Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » A question for Legion Worlders (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: A question for Legion Worlders
Barry Kitson
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry Kitson   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
isn't GARY cool for working out those numbers [Smile]

Matthew. [/QB][/QUOTE]

Absolutely! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

From: UK | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Gariac 5!

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Nightcrawler should become Calculator Kid!

Now Gary, if John boards the East Bound train carrying a 'very fine' copy of Adventure Comics #247, going 65 miles per hour and Myrtle rides a West Bound train holding a 'near mint' copy of the same issue traveling at 57 miles per hour, at what time should Larry eat his tuna fish sandwich?

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Monkey Eater Lad:
Nightcrawler should become Calculator Kid!

Now Gary, if John boards the East Bound train carrying a 'very fine' copy of Adventure Comics #247, going 65 miles per hour and Myrtle rides a West Bound train holding a 'near mint' copy of the same issue traveling at 57 miles per hour, at what time should Larry eat his tuna fish sandwich?

[Confused] [Hmmm?] [LOL] [LOL] [LOL] [LOL]
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
[Big Grin]

Well, after sleeping on it and deciding that since the book is supposed to be ongoing since ADVENTURE COMICS #247, I'm adding the LOST/WORLDS series to the mix. Also, since both Tales and Legionnaires added much to the mythos, we'll include them as our bi-weekly years. Therefore, the answer to HWW's question (for me) is:

LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES #622 (OCT 2005)

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Hell, I counted 621. Guess I have to go back to the begining and start over. [Wink]

Great work Gary!

[ October 19, 2005, 11:43 AM: Message edited by: Lightning Lad ]

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Wow. That's just plain awesome Gary.
From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:

wow !!

who would actual like to see a return to an ongoing numbering total !!??

wasn't MARK WAID the writer on "FANTASTIC FOUR" when it returned to it's original numbers, at issue 500 !!??

i kinda wish they hadn't kept re-starting at numbers 1's !!

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
Confidential to Larry: before the Space-Mayo turns.
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Since Gary is doing people's math homeowrk for them...

If one train is traveling at 35mph going east and another train is traveling 53mph....

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mediocre Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mediocre Boy   Email Mediocre Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Darn. You beat me to the punch, Blockade Boy. Good for you! Personally, I was gonna ask: if a hummingbird...ah, y'know: the question from Monty Python's Search for the Holy Grail movie. [Smile]

--------------------
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Okay, so the meek[s] shall inherit inherit the Earth, but what about the geeks? I still want Baffin Island--polar bears and all! :)

From: Brampton, Canada | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah this is all fun but if the title is called Adventure Comics again...i won't be happy. [Smile] I like LOSH. I started digging the logo even!
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
[Big Grin]

Well, after sleeping on it and deciding that since the book is supposed to be ongoing since ADVENTURE COMICS #247, I'm adding the LOST/WORLDS series to the mix. Also, since both Tales and Legionnaires added much to the mythos, we'll include them as our bi-weekly years. Therefore, the answer to HWW's question (for me) is:

I'm really impressed!! This is one of those things that I would have liked to have known, but never wanted to even try adding it up, so thank you GARY for doing it!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
googoomuck
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for googoomuck   Author's Homepage   Email googoomuck         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Barry Kitson:
Hi Guys
the excellent Mr.Wacker and I were hoping you could help us answer something....

If LSH had continued in Adventure Comics with no breaks from the end of the 'Tales of the Legion' numbering - what issue # would we be at now (October cover date)?

All help gratefully received! [Smile]

A question for Barry and Mr Wacker,

Is there some sort of renumbering conspiracy in the works?

--------------------
Play Stratego online at http://www.metaforge.net/webstratego/

From: Minneapolis Minnesota | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Hmm... don't forget that v2 was originally Superboy's book...
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.