Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » The Return of Dev Em - a tag team tale (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: The Return of Dev Em - a tag team tale
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
*Ok, I think I'm going to start wrapping this storyline up little by little. After all, this all happened at least a month ago in LMB continuity [Smile] *

The Evil LMBers were unleashed upon the universe! Lard Lord and Eyrk Prime began destroying all in their paths, as Space Hawk Tart and Shark Lad went the other way. Evil Lucien Lad and Kylie Minogue now began to put their own plans in motion with the Brads.

And watching on was the evil mastermind, with his two new hands of doom, the Thyme Trapper and Dancing Queen.

The LMBP Spectre had had enough. After all, she had become the main force for good now, since the majority of the LMBers were the Phillipines!!! She quickly summoned Iron Rat, Faraway Lad, Dev-Em, Cobalt Kid, Invisible Brainiac, and Space Ranger, the only remaining LMBers that weren't hurt, evil or a country. Cobalt Kid and Space Ranger were to take out Space Tart and Shark Lad (although the LMB Spectre felt that Cobalt should learn of Spacey himself, not through her). Dev-Em and Iron Rat were to take out Eryk Prime and Lard Lord, and Invisible Brainiac and Faraway Lad were to attempt to win back Lucien to the side of good. The LMBP Spectre herself now new that the Mastermind behind it all must be stopped on her own terms. The Albino Midgits explained a lot, though not many could make the connection. After all, the mastermind had summoned an army of albino midgits to do her bidding...

She dissapeared, knowing how to deal with that...

---------------

Eyrk Prime and Lard Lord continuing their rampage, as Dev-Em and Iron Rat approached. The Spectre had teleported them there. As the approached, Lard Lord noticed Dev, and the two titanic LMBers prepared to battle...

[ November 11, 2003, 11:12 AM: Message edited by: Cobalt Kid ]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
*interlude*

Oh, alright then, time to reveal who the bad guy is. Gonna be fun trying to explain how the albino midgets fit in. The cute fluffy kittens *was* a clue though.

*end interlude*

The LMBP Spectre had finally been able to discover who the master villain was, who had been pulling the strings all along. Using all her powers she twisted the fabric of the Universe and managed to extract TBWUP, Princess Crujectra and Icefire from the Phillipines (which led to mass flooding and all sorts of stuff like that, but the LMBP could deal with that later assuming, of course, that there was a world left to save anyway). Then she transported herself and the three LMBPers to the mysterious lair of the uber-villain.

The air was damp and shadows flitted across the walls and the high vaulted ceiling of the chamber in which they stood. Faint whispers met their ears and a shiver ran down each of their spines. An aura of deep foreboding filled them coupled with a sense of creeping dread.

Right in the centre of the chamber a raised platform stood before them. A vast staircase led up the front of it to the throne, opulent but in deep shadow. The figure enthroned there before them shifted and suddenly a shaft of light illuminated his face (yes, his. The whole gender thing will have to be resolved elsewhere. [Wink] ).

Princess Crujectra gasped

"How could you?" she cried, "I know half the LMBP have gone and been evil and stuff but I'm still shocked. I mean you of all people. *sob*"

Icefire and TBWUP looked at each other, a look of horror on both their faces. Then in unison they turned to the figure and uttered his name.

(Theis is a dramatic pause. Did you notice?)

"Beagle Boy!!!!!"

Up on his throne (no crude jokes please) Beagle Boy stared back down at the four LMBPers. Finally he spoke. His voice was low and husky, almost unrecognisable. He didn't sound like himself.

"No," he said, "Not Beagle Boy. This puny human is merely my way of speaking directly to you. You humans are too simple, too low on the evolutionary chain to understand me normally so I have taken over this human to be able to reveal my plan. You see, the big bad you're all desperatly seeking is not beagz, it is I
(Oh come on, surely you've guessed by now?)
Piddlin' Pup!!!!!!! Bwaaahaaahaahhhaaaaa. Woof."

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
*interlude*

Gasp!

*End Interlude*

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
*interlude*

I thought so too. It was the reappearance of Blok The Rock as a baddie in the previous tag team that inspired it. Plus I like the idea of the sixth member of the anti-LMBP being ... well, Piddlin Pup. [Big Grin] Of course chances are he's actually an evil future version or an alternate universe version rather than the real one. Of course that then begs the question, where is *our* Pddlin' Pup? Or has he really gone evil. Dum dum DUM

*End interlude*

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

*interlude*

Bevis, I love it! I never guessed it could be Piddlin' Pup! Haha, what a plot twist! I'm shocked and horrified!

