Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » The Return of Dev Em - a tag team tale (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: The Return of Dev Em - a tag team tale
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
"Great, just great" said Dev, as he looked up to the Entropy spinach. "I finally come home, and walk into the return of the Retros, the reunion of the LMBP Boy band, Loser getting shot, and now the Return of the Entropy spinach."

"Wow, that does suck" replied Beatnik Boy. "But since things seem to be getting progressively worse for the LMBP, we Retros may have to take our leave after all, and strike back at a time when our lives aren't in danger. Nothing personnal. Ciao." And suddenly, the five Retros dissapeared.

"Son of a bitch!" yelled Lash, "I promise we'll have our vengeance on them. Not only did they shoot Loser Lad, but the tried to reunite the LMBP boy band." "Pretty icky" echoed the computer.

"Entropy Spinach? Retros? What the hell is happening here" asked Vee, now coming to his senses, as the other LMBPers were no longer mind control. "Good to see you boys back" said Dev. "Dev! Your home!" yelled many LMBers. "Yup, and ready to kick some ass. The reunion will have to wait though, we need to hit that Entropy spinach hard!"

"Agreed" said Princess Crujectra. "EDE, lead a small group up to figure out what we're dealing with, and how strong the spinach is. Lardy, be careful, we know of your problems with the Spinach in the past. Dev, join Harbinger, Icefyre, Shark Lad, Lash, Lucien, and the others up there stat. Someone attend to Loser immediately. Cobalt-" the Princess stopped, realizing what she was interupting. Cobalt Kid had just seen Space Tart.

While the LMBPers rallied to figure out a plan, the Princess and EDE ensured that precautions could be taken to stop the Entropy Spinach. Dev fit right back in, while Semi and Vee tried to help out Loser as best they could. Cobalt and Space Tart now came face to face...

"I thought I'd lost you!" exclaimed Cobalt. "Me too" she smiled. They kissed, and laughed together. As they were kissing though, something seemed wrong. "No, wait." said Cobalt. He stopped. "You're not Space Tart. I...know her and you're just not her." "B-but...Cobie..." said the blue beauty, "it's me." "No, somethings wrong here. Someone is pulling our strings." Iron Rat stepped forward. "By Damn, your right Cobalt. Hold on." Using his spells, Iron Rat lifting the spell off of 'Space Tart' and dispelled all the magical energies off her. Immediately, she knew who she was. Space Tart was revealed to be the LMBP Spectre...

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

The LMBP Spectre, aka the formerly deceased LMBPer Foodmaker Kid in the body of Donna Troy with the powers of the Spectre, now stood in front of the LMBP. And suddenly she knew. "Cobalt. I'm so sorry. I wasn't in control of myself. I was under a spell..."

"But who? Who could have done this?" asked Iron Rat. "The Time Mouse Trapper, I know it" replied the Spectre. "He's behind this somehow. And we will deal with him later, I promise. He'll pay for all the pain he's inflicted on me, and all of you."

Cobalt Kid stood there stunned in silence for a minute. "That sucks Cobalt," said Lardy patting him on the shoulder. "We're here for you." "Thanks guys, I know" said Cobalt, as the LMB looked on silent.

"Guys, I hate to interrupt, but-" said EDE, as the Spectre cut him off. "No, you're right. First things first, we deal with the spinach. Then you can round up the Retros, then we'll get the Time Mouse Trapper I swear. Princess Crujectra's plan was good, and we'll stick to it. Space Ranger, Dev, Harbinger, Crusader, Beagle Boy, Icefyre, Cobalt Kid, Lucien Lad, Lash Lad, Varalant, Semi-Transparent Fellow, EDE and Shark Lad, it's up to you to hold back the Entropy Spinach before it destroys anything or anyone. Iron Rat, you, Lard Lad and I must now pool our powers together to figure out a way to bring Loser back, break the connection off between he and the Entropy Spinach, and then with the connection severed, send the spinach on it's way home."

"sounds good people" said the Princess, "let's go for it"

"Helluva way to make a return said Dev-Em...

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
*Interlude*

Sharkie, Dolly! Lol! That's absolutely perfect. A Computer possesed with the combined personalities of myself and Lash *and* Dolly. Pure genius.

And Cobie, the LMBP Spectre? Lol! This is shaping up well already.

Has to be said though, how many baddies are we going to have? This is building up to Crisis proportions. We've already got the multi-Durlan (about time we got a new villain), The Retros, The Entropy Spinach (has it ever been able to talk before?), the Time Mouse Trapper and the suggestion of the return of the evil versions of Lardy, Ede, Spacey, Lucien and an un-named LMBPer going bad. I think the LMBP are in for a tough fight here. Heh.

