Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Stories from Legion 'Stroid- Legion 35C (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Stories from Legion 'Stroid- Legion 35C
Ghost of Numf El
Waste ....... Of Space!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ghost of Numf El           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
Don't kill Sparkzzz! She takes a great shower!

I agree with FC - definitely the horniest bit of writing you've done.

K'N x

--------------------
Hic!

From: Scatland | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
Pervs the lot of yu [Big Grin]

Cramer, thanks for sharing your views. I don't know what to say that you took my tale on holiday with you - thank you!

The quote from Mega at the start is taken directly from Legion 35C, I thought it would be nice to reintroduce the character.

The line "they enjoy this time...." was meant to put a twist into the tale, glad you liked it. There is a Celtic tradition of storytelling that leads the listener/ reader to follow a certain track before revealing a switch at the end - much as how most humour works really - and I do try to put elements of that into my tales, if only because I always enjoy reading peices like that personally. Also, it's funny you mention the "heightened ability ti shrink" as I debated whether or not to use "enhanced" there instead but thought the play on words was nice.

Cheshire is fast growing on me - from throw away character to full Legionnaire in the space of a story is good going! We will definitely be seeing more of him (or not if he doesn't want of course [Big Grin] ) in the posts to come.

As for keeping track of the character - [Eek!] it's all in my head [Eek!] thankfully I have a plot summary for the 'big' story written out so I don't go off too far in mad character tangents. That said, the whole Eljasa Mallor story in Endings and Beginnings was written off the cuff.

As for characters, some of the characters are based very closely to real life people - Mega is based on a good friend of ours, Shailja Patel. Kid Mental, Nar Nase and Byt Fees on other friends. A lot of the characters names come from my butchering of friends and students names in my head to take elements of 'reality' and mixing it with scifi elements. Dak Sacchev, Kord Das, Glorion Grundy, Abbi Ardeen and Keed Lourssen were created like this.

Right, I'm going to spend the next four weeks or so writing in Fun and Games in Space so this mystery will have to wait!

Any guesses while you wait?

Thank you all once more for your continued support.

Bxx

[ July 09, 2004, 05:59 AM: Message edited by: Harbinger ]

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
more coming soon, so BUMP!

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

The recolonisation of Trom began in 3009.

The crystal spores stolen from the entity known as Jarth gave Starfinger V the material he needed to re-grow the former Legionnaire and second galaxy destroyer Jan Arrah. The clone Starfinger V grew was called Jan CRE 71 and from the moment his presence was leaked to the UP there were riots on several planets.

One must place his return in historic context to understand. Within the previous three standard years the galaxy had seen the Controller/ Oan Suicide Gambit, the Return of the True Last Son of Krypton, The Coluan Great Mind/ Brainiac Program Reunification, the return of the Legion of Villains and the Darkseid Revelation. These events had greatly changed the role of the Legion within the UP political structure.

In light of Nemesis Kid’s betrayal in 3008 and the deaths of 12 Legionnaires along with the entire human stock population of Neptune and Pluto, Luorno Durgos second leadership term was famous for starting with her increasing the Legion’s active First Team’s membership by 23, the Meta Academy opening it’s doors to nearly 400 new cadets and actively encouraging planetary meta teams springing up on a variety of worlds.

In the midst of all this the return to the UP of a Being that had the abilities of a demi-god were never going to have a smooth transition into popular culture.

Jan CRE 71 always claimed that the memory reload program that Starfinger V used had failed and his own personal perceptions had a gap of nearly six years. He petitioned the UP for sole rights to the then decimated hell world of Trom.

After many months the Being known as Jan CRE 71 was given the right to return to the planet his original self had originated from.

[ August 15, 2004, 02:02 PM: Message edited by: Harbinger ]

--------------------

Harbinger
Advisor

The Trom Buddhist Movement is a small but powerful voice in the NuUP.

Originally this organisation was started when the devout, the desperate, the dangerous, the weary, the inspired, the visionary and the hopeless tried to gain access to Jan CRE 71 on the then barren radioactive world of Trom.

Despite a Science Police permanent orbiting presence, warnings of the incredible dangers within the Troma star system being posted for light years around, frequent visits from Legionnaires and perhaps most worrying, the presence of a being grown from the reanimated crystalline remains of a galaxy destroying demi-god, there were Beings flooding to hear the wise words that Jan CRE 71 might have to say.

The few who made it to the one inhabitable area on Trom were greeted by a silent crystal monument strewn place full of rough campsites and fellow weary travelers. Jan CRE 71’s first recorded words to the masses were “You must reconsider the paths you choose to follow.”

These wise words are now seen as the foundation of the Trom Buddhist Movement as they encourage quiet contemplation of one’s place amongst the teeming diverse multitudes of the Galaxy.

In the mid 34th century the Trom Buddhists again became widely known as they created and introduced the technology of the Valenian Drive to the galaxy. The use of this virtually time freezing technology liberated many of the Outer Rim Worlds from the long haul transit time and the difficulties inherent in the systems already being used. Within a decade all worlds known to have Human Stock had access to this technology. It was the start of a New Great Era for the Milky Way based United Planets, Affiliated Worlds, Dominion and other socio-political organisations.

The attacks by the Grand Invaders and subsequent revelations that this technology used a principal that destroyed the Life Force from a small intra dimensional Realm of Reality put a fast end to the support from the general populace of the NuUP the Monks of the Order of Trom had previous encountered.

