Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » The Legionnaires At Their Best (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: The Legionnaires At Their Best
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
I'm going to be preparing another 'The Legionnaires' entry for Legion Abstract in the next week or so and I wanted to give you all a chance to chime in with predictions.

This is going to be a special entry because I'm going to be doing four Legionnaires at once. These are the four Legionnaires who, in my opinion, had signature appearances in 'For No Better Reason', the four part Gail Simone storyline that ended the 'The Legion' series a couple of years ago. (That's the storyline where four villains named Devil, Canary, Lantern and Arrow turn off all the technology in the Metropolis area for some reason I never quite caught.)

I finally did this. It's here. As I say, it features four Legionnaires. Before you read it, if you read it, see if you can predict which four it's going to be. Just for your own satisfaction.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xben
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xben   Author's Homepage   Email Xben         Edit/Delete Post     
Back to the orignial topic, my input (some of which has been mentioned here)

Garth - Legion Lost #12

Imra - Universo Project part 4, but also Legion of the Damned

Rokk - My dinner with Mordru, but also after he "wakes up" from Saturn Girl's puppet control during the Team 20 arc, and makes the vow that he'll get Imra and Garth together again

Lyle - Hitting Jo who was about to disobey his orders during Adventures 351 (I think). Also when he invents the flight rings in the post-boot

Cham - Powerless and facing down Ol-Vir, the crazy junior Daxamite

Jo - The Glorith investigation, as previously mentioned, but also Legion of the Damned where he breaks out of the Blight's control, and comes back at the leader. I think this is a good Tinya moment too.

Brin - Honouring KK's request

Brainy & Andromeda - the early reboot issue in which he makes her admit that she needs help to get over the lead poisoning. This was a very interesting read and a great take on two potentially unpleasant characters

Thunder - without a doubt her silent departure during the Rifts story

Mon-El - destroying the Time Trapper

--------------------
LSH Archives Vol.3 • Part 2

The truth set me free

From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
You know, I've been re-reading the 5YL Legion, and I have to say I really, really enjoyed Sun Boy's spotlight issue, as disturbing as it was. But for Legionnaires at their best, Sun Boy's must be putting back on that uniform that so many have ridiculed, and reclaiming his place as a Legionnaire after all what had happened with the Dominators. He knows that he has screwed up. Badly. But he's willing to face the people of Earth, to face the consequences of his actions and to start making amends. Powerful stuff. Of course, immediately afterwards the powerspheres exploded, and the protracted, painful death of the character started. I always hoped he'd be able to put himself back together, and was very upset when he was shot by Circe. What a waste.

[ December 06, 2006, 11:05 AM: Message edited by: Doctor One ]

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xben
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xben   Author's Homepage   Email Xben         Edit/Delete Post     
The death by Circe was bleak and felt very wasteful. However, I always pictured his "return to uniform" to be sort of pathetic and a bit deluded more than heroic. At least, that was my impression.

--------------------
LSH Archives Vol.3 • Part 2

The truth set me free

From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SiliconDream
I'd rather not be

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SiliconDream   Email SiliconDream         Edit/Delete Post     
Another good moment for Brainy--SLSH #254. The League of Super-Assassins had just defeated and apparently killed Superboy, Timber Wolf, Ultra Boy, Light Lass and Phantom Girl with ease (though they had the element of surprise.) Brainy, still insane and hospital-bound, does his usual "figure out the entire plot and how to resolve it" thing. Then he recruits the Subs and, thanks to his attack strategy, they hand the Assassins one of the most lopsided beatdowns in the history of comics. I mean, most of the Assassins were either fleeing in panic or or catatonic by the end. A high point in psychological warfare for Brainy, who's usually at his worst in that particular field.

The best part is after the Assassins' defeat, when he mentions that he could probably have taken them out with the help of only one Sub, "but this way seemed simpler."

From: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.