*End Interlude*

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

*Interlude*

Bevis, yeah, this is starting to shape up eh? There are a lot of villians, so I figure the Time Mouse Trapper story will continue in another Tag-team thread altogether eventually. Between this and showing up in the Thora thread, the LMBP's assault on the Time Mouse Trapper can be saved for later.

So right now, there is the Entropy Spinach, the Retros and the Multi-Durlan. There's also the suggestion that some LMBers may go evil, so we'll have to wait and see on that. Oh, and right now it looks like the Retros have taken off, so we may not see them again in this thread, unless the LMBP hunts them down.

*End Interlude*

SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
SharkLad turned to Cobalt with a puzzled look on his face.

"What's the big deal about this Entropy thing?" SharkLad growled, "How tough could it be?"

"SharkLad," Cobie responded, "You weren't around for our last fight with the Entropy Spinach. It's extremely dangerous!"

"Wait, did you say Spinach? Cause man, I'm starving!" said SharkLad, his stomach grumbling.

"Don't even think about ..." started Cobalt Kid, but it was too late ...

"INUKCHUK!" bellowed SharkLad, exhibiting his new super-growth power (with props to Apache Chief) he had acquired from the Shark Beast Avatar during the battle against Thora saga. Soon SharkLad was twice the size of the Entropy Spinach, and, despite the horrified screams of the LMBP, SharkLad devoured the Entropy Spinach in two bites!

"He's mad!" yelled a blanched Princess Crujectra.

SharkLad let loose a thundering burp. "Hey guys, I don't feel so well ... "

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

...as he suddenly vomitted acidic vomit all over the LMBPers! Computer, the only one affected since it was a hologram smiled at Lucien and Lash who were covered in green entropy Spinach vomit. "Hun, you don't look to good"

Meanwhile, Lardy, Iron Rat and the LMBP Spectre formed a circle around Loser Lad and began concentrating. "Now...to find the connection to the Spinach, end it, bring Loser back and then finish the fight with the Retros." said Iron Rat. "Yes LMBPers, we must stop this now..."

"Uh, guys, I hate to say it, but I see Lou loud and clear in this vision, and he looks like he's..."

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

*eagerly awaiting the next installment...*
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

"...looks like he's wearing Buffalo Sabres themed wedding dress!"

"Hah!" yelled Lardy, "I always knew Bill was a fan, but I didn't think he'd take it this far!"

"No", replied the Spectre, "what you are seeing is a metaphorical vision to Loser's inner center."

"Dude, Lou's in a wedding dress."

"Look!" said Iron Rat suddenly. "The Spinach. Somehow, the Entropy Spinach has invaded Loser Lad's inner pysche! I can sense mystical energy involved. That explains why the Spinach was able to talk, it's trying to tap into Loser Lad's psyche to gain sentience, to launch his attack."

"Sabres baby!" said Lou.

"Stu is right. Lardy, Iron Rat, if you please, destroy the metaphorical spinach, while I transform Loser's mind back to normal and heal him."

"Man, I love it when we do things with our powers that make no sense even when we're saying them!" said Lardy. Lard Lad and Iron Rat then preceded to blast all the Spinach out of Loser's mind, as the LMBP Spectre held Loser until he was cured. The Sabres Wedding dressed LMBPer now smiled as he came back into normal being. "You are healed Lou. The connection to the Spinach is gone. It's spreading will stop. Now all that has to happen is that it must be beat back."

And with that, the four LMBPers returned!
------------------

Loser Lad awoke healed from his gunshot wound in the head! Seahorse saw the heald Loser and immediately took him to the LMB Outpost where he and Crusader would be joined by Mystery Lad to try and cure Loser.

Meanwhile, with Lardy, Stu and the Spectre back, the LMBP now turned to the still rapidly growing Spinach, and had to figure out a way to stop it again now that it was no longer a sentient being.

"Hm, I have an idea..." said Harbinger...

SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
"We all have to stand in a circle, hold hands, and sing!" continued Harbinger.

"Um, what?" said a puzzled Cobalt Kid.

"Wait," interuppted Dev, "That's not so crazy an idea. There has to be a reason why all these 20th century singers are here!"

"I'm not so sure about this, but ... alright"

With that the LMBP gathered together and held hands. Led by Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey, Madonna, Cher and Michael Stipe, as well as the LMBP computer still in the form of Dolly Parton, the LMBP broke into a rousing version of "We are the World."

Suddenly, the Entropy Spinach began to grow even larger.

"It's not working! The Spinach likes it!"

From behind them, came another sound. The Amazing Cans had stripped to their bras and panties and were singing their own song...

