Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » The Return of Dev Em - a tag team tale (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: The Return of Dev Em - a tag team tale
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Ok, here's a shot:

Dev-Em returns, to find the LMBP HQ empty. He then gets into a fight with Madrox the Multiple Durlan.

Space Tart also supposedly returns to (from the dead), to have been revealed to have been alive all along while living with the Amazing Cans. This is of course Cobalt Kid's wife who died, so it's pretty important to him when Spacey is involved!!!!

The fight the Multiple Durlan, beat him off, and then learn from Computer (a computer similar to Dolly Parton created by Lucien and Lash with a hint of their personalities) that the LMBP have been kidnapped and the LMBP boy band are reuniting for a concert!

When they go to rescue them, the villians behind the plot are revealed to be the Retros, old LMBP villians! One of the Retros shoots Loser Lad in the head, as Lash and Lucien break free!

While Lash, Lucien, Dev-Em and Space Tart fight the Retros (and a mind-controlled LMBP), Loser's apparent death triggers a major cosmic annonamly, and the Entropy Spinach is freed! Somehow having some form of sentience, it attacks. The Retros high-tail it out of there.

Suddenly, Space Tart is revealed to not be Space Tart at all, but the LMBP Spectre!!! This is of course, an old LMBP, who died and was reincarnated as a lesbian in the body of Donna Troy with the power of the Spectre. She reveals that the Time Mouse Trapper set her up like this, and they'll get him another time.

The LMBP Spectre then reveals that the Entropy Spinach is only working because of it's connection to Loser Lad. She gets Iron Rat and Lardlad to accompany her into Loser Lad's psyche, to destroy the connection which they do. After the connection is destroyed, the Entropy Spinach is defeated. However, part of the way they defeat the Entropy Spinach is with Amazing Cans singing a dreadfully horrible song! This apparently drives Lucien Lad crazy, and he goes evil (again).

Lucien Lad goes evil, gets Kylie Minogue to help him (and go shopping) and has his Brads (cute male henchmen) help him. It appears the best strategy to defeating him is to have Dev-Em and Faraway Lad attempt a recon mission to bring him in.

Meanwhile, the Spectre stays with Princess Crujectra, as Cobalt Kid, Space Ranger and Iron Rat attempt to bring in the Multiple Durlan (whom they never catch. he next appears in the Ongoing LMBP thread). They have figured out that there is a mastermind behind this all, bringing in the Durlan, the Retros and the Entropy Spinach, while trying to make LMBPers evil again. Oh, and Seahorse took Loser to the hospital, so their out for now.

Apparently, Space Tart has been resurrected as a Hawk Avatar, and is working for the mastermind. This may bode ill for Cobalt Kid.

While trying to fight the Retros, the LMBP are surprised by the Mastermind attacking them, seemingly killing the Retros (but who knows about that) and then kidnapping EDE, Lardy and Shark Lad, three LMBPers who have been evil before. The LMBP are now looking for Mystery Lad to help them solve this mystery.

The Mastermind now has Lardy, EDE, Sharky, and Space Hawk Avatar Tart under this control. To stop Faraway and Dev from stopping Lucien, he teleports them away. They escape his trap by going faraway. But two androids are in their place, as Cobalt Kid, Space Ranger, Iron Rat and the LMBP Spectre join them to fight Lucien Lad.

There is of course so much more to this story, so read the back pages, will ya?

So who is this mastermind? What will happen to our evil LMBers? Stay tuned...

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, it's story time again Kiddies!

YAY!!

We now join our heroes Cobalt Kid, Space Ranger, The Mysterious Sorcerer Iorn Rat and the Scary but Sexy LMBP Spectre, as they meet up with Faraway Lad and Dev-Em. Our heros think that Faraway lad and Dev-Em are their friends, but they're not.

(Did all of you kiddies catch the difference between Their and They're in the last sentence? Good, because I'm sure to screw it up later.)

Anyway our heroes have met the people they thought were their friends, far out in space, mostly because that's were they were, after all the LMBP is the most Spacerific group of heroes ever.

(Des, what do you mean I'm supposed to be telling the story, not advertizing for the Animated Teen Titans? Young man you are impertinant, and you now have a weeks detention!)

So back to our story, and NO more interruptions!

Cobalt Kid was the first to sight Dev-Em and Faraway Lad, who were hiding behind an asteroid. "There they are," he shouted in an excited voice. "Why, yes it is them," agreed the Mysterious Sorcerer Iron Rat, who suddenly began to wonder if they had suddenly wandered into a third grade reading textbook, "Look they are there," he continued, suddenly hating himself.

Space Ranger decided that he needed a closer look, so he activated his telescopic (It means that he can see things that are very far away just like they were very close to him, Des, now would you please stop interupting?) vision. "I'm going to activate my telescopic vision for a closer look," he said to the Scary but Sexy LMBP Spectre.

The Scary but Sexy LMBP Spectre looked back at Space Ranger and said, "Okay, but you are still not getting into my pants, I'm not impressed." and she moved over closer to the Mysterious Sorcerer Iron Rat.