*end interlude*

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

As the LMBP Spectre, Ultra Matt and Icefire were reeling from the knowledge of the identity of the LMB's newest villian, they found themselves staring at the horrifying scene in front of their eyes. "Oh Allen..." said Ultra Matt, sad to see his friend possessed by his lovely dog...

------------------
Dev-Em, only recently returned to the LMBP now, but feeling like he never left, joined Iron Rat as they prepared to take out Eyrk Prime and Lard Lord, two very powerful LMBers that they definately did not want to fight. The two were terrorizing the country side, and since this seemed to have no purpose at all, they were satisfied to think that this may be the result of some form of mind control.

Up ahead they saw them, and Dev moved super-fast, hitting Eyrk Prime in a full tackle and taking him away. Now, Lard Lord focused on Iron Rat and the two very powerful LMBers got ready to match magic vs. Lardforce.

Dev flew with Eyrk Prime, when Eyrk suddenly yelled "Dev! Stop it! It's me, Eyrk!" Dev looked at him quizzically. "EDE?" "What's an LMB Sinister Six without at least one traitor? Beagz was never able to get ahold of my evil side, I've been faking all along. I was trying to figure out a way to stop Lardy, so I brought him to the country-side. I'm not Eyrk Prime anymore!" Dev looked at him, and thought for a minute. When the LMBP had defeated Eyrk Prime, a videotape of it had shown EDE smiling after, something Dev had always feared, because it could mean that it was all a ruse. If EDE was unaffected by the mastermind, maybe it was because the Eyrk Prime personality had never left and had no need to re-emerge? Things were moving too fast to worry about that now though. EDE was genuinely not evil, and he could help Dev and Stu defeat Lardy.

As the two LMBers raced back, they saw Iron Rat unleashing Magic spells as Lardy fought back with bursts of Lard Force. "He' definatly being mind-controlled" said Eyrk, "while he's walked a fine line near his dark-side often enough, he's never actually crossed over"

*Editor's note- although if you read "5 years later", you'd know he will one day [Wink] !*

Dev thought hard and smiled. "Help Stu, I've got a plan..." Dev raced into a town, bought an old shotgun and flew back out. "Lard Lad!" As Lardy turned, Dev shot Lardy in the face! "That was your plan?!!" yelled EDE "Shoot Lardy in the face with a shotgun?!" "No, I think I get it" said Iron Rat, "Lardy has shown a darker side before, using the shotgun to kill Psychotic Beaver. Maybe this will jumble up those memories and the guilt he may have felt for it. Maybe this will boggle his mind up enough for him to regain his senses. Once he does, he'll be able to use his Lard Force to heal himself."

The three LMBers stood on, waiting to see if their friend could survive...

-----------------------------

Meanwhile, back at...

*Hey, could you guys leave the Spacey part for me? I have a few things to write about Cobalt and Space Tart! Thanks!*

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Meanwhile, Cobalt Kid and Space Ranger arrived at their own destination, and found a shocking sight: Shark Lad evil again, and Space Tart back from the dead on a rampage. Cobalt was in shock and speechless. He had just went through this earlier, believing that his dead wife was alive, only to learn it was the LMBP Spectre. Now, he saw Spacey again up close, and it hurt more than ever. If old wounds had been reopened, now they were just having salt poured on them. Before Cobalt could say anything, Shark Lad ferociously attacked!

Knocking him off-balance while he was distracted, Shark Lad pushed Cobalt to the side and turned to Space Ranger. The mighty LMBPer met him head on and the two powerhouses battled mightily. Punches thundered between the two, and one could tell this fight would not be a quick one. As the moved along fighting, the dust cleared away and Space Hawk Tart and Cobalt came face to face. She had a glimmer of menace in her eye, and while Cobalt recognized the beautiful body, he knew it wasn't her in there. Trying to reason with her to see if really was here, he begged her to stop...

"Spacey, please, it's me. It's been so long, I've missed you so much..."

She just laughed and knocked him to the side with inhuman strength! Wings sprouted out of her back suddenly, and she appeared to be growing. Colors and smells erupted around Cobalt, and for a second he thought he was having a familiar nightmare that he thought was long over. However, that was not the case, for Space Tart was using her phermones to cause him distress*

(*interested in what he's referring to? Check out the tale of Dr. Albert Hoffman!*)

Cobalt fell to the ground, as Space Tart hovered over him. He couldn't look at her, he couldn't hurt her. No matter what she was trying to do. She prepared to smash his face with a horrific blow.