Ba-hoo Bor-ay
Ba-hoo Bor-ay
Goodbye Entropy Go Away

Ba-hoo Bor-ay
Ba-hoo Bor-ay
Goodbye Entropy Go Away

With that, the Entropy Spinach began to twist and swirl, and collapsed in on itself ...

"They did it!"

"Wow, Cans are handier than you'd think!"

"So, what else do we have to take care of?"

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

"uh, guys..." said TBWUP looking to one side, "I think we might have a problem."

The LMBP and the Amazing Cans turned as one to see Lucien writhing on the floor with his hands clasped to his ears. Eventually he stopped and rose to his feet, suddenly looking even more sparkly than normal but with a distinct sinister shadow falling across his face.

"Right," he snapped, "I could *just* about cope with the reformation of the LMBP Street Boys what with, you know, being mind controlled at the time and stuff. And the prescence of Pariah Scarey, Witless Howling and Michael Stipe was just about alleviated by the fact that Madge and her Cher-ificness and our faaaabulous cyber-Dolly were also here, but I'm sorry, 'We Are The World'!!!???!!! A cheap sentiment dripping rip-off of 'Do They Know It's Christmas' which was *already* a cheap sentiment dripping pile of bollocks since, you know, most of the people that they were trying to help probably neither knew nor cared it was Christmas what with not being Christian and all!!!!! And *all* of you singing it? To try and defeat a bad guy/bunch of spinach/stellar entity?!!???!! What is this some godsawful American Christams special of a poorly conceived sickly sweet American soap opera or something??!!!!?!!! DO YOU HAVE NO SHAME!!!!!??!!!"

Lucien paused for breath and Lardy was about to say something but before he could do Lucien went off on one again, his sparkliness now getting blindingly sparkly while *at the same time* the sinister shadow on his face got even more sinister.

"I mean, for pitys sake, I know most of our adventures make no sense whatsoever and involve things like pulling universes from the arse of corpses and bed controlling powers and all that sort of gubbins. And yeah we defeat them in really insane ways like pissing on them and time displaced shape shifting LMBPers and all that sort of shite but, hey, that's all good stuff. But this!!!???!!! We Are The Fucking World!!?????!!! We're the sodding LMBP, we don't do cloying sentiment!!!!!!!!! AAARRGGHH!!!!!!! Well that's it, the last bloody straw. I'm really sorry I'm going to have to do this... ach, who'm I kidding, I'm not sorry at all, but I'm still going to have to at least give you a bit of warning so you can try and defeat me in some hugely convoluted way but I SHALL DESTORY YOU ALL!!!!!! MWAAAHAAAHAAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!"

And then with one blinding flash of sparkles Dark Lucien Lad was gone.

The LMBP stood in silence for a couple of seconds, not knowing what to say. Once again Lardy was about to speak when there was another burst of sparkles and Dark Lucien Lad stood before them again.

"Hi guys, I'm back," he said, "just wanted to say that, you know, despite planning on destroying you all and stuff there's no hard feelings, m'kay? And don't try defeating me with more singing or something because you know that'll just make me even crosser than before and I'll just end turning you into anaemic gerbils or something and selling you to screaming three year olds. So don't piss me off, m'kay?. Or at least any more than I already am coz I'm already going to destroy you anyway, but you know that don't you coz I've already told you and stuff. Mwwaahhaaahaaa!!!!!!!!!!"

And then he was gone again. Everyone waited slightly longer this time just in case he was going to come back again but nothing happened. TBWUP was the first to speak.

"Blimey," he said, "He was a bit cross wasn't he? Plus I think he might be a bit insane. Did you notice all those exclamation marks? A clear sign of a disturbed mind!!!"

"Matthew's right," said Lardy, "But we don't have time to worry about that yet. We don't know what Dark Lucien Lad might do next but chances are he'll be off shopping for a new 'evil' outfit for at least a few hours and in the meantime there's something else we really need to deal with."

"You're right," said Dev, "I'd completely forgotten about...

[ October 16, 2003, 08:30 AM: Message edited by: Bevis ]

--------------------

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

*interlude*

I'm sorry Matthew, I just resist the whole exclamation marks things, but it's all Terry Pratchett's fault. [Wink]

*end interlude*

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Dark Lucien Lad now looked to the second step of being evil..., finding an evil outfit. Luckily for him, while the rest of the LMBP was preparing to get ready to confront Lucien Lad, Kylie Minogue (the real one) approached Lucien Lad in the store he was in and offered to help pick out the outfit!