(Belinda stop pulling Keith's hair, and No I am most certainly not going to explain that last sentence, Young Lady. Do you want to join Des in detention? Not now, Des. Sit back down and let go of Belinda's hand. Honestly!!)

Cobalt Kid, the honest and forthright protector of liberty, in the Crujectra Administration, was the first to reach the evil androids that our heros mistakenly believed to be their friends. He extended his hand in friendship to the being which he mistakenly believed to be Fawaway Lad...

[ October 24, 2003, 02:55 PM: Message edited by: Almost But Not Quite New Kid ]

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

...and was blasted Faraway to somewhere unknown!! Space Ranger and Iron Rat followed suit, as the three suddenly dissapeared! The LMBP Spectre then unleashed a hell fury and destroyed the two robots!

"Enough!", she screamed, "This has gone on long enough! There is a hidden agenda amongst all of these things, and I aim to find out who it is. Dark Lucien Lad will have to wait, I must return to my sanctuary to learn of the true evil behind the resurgence of evil LMBers..."

------------------

Meanwhile, the rest of the LMBP (minus the evil ones) returned to Legion World in an uproar, as they searched frantically for Mystery Lad, the resident scienctist and reserve member. "Todd, we need your help" said Lash. "There is a mystery afoot!"

Mystery Lad turned to the LMBP with a smile, showing himself to not be Mystery Lad at all, but none other than...

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
...Turns-You-Into-a-Country Fred!

"Sorry, folks, but I'm kind of a mercenary, y'know? Anyhoo, the big bad of this piece anticipated your coming for Mystery Lad's assistance and hired me to take care of him...and you all. So I turned Mystery Lad into Lichtenstein and---PRESTO---you all are now...the Philippines! Bwa-ha-ha-HAAAA!"

And, indeed, all the LMBers who came there were now the Philippines.

Meanwhile, Cobalt, Space Ranger and Iron Rat found themselves.......

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank

Trapped in Sonnie Whateverthehellhisnameistoday's secret Swiss Chalet.

KOKO and Jinx immediately and very excitedly greet them.

"KOKO KOKO KOKO KOKO KOKO KOKO KOKO!!!!"

*purr* *purr* *purr* *purr* *purr* *purr*

But then...

*Qualuude*

Well, none of you guy's were gonna rescue them! And I don't realy care if it's the wrong story line! Geesh haven't you ever heard of Cross-Overs? D'oh!

*Qualuude wears off*

[ October 26, 2003, 07:33 AM: Message edited by: Abinquank? ]

--------------------

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Space Ranger quickly freed Koko and Jinx, as Cobalt Kid and Iron Rat decided what to do next. "First off, since Koko can be so annoying sometimes, we'll get rid of her" said Iron Rat, as he teleported him/her away to Legion World into ABNQAK's bedroom. "Now, what to do next" "Next, the four of us have to figure out some kind of plan! Whoever this mystery villian is, he's starting to piss me off!" yelled Space Ranger.

Dev-Em and Faraway Lad suddenly appeared next to the LMBP Spectre. "Greeting LMBPers" she said. "It's time we started figuring out how to put an end to this..."

Meanwhile, the mystery villian smiled. Dark Lucien Lad was in his castle plotting, Turns you Into a Country Fred (or Countri-nator as he is sometimes called) had turned the LMBP into the Phillipines, and Shark Lad, Lard Lad, Eryk Prime and Space Hawk Tart (possibly) were below, ready to do whatever evil was intended. "All goes well, it is time to unleash the fury that I have plotted. Now for the next step of my plan..."

Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
Kittens. Lots and lots of cute fluffy kittens. The LMBP will never expect that, and once they are confused and disorganised... uh, ok, more confused and disorganised than normal, by the invasion of millions of cute fluffy kittens with tail,mounted heat seeking laser beam cannons then i can move on to the next phase of the plan. Now, it is time for me to go and let the Evil LMBP know what's actually going on. Apart from Dark Lucien Lad. He's in his castle with Kylie and the Brads watching Lilo and Stich again. Hmm, I'll have to phone him and invite him and his cohorts (and the lovely Miss Minogue) over to join the party."

Meanwhile, in the Phillipines...

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
... the ghost of Imelda Marcos was haunting the newly opened Manilla Payless Shoestore ... "Shoes, I must have all the shoes!" screeched the hideous visage ...

"Wait! That makes no sense!" came a voice out of nowhere.

"When has that ever mattered?" came another voice.

"Starting now," declared Dev-Em, "It's time I told everyone my secret!"

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

..."I secretly have been missing from the LMBP for the last few months, because I've become addicted to watching "Friends"! "Gasp!" said the LMBPers, for they knew how terrible this was! Faraway Lad gave Dev-Em a big hug, and secretly made this addiction go faraway. "That's is Dev? There isn't more to it?" "No, that's it" replied Dev, (although readers, that is up for you to decide! Well Dev, IS there more to it?).

