Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Let's talk about LSH #8 (potential spoilers aplenty)... (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   
Author Topic: Let's talk about LSH #8 (potential spoilers aplenty)...
Lad Boy
3rd smartest person on Legion World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lad Boy   Email Lad Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Barry Kitson:
The answers to the Lightning Lad planet of origin is explained in #9 - I promise! :)

Hi Mechana - I haven't actually seen the coloring on #8 yet - but I'm looking forward to seeing it! (Everyone here sees the printed book before me!)

Oh you shameless hussy of a tease... I'm liking you more and more each month. Let's meet for coffee.
From: Washington DC | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mechana
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mechana           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:

Hi Mechana - I haven't actually seen the coloring on #8 yet - but I'm looking forward to seeing it! (Everyone here sees the printed book before me!)

Hi Barry - very nice to meet you. If it's any consolation, I haven't seen the printed book either! (It always looks a little different than it does on screen.)
From: Canada | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SiliconDream
I'd rather not be

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SiliconDream   Email SiliconDream         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by jimgallagher:
quote:
Originally posted by SiliconDream:
He did punch 70,000 tons of snow off a building a couple of issues ago, and in previous incarnations he's bounced Daxamites into other solar systems and countered earthquakes with a stomp. He's pretty good at faking superstrength when he needs to.

The snow thing was about striking in precisely the right spot to cause the snow drift to shatter, not about being strong enough to move 70,000 tons and when did he knock a Daxamite into another solar system?
The snowdrift didn't just shatter, though, it was blown a fair distance away from the building on all sides. That much kinetic energy would blast away 100-ton Gim, easy.

Remember when M'onel got possessed by that alien "wraith" and tried to kill a bunch of Legionnaires? He charged Val and got judo-tossed so far he ended up at a nearby red star. (Which wasn't the star of the planet he was previously on; that was yellow.)

Val probably knows the exact point to punch Gim such that a terajoule of zero-point energy is suddenly ripped out of the ether and fires him away. As far as I can tell, the boy's power works like Zatanna's, except he warps reality by hitting things instead of talking backwards.

From: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Kitson
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry Kitson   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks Lad Boy - sorry I forgot the [tease] graemlin! [Smile] I'll look forward to that coffee sometime!

Thanks Mechana - nice to meet you too!

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

From: UK | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gorilla Nebula
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gorilla Nebula   Email Gorilla Nebula         Edit/Delete Post     
barry, does that mean you only draw part of #9?
can i send you my artwork to critique?

--------------------
Gorilla Nebula

From: san francisco | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Kitson
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry Kitson   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Hi GN - I'd be happy to take a look at your work - send me a scan or two (reasonable sized if possible) and I'll be happy to offer what advice/feedback I can! Alternatively if you want to send copies to me via DC I'm sure Steve or Harvey will be happy to send them on to me - and I'll return them with some notes and sketches thrown in!

I pencilled and inked the last few pages of #9 (and co-plotted the story with Mark)- but I've already pencilled all 30 of #10 and am well into #11!
Georges Jeanty pencilled most of #9 and Art Thibert did the inks...and Mechana can tell you exactly who colored what...I expect [Smile]

[ July 29, 2005, 12:05 PM: Message edited by: Barry Kitson ]

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

From: UK | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
The answers to the Lightning Lad planet of origin is explained in #9 - I promise! [Smile]

Hmmm...if #9 holds the answer then I know it was a ruse. As a founder I suspect that Garth ran away from home. He may get into trouble if the general public knew who he was and where he's from, at least that was the case the previous two histories. [Smile]
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by mechana:
Special thanks to Scott for his subtle but generous support. [Wink]

Always glad to help a friend Ronda!

That goes for you too Barry! [Big Grin]

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
quote:
The answers to the Lightning Lad planet of origin is explained in #9 - I promise! [Smile]

Hmmm...if #9 holds the answer then I know it was a ruse. As a founder I suspect that Garth ran away from home. He may get into trouble if the general public knew who he was and where he's from, at least that was the case the previous two histories. [Smile]
I should have thought of that. Maybe being a runaway carries worse penalties given the nature of this new 'boot.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
And Trom is probably already destroyed or hard to get information from, so they picked that as his new "home," to cover for being from Winath. Light Lass may have been a legal immigrant just like the last 'boot.

I have a feeling that #9 is our origin issue.

[ July 29, 2005, 03:42 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by jimgallagher:
quote:
Originally posted by ferroboy:

As for Lightning Lad, I again don't think it's a mistake. It could just be that his origin changed.

But how can Lightning Lad be from Trom if his twin sister is from Winath? Assuming Garth and Ayla are still twins. We know that Garth has a sister at least.
Right, all we know is that Garth has a sister. Even if it is Ayla, they could not be twins anymore. Maybe they're even half-siblings.

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by wamu2:
wow, the fill-in artist gets no love. that's got to be a rough gig.

By the way, does anyone else find it interesting how much time Element Lad and Phantom Girl spend together? First time we see them Phantom girl is providing dating tips from a batman comic, in this issue they are hanging out watching Angel (I wonder if it's the public domain by then). Just friends or will there be a transmutation into something else? [Smile]

Interesting thought. Maybe Element Lad sees something in PG that others miss. But I do wonder what will happen if Projectra gets Sensor Girl-style powers. If she can "see through the illusions of the world" she might just be able to connect with PG on a different level than anyone else. It could make for a great friendship.

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

quote:
Originally posted by Jorg-EM:
I think Kevin Sharpe did a fine job! I know Barry is the MVP of this series...by far...heck he's carrying the series! But Kevin did a good job. Sure some of his faces weren't that great and some panels spotty BUT I liked lots of it and see potential. I would like to see him fill in in the future again with a better feel for the title.

I agree. Sure, he's not my favorite artist, but he's nowhere near the worst I've seen. It looked like decent stuff to me.

--------------------
Dan

ferroboy
Legionnaire!

quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
[QUOTE] As a founder I suspect that Garth ran away from home. He may get into trouble if the general public knew who he was and where he's from, at least that was the case the previous two histories. [Smile]

Previous TWO issues? It never seemed to me like Garth suffered from troubles with the law in his original incarnation.

--------------------
Dan

Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
Garth wasn't a runaway preboot, but his reason for leaving home was the same in both histories, i.e., to look for his brother Mekt. Maybe this time around, Mekt is looking for him and that's why he's trying to fake another identity.

It would be a gas if Mekt became a member of Terror Firma.

[ July 29, 2005, 06:50 PM: Message edited by: Tromium ]

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.