All of this was old news to the NuUP as it slowly fought back against the unknown, and unknowable strange Light forms from the Valenian Realms. The Great Brainiac Program of Colu had reconfigured the Drives so they no longer created the damages they had previously. The pacifism that had briefly been taught by the Trom Buddhists to all worlds within the NuUP as payment for the use of the Valenian Drive technology was regarded as a sick joke by many. Their order was very quickly sidelined within the perceptions of the many Beings within the NuUP as a slightly odd, semi mystical cult that should be looked down upon with distrust.

Despite the unfortunate side affects of the initial Valenian Drive ships the NuUP still held the advice the organisation had to offer in high esteem.

As Sparkzzz looks at the Dalai Lama of the Trom Buddhists her history lessons come flooding back to her reminding her of all these facts.

She wonders why he has just stood and stared at her since she awoke two minutes ago, why he has tied her to a genuine wooden chair, and most importantly why he has two of the emerald Eyes of Erkon floating above his head obviously under his full control.

In the back of her mind there is also a small voice that asks why she isn't already dead.

[ August 15, 2004, 07:57 AM: Message edited by: Harbinger ]

--------------------

Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, it's the old draw the reader in and increase the suspense gambit, now, isn't it? Jan CRE 71????

The Trom Dali Lama has two emerald eyes (plus his own) ?? Well it's obvious then why she's still alive...

He's too busy looking down her blouse to kill her... [LOL]

P.S. The heaping pile of shameless praise is stacked next to the previous offerings... There's so much over there it's getting kind of hard to tell when more is added...

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Commander Hor Elli arrives in the Rear Hall training facility exactly 11.6 seconds after Sparkzzz has sent her telepathway’d SOS.

Within three second he is joined by Widdid Spood the Durlan Green Lantern and the Kenroshi Ambassador Avatar. It takes a further 25 seconds before Commander Moh Johh and three of the Starhaven Freetraders arrive. Last to join them, approximately one minute after the Freetraders Enri Longtan of the Imskian Leviathons runs through the hangar like doors.

There are no scorch signs on the floor, ceiling or walls or ozone in the air from a discharge of Sparkzzz’s considerable power. The only things they find are parts of body armour that has been casually discarded around the floor and a full head of steam from the shower.

Between the AI bubblejack security sensors, the two Daxamite commanders hyper senses, the Freetraders cosmic tracking abilities, Enri Longtan’s examination of microscopic minutiae, the light from Widdid Spoods emerald ring and the Kenroshi Starsailor’s space born awarenesses they come to three conclusions.

One is that Sparkzzz is no longer there.

The second is that they have absolutely no idea where she currently is and thirdly they do not have a clue how she could have gotten there.

--------------------

Harbinger
Advisor

Uji Koll, the Naltori Chief Ambassador to the Sol System quietly strokes Cheshire’s raised back.

In-between loudly purring, kneading the Ambassadors robe with his front paws and stretching in the luxurious manner that felines save for particularly enjoyable petting Cheshire is directing the Ambassadors hands to the particular spots he wants to be stroked.

The light sculptures flicker momentarily, but it is enough to let the Ambassador know that there are only a couple of minutes to go. He has Seen the next event with high clarity so he is assured that it must happen.

“My perfect friend, it is nearly time for you to hitch a ride into the adventure I told you of”

“*Purrrrrr* just one more minute Uji, that’s so nice, oh just there Uji, oh yesss Purrrrr* “

“I’ve told you that they will pass through here very shortly and you can be of great aid to your comrade. I have Seen it my gorgeous feline friend.”

The Elevated Cat raises his head, sleepy eyes appearing sated with pleasure – a look mirrored in the Ambassador’s – and replies “ Oh Uji, just one more minute…”

“I’m sorry but the time is fast approaching, we have at most twenty seconds now”

For four or five seconds Cheshire stretches his shoulders into the Ambassadors hands then shaking his head and a very quick stretch later he jumps from Uji Koll’s lap and pads on silent feet over to the spot the Naltori Ambassador had pointed to earlier.

“Thank you Uji, try not to wear out too many of the Venturi pleasure girls, I hear Hor Elli would be disappointed.”

And with that the Elevated Cat slips into invisibility, his senses expanding to include the Nearby Realms and he sees what the Ambassador had foretold floating gently towards him.

Sparkzzz appears to be tied to a chair, a small elderly man wearing a habit of blue and green and two of the Emerald Eyes of Ekron. All slowly moving in the intra-dimensions between the Minor Realms.

“Well, well, well, whatever have we here then?”

Cheshire has always been wary of becoming too attuned to these intra dimensional spaces but he realises that he may be the Winathian Lasses only hope so scanning through the nearby Realms to check that there are no other witnesses he then surreptitiously sneaks under Sparkzzz’s chair and slowly begins tugging on the ropes that bind her. All the while the pressure is building within him to allow the pull of the Einsteinian Realities to nudge him out of synch and back to the Realm he's just come from.

"Oh squajj," he thinks to himself, "I wish I'd stayed on Uji's lap now!"

[ August 15, 2004, 02:31 PM: Message edited by: Harbinger ]

--------------------

Harbinger
Advisor

quote:
Originally posted by Abin Quank:
Oh, it's the