Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » The most major SPOILER you'll have read on the internet so far (Infinite Crisis) (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: The most major SPOILER you'll have read on the internet so far (Infinite Crisis)
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Since no one else has mentioned this... could Kal-L's punching through the barrier between universes be the "hammering on reality from the outside" from the Titans/Legion Special?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stratum
Booster Club President

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stratum           Edit/Delete Post     
That's one theory I heard earlier. Could very well be.

Jamie

From: Wood River, IL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
My reaction:
Meh.
(I'm rather enjoying the bickering between Supes, Batman and WW, though.)
And just for the record, I don't want Superman, Superboy or Supergirl in the Legion. Mon-el and Andromeda most certainly. But the Super-people tend to steal all the spotlight.
My two cents.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lad Boy
3rd smartest person on Legion World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lad Boy   Email Lad Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I'll toss in my penny so we can make it an opera. No Kryptonians, no time travel.
From: Washington DC | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stratum
Booster Club President

My reaction so far (since everyone else is doing it):

Guarded excitement.

I too, like the bickering, to a point. I like the fact that Clark and Bruce both realize that the other are not living up to expectations. But I do not like how they are shutting out Diana. Bruce I can understand but Clark it just doesn't feel right.

I like the view from the narrator's point of view. I just hope they explain why no one that was present at the birth of the multiverse (CoIE #11, IIRC) remembers like they are supposed to.

I was cursing the deaths as they happened. I see it as a necessary evil to explain the severity of things. Do I like it? No, but I hate seeing characters with so much promise being laid to rest. At least they did it so that some may be able to return.

I'm really excited about what's happening, but at the same time I am not about to base my love off of one issue. Too many times have crossovers had promise and were not able to deliver. Identity Crisis, I'm looking at you.

Jamie

From: Wood River, IL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Since no one else has mentioned this... could Kal-L's punching through the barrier between universes be the "hammering on reality from the outside" from the Titans/Legion Special?

Maybe, or it was the force that's "rupturing the fabric of space-time" at the end of the Rann-Thanagar War. Or both are just different manifestations of the same Multiverse-related phenomenon.

Stratum, it seems to me the Multiverse is much more than a red herring given that Power Girl is in fact Earth-2 Supergirl (the cover of IC #2 leaves little doubt of this) and Donna Troy now remembers her other lives. It's now integral to the origins of at least two present-day DCU characters, and maybe others. I'm probably going overboard with the idea of Earth-Prime Superboy in the Legion, but dollars to donuts the Multiverse will somehow provide an explanation for the 3boot Legion, and the disappearance of the postboot one.

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stratum
Booster Club President

quote:
Stratum, it seems to me the Multiverse is much more than a red herring given that Power Girl is in fact Earth-2 Supergirl (the cover of IC #2 leaves little doubt of this) and Donna Troy now remembers her other lives. It's now integral to the origins of at least two present-day DCU characters, and maybe others. I'm probably going overboard with the idea of Earth-Prime Superboy in the Legion, but dollars to donuts the Multiverse will somehow provide an explanation for the 3boot Legion, and the disappearance of the postboot one.
It's possible Trom. But I'm not quite ready to grasp on to the fact that she's the Earth-2 Supergirl just yet. At least not until the big reveal in JSAC.

As for the multiverse (as we know it), I honestly don't think they will revert back to it. I think that would create even more problems. I think that aspects of it will return to tease us into buying it and we may even end up with a new multiverse but I really doubt it will be the same one most of us know and love.

Jamie

Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
They don't have to revert to the old multiverse. They could have a multiverse and the current DCU. My pet theory is that some of the recent deaths (Shayera in particular) could be setting the stage for the return of classic pre-crisis versions of the characters.

Certainly Shayera and Katar from Thanagar of another reality is simpler to understand than whatever continuity post-crisis Shay and Katar had.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
At the very least, "All Star Superman" seems to suggest that other realities will co-exist along with the mainstream DCU. And even if the Multiverse is not an active part of the post-IC DCU storytelling, Karen and Donna's new origins (and the return of our friends from the Paradise dimension) almost guarantee that it will no longer be a forgotten part.
From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Not only to I think [this] Superboy should be in the Legion, I have a strong feeling that he will be there. [Smile]
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Me too (on both accounts) and that makes me very happy. [Smile]
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charles Phipps
I'm actually the Time Trapper...shhhhhh

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charles Phipps   Email Charles Phipps         Edit/Delete Post     
Ugh! I hope not!

I don't want the original fake Superboy in the Legion!

Conner at least has a legitimate title to it!

--------------------
Author of "Machine Goddess" and "The Undying Machine"
Machine Goddess: http://tinyurl.com/gkp5z
Undying Machine: http://tinyurl.com/jvw9p

Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
How come? Wasn't Kon-el a clone originally?
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charles Phipps
I'm actually the Time Trapper...shhhhhh

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charles Phipps   Email Charles Phipps         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, but Superman passed down the title to him and adopted him.

Clark from Earth Prime is just some kid with powers resembling it and a fandom of Supes.

--------------------
Author of "Machine Goddess" and "The Undying Machine"
Machine Goddess: http://tinyurl.com/gkp5z
Undying Machine: http://tinyurl.com/jvw9p

Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
Would this be the same Superboy who came from the Pocket Universe created by the Time Trapper - or just another version?
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.