Suddenly, Shark Lad smashed into her, nailing her back! "Hold on Cobie, it's not what you think! SP got me away far enough, so I'm no longer over her control! I wasn't evil again, just under the control of the mastermind and this thing!"

"this thing? What do you mean? Is it Spacey?"

"I'm afraid not CK," replied Space Ranger joining them to nail Space Tart. "But you would recognize it. It's the avatar. Formerly the Shark Avatar, now the Hawk Avatar. No matter how many times we defeat it, it'll be reborn. The mastermind must have helped push it along to rebirth..."

Cobalt knew it well. Only months ago on the assault on Thora, the Shark Avatar had attacked them. Sadly, this was another of Cobalt's children, all of whom were destined to be evil conquerers, monsters or robots. This was the child he had with Thora. Now, it had take the form of Space Tart to hurt him, since it blamed Cobalt for it's hideous form. The Avatar, a hidous monster constanly being reborn...just another reason to remind Cobalt that Spacey was still dead. He sat back for a minute sill in shock. Twice now he thought Spacey might be alive again only to have his hopes crushed. Would he ever truly be free of wishing she'd come back?*

*(Curious? Possibly coming soon: LMBP, the Search for Space Tart! More on that later, PM me if you want in though, I'll let you know!)*

Shark Lad and Space Ranger battled the Avatar, glad that it was still newly too reborn and wasn't as strong as it normally could grow to be. It fought on, still silent since it had not grown the energy to speak yet. Finally, Cobalt joined them, unleashing his magnetic force to hold the beast down. SP and Sharky pounded it until it gave in, although in the end, it suddenly teleported away. For some reason it hated Shark Lad (and Furball), along with Cobalt, so they knew it would be back...

They all stood silent, Shark Lad and Space Ranger letting Cobalt deal with his emotions towards Spacey on his own terms.

SP wondered how the other groups were fearing and where the LMBP Spectre was...

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Meanwhile, cut fluffy kittens began multiplyng throughout the world. They grew in size as well, and for each fluffy kitty, there was an albino midget with a large Rob Liefield gun in his hand, riding the kitty like a war-steed. Riding now with a vengeance the kittens and midgits wreaked havoc on the universe...
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
"There's only one thing I can do," declared SharkLad, "I must eat all of the albinos and kittens!"

"Sharkie," questioned Cobie, "Are you sure you can handle that?"

"I must ... for the good of the universe," said SharkLad solemnly.

"Vaya con dios, tiburon!" saluted the LMBPers.

"Um, why are you guys speaking Spanish?" asked a puzzled SharkLad as he prepared to leave.

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the Yellow Kid
Lost Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Yellow Kid   Email the Yellow Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
*flush*
Whew - don't go in there for a while. Know what I mean?

Man, you guys make a lot of noise. Can't a Legionnaire even read the morning's Newsfaxpaper in peace?

Something happen while I was in the bathroom?

From: Pre-Crisis | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Yay, Yellow Kid is back! Alright Arthur, good to see you, we've been waiting for you to post! Hop right into one of these tag threads, or go on over to the Mission Monitor Board Section for the usual LMBP craziness!

We missed you! Hope everything is going well! We had a thread dedicated just for you on the Mission Monitor Board, it's probably in one of the back pages...

the Yellow Kid
Lost Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Yellow Kid   Email the Yellow Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Yay! My very own thread? Gosh, you really really DO like me! *sniff*

So like, is my power to smell evil going to be any good on this particular mission or do we have to use a plot device to prove that the LMBP is all about teamwork and NOT individual powers?

"I smell EVIL!"

From: Pre-Crisis | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

All about team work? I always thought the LMBP was really latin for "Cobalt Kid and his supporting cast". Smelling evil is always useful! Welcome back Arthur!
the Yellow Kid
Lost Legionnaire

Thanks Cobie!
This time I've left the Primary Color Gang at home in Britonopolis guarding the credit cards and the fashionable clothing shops.

OMG! What have I done?!!?

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

"Why are you speaking Spanish?" asked Shark Lad as he prepared to leave to eat all of the kittens and midgets. By then though, their language had changed to ancient Phoenician, and was rapidly moving to Eastern Indonesian! The LMBers knew that they had to hurry up!

First, they had to stop the kittens and midgits, then return Dark Lucien Lad back to the side of good, turn the LMBP back into the LMBP rather than the Phillipines, and then attack the nemesis (Piddlin' Pup, though they didn't know that yet!)

Meanwhile, the Spectre, Icefyre and Ultra Matt looked on in horror and Beagle Boy and Piddlin' Pup...

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.