Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » The most major SPOILER you'll have read on the internet so far (Infinite Crisis) (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: The most major SPOILER you'll have read on the internet so far (Infinite Crisis)
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Kid:

Is this still considerd a "spoiler" thread?
&
&
&
&
&
&
&
&
&
spoiler space?
c
h
u
c
k
l
e

My comic shop guy was chatting about IC and dropped the rumor on me that the outcome of the story will be that the DC heroes LOST the Crisis in Infinite Earths. The entire DC Universe for the last two and a half decades has been the twisted product of the Psycho Pirate's dementia.

Unfortunately the conversation was interrupted and we didn't get back to it but might this mean that DC is getting ready to reset everything to the late 80s?

Personally, I would tend to doubt it.

I have the gut feeling that what we're seeing is actually the last hurrah for a lot of these ideas before the DCU moves forward.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
That wouldn't be bad either. Even us die-hards could finally accept that it's a done deal and go with the flow or go totally indie.

You know the LSH really would be a kick-nass indie title wouldn't it? Vanth Dreadstar would be a cool recurring Legion villian.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
I would hate if they reboot everything to 1985. Unless ofcourse that includes the Legion. [Wink]

But all kidding aside...as much as this idea scares me I think DC will move foward. They have noticed you don't need a massive continuity change to rework a hero or team. (I guess unlike our Legion)

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Kid:
That wouldn't be bad either. Even us die-hards could finally accept that it's a done deal and go with the flow or go totally indie.

Yep.

I wasn't clear above, but I don't have a problem with that idea either. I may not end up happy with the execution, but we'll see how it goes.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN
"Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong."

Icon 1 posted      Profile for l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN   Email l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN         Edit/Delete Post     
ok why does the "bowling for soup" song 1985 keep popping up in my head when i read this thread??

--------------------
Judging yourself right is a
destination, i'm just on a journey

http://pnubaumturk.deviantart.com/

From: Yonkers N.Y | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lame Lad
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lame Lad   Email Lame Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I wouldn't mind if they rebooted to 1985 if they could reboot Giffen's pencils to about that time. I think after Crisis, we ended up with Earth-3 Giffen.

Although, to be honest, I luvs Barry's artwork. I remember someone showing me a copy of Empire and I told the guy who was showing it to me that I'd kill to see that guy drawing the Legion because his style just looks natural for it.

The Legion has always has it's share of good artists.

Barry Kitson, Keith Giffen, Mike Grell, Dave Cockrum, Steve Lightle, Coipel (who I think was just outstanding once he hit his groove during Lost).

Anyhow, I still miss my pre-Crisis Legion, when one issue we'd have Superboy and every now and then Kara would show up and the ties to 20th Century like pre-Millenium Laurel Kent, Dev-em, etc. That was the Legion I grew up on, starting with my first issue when I was 7 years old which featured the wedding of Duo Damsel and Bouncing Boy. Comics have come and gone, but I have never given up on the Legion and while each has been enjoyable in it's own way, the Legion before the Baxter format books will always hold a place in my heart.

From: Spokane | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Lame Lad, Giffen has gone through so many styles. But if I can capture that year or so of LOSH #300 through #313 of Giffen's magic. wow. Maybe the perfect Legion.

[ October 21, 2005, 11:54 PM: Message edited by: Jorg-EM ]

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.