Meanwhile, Kylie Minogue looked at Dark Lucien Lad in frustration. You see, she had fallen completely head over heels in love with him, and couldn't get him out of her head. She reached for a pint of bi-beer, and smiled at Lucien...

Abin Quank

But unfortunately for her amorous plans, KOKO suddenly appeared. Yes, Iron Rat had mistakenly teleported KOKO right on top of Lucien Lad's head (the upper one, the one on his shoulders, no beastiality in this thread, at least not yet.).

Immediately KOKO began to shout at the top of his lungs, "KOKO, KOKO, KOKO, KOKO, KOKO. KOKO, KOKO"

Which of course drove both Lucien Lad and Kylie Minologe, or whatever, to jam everything they could find into their ears in an attempt to stop the god-awful ear splitting racket.

While elsewhere...

--------------------

With a Power Ring...

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Elsewhere, the mysterious Mastermind decided to mix things up again, and make this story even mnore confusing! He grinned evilly, as only truly evil masterminds can, and summoned his two lieutenants.

"You called for me?" said the green-cloaked figure who was the Time Mouse Trapper's little brother, the Thyme Trapper! He had all sorts of really ultra-cool time powers, but they only worked on vegetables and other plants. That's why he was really really really annoyed that his daddy the Time Tripper liked his big bro more than him, and so he decided to join the evil mastermind so he could prove that he was a better villain than his big bro! (Phew, what a mouthful!)

"I'm, like, here too!" said the woman dressed in Tyroc's old disco outfit and with the Comet Queen-like personality as she moonwalked in! "Dancing Queen is ready to roll! Do I get to disco?" She had the power to create evil clones of any famous person, though of course she specialized in singers. At this moment she had a clone of Justin Timberlake chained to her bedroom wall, even. It was she who was responsible for Elvis, Michael Stipe, Catherine the Great, Imelda Marcos' ghost (which was not really a ghost but the Imelda clone all covered in skin-whitener)and all those divas' showing up!

"We must stop that annoying little monkey and his extreme annoyingness so that Kylie can make the evilness of Lucien Lad permanent with her truly evil kissing and singing! Also, since most of the LMBP are now together, it would be the perfect time to strike and get rid of them all so that my plan can go without opposition. I'll leave the job to both of you, since I must stay hidden until someone can think up of a perfectly menacing identity for me that will make all those other villains look like a bunch of second-stringer bandits! I wish they'd hurry, though, since my butt is falling asleep from all this sitting down... Anyway, don't fail me!" said the very long-winded evil Mastermind who would make a great politician or lawyer, based on the length of whatever-the-hell he just said.

"Groovy! I'll take the monkey!" said Dancing Queen as she did a perfect split. "He'd, like, make a really really cute pet! Now Proty will have someone to play with while Lori Morning and I find ways to increase our already very high level of annoyance!"

"Then that leaves me with the LMBPers. I have just the perfect thing!" said the Thyme Trapper as he summoned the... Legume of Super-Vegetables!

"Perfect! Nothing can stop me now!" said the evil Mastermind, just as he broke a very evil-sounding laugh, such as only really really bad guys can do. "Finally, I will have won!!!!"

[ October 30, 2003, 07:32 PM: Message edited by: Invisible Brainiac ]

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

*interlude*

Great post Invisible Brainiac! Just to keep contiuity strait, most of the LMBP are the Phillipines right now, with only a handful still active, and the five evil LMBers with the mastermind (except for Lucien). Figured I'd keep this strait before anyone added the next post...

*end interlude*

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Suddenly, unexpectedly, a gang of albino midgets with gigantic guns appeared!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

[Smile] One of my favorite story twists!

This gang began firing on everyone everywhere! The mastermind couldn't understand what was happening, and neither could anyone really! The gang seemed to be growing until it looked like the entire universe was being attacked by them! The LMBP Spectre gathered Iron Rat, Space Ranger, Cobalt Kid and Jinx to her, Faraway Lad and Dev-Em. "We need to rely on each other if we'll survive this assault!" "It gets worse" said Dev. "The moon is exploding too again"

The gang of albino midgits began invading the Phillipines, which was once the LMBP...

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
*interlude*
Thanks, Cobalt! I just gotta say I'm having more fun here than I've ever had before. You guys are totally wacky, and I mean it in a good way [Big Grin]
*end interlude*

...and the albino midgets began eating up the Super-Vegetables that the Thyme Trapper had summoned! Which was really lucky, since they were just about to destroy a whole bunch of buildings which just happened to be sensitive parts of the male members' anatomy. Unfortunately, evil super vegetables don't taste very good, and the midgets began barfing all over the place!

Just then, the ghost-which-was-not-really-a-ghost-of-Imelda Marcos showed up with the Abu Sayyaf, and tried to make the volcano Mount Pinatubo blow up so they could take over the Philippines by firing at it repeatedly. Unfortunately, since the volcano was really a horrible wart, it blew wart-juice all-over the place, and when combined witn the midget barf, it caused...

[ October 31, 2003, 08:31 PM: Message edited by: Invisible Brainiac ]

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.