what?" So she's either deceiving Ayla or deceiving herself.
From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SiliconDream
I'd rather not be

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SiliconDream   Email SiliconDream         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Finally read it.

I don't get all the hatin' on the fill-in guy. Sure, we all miss Barry when he's away, but this guy was good enough. I found his Garth, Jan and in particular his Colossal Boy very cute! And that butt-shot of Tinya on the 2-page spread was worthy of Cockrum himself! Yum! I've never really considered Tinya the Legion hottie before, but so far in the 3boot... she is!

I thought individual panels were great--it was just that the characters' expressions didn't always match the mood of the scene, nor stay similar from one panel to the next. I think that's largely responsible for the arguments in this issue seeming implausible or melodramatic--even the characters kind of looked like they were putting on an act.
quote:
Cham-- poisonously bitter? I haven't seen that. Yet.
Well, he's said a lot of snarky things--dissing Gim, muttering angrily in issue #3, etc. I didn't take them seriously, and it may be that most of the other Legionnaires don't either--but should. Could be he's the Gates of this boot, not entirely there by choice.
From: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Why is Ayla explaining to Triplicate Girl that Cos broke into Brainy's lab? Triplicate Girl participated in the break-in. Was Triplicate Girl just being her triplicitous self, or might some of her not know what the rest is up to?

I wondered about that too. I thought it might have been an editorial oversight, but then I thought it could also be that Lu is still trying to minimize her connection with Cos so she can still be an effective "spy". Maybe everyone knows that Cos broke in, but nobody knows that he had help from the others.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Kitson
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry Kitson   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
The question of Norg senior's rapid rise in the SP is something that will be dealt with...or at least it's in our plans to deal with [Smile]

It's great to read that many of you are forming different opinions about a character's behaviour - just the kind of reactions we were hoping for - and that, as things unfold, some of your judgements might be proved accurate and some need to be revised [tease]

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

From: UK | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.