Meanwhile, Madrox the Mulitple Durlan waited in the shadows. "Lucien evil? Now all we need is Shark Lad, Lard Lad and Eryk Davis Ester to all go evil too! Then the plan that the Retros, the Entropy Spinach and I started will all come to fruition..."

The rest of the LMBPers didn't quite know what to do. "So, where would we find Lucien?" asked Dev. "Good question Dev-Em, for I believe it is you we must send at him first" replied the LMBP Spectre. "You and..."

Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Hi guys,” said a calm contented Faraway Lad walking into the room and eating the end of an ice cream. “Just thought I’d pop in and see if anything interesting was happening“.

There was a slightly exasperated silence for a few seconds

“Lardy, what are you looking at me like that for?…Put the shot gun down please” said a worried Faraway

“No Lardlad” said the LMBP Spectre “do not shoot him, thought his path is dark and not easily foreseen yea it may be that the LMBP may need his powers at the end”

Scowling Lardlad returned the shotgun to its holster under his trench coat. mumbling under his breath, “fcuk in limy comes in here right at the end of the adventure cool as you like asking what’s up, I’ll shove what’s up right up his…”

“never mind all that now” hurriedly interrupted TBWUP’s “we need to know who to send on this dangerous mission with Dev Em”

“Erm” said Faraway Lad, who was a little embarrassed by the fuss he had caused and wanted to be seen as a good “team Player” to make up.
“I take we are talking about a mission in which the future of the universe is at stake? In which failure could lead to the death of millions and the destruction of planets? A mission in which two lone LMBP’ers will have to walk blindly and boldly into the evil despots dank, manky, soulless and style less headquarters with only a million to one chance of returning alive?”

“is there any other sort of mission” asked Cobalt Kid

“oh well if there’s a bit of a jaunt going on I’ll do it” said Faraway, finishing the last of his ice cream. As he wiped his hands absentmindedly on Furballs fur, he asked, “where are we off to now old chap”

“OK Far” said Dev Em smiling at his friend’s apparent carelessness,

Madrox the multi durlan cursed, “who is this fool” he snarled, I could snap his neck in an instant, why send him against such a power as Dark Lucien”

“Faraway” said the LMB Spectre I need you to…

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

...<whisper the solution to making Lucien good again, that I will reveal to anyone who wants to PM me>

"I think I've got it Spectre" replied Faraway. As Faraway and Dev prepared to begin the first assault on Dark Lucien, a team of Iron Rat, Cobalt Kid and Space Ranger prepared to take down the mult-Durlan, while Eyrk Davis Ester and Lard Lad lead the rest of the large team to find and finish the Retros. The LMBP Spectre decided that he would stay with Princess Crujectra and Super Lad Kid to act as a back up to Dev and Far.

Meanwhile, Lucien and Kylie Minogue shopped for outfits...

Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

and shopped and shopped.

"But see, I just think that, you know, everyone expects you to wear black if you;re evil and, yeah, sure, so many things look really good in black, leather, satin, silk, PVC and it's so easy to accessorise, but still I just think, I dunno, it's been done before. I think I should be going for something a little more grounbreaking. Like a really classy blood red or a nice vibrant blue. You know, somethimng that says, yeah, sure, I'm *really* evil and stuff but that doesn't mean I can't lead the fashion pak, you know?"

"But you'll still have lots of studs and stuff?"

"Well natch, that goes without saying. Plus I think it might be time for me to bring back the Brads. They've not done anything for ages and I need henchmen. Plus they'll look dead hot in leather shorts and tight white vest tops."

"Ooh, good plan."

*Meanwhile*

The mist swirled Round the dark pool. It wasn't clear if it was water or oil or even if it had a bottom. In the shadows a mysterious figure chanted and the mist began to swirl even more. Half formed shadows flitted across the surface of the pool and concentric ripples began to appear on it's surface. Suddenly the liquid burst up and fell back with a load roar. Once it had settled there standin waist deep in the water was a naked form.

"My god!" the figure croaked, "I remember it all. Every life. Every death (except the last one. That's all still a bit hazy), every time I was born. I have been warrior and cheif, slave and sailor. I have been man, woman and child. I 8am8 the Hawk avatar. And.... and..."

"Yes my sweet" said the other figure from the gloom, "and now it is time for you to return to your one tru, greatest incarnation. Time to claim what is yours."

Suddenly the chamber was filled with a sinister green glow.

"The ass!" said the young woman in the pool, "The Emerald Ass! It's calling to me and I know it's right. Oh yeah, get ready boys, the bitch is back."

In the green light a smile appeared on the lips of one of the LMbPs greatest allies and greatest foes.

Emerald Space Hawk Tart was back.

*Meanwhile*

--------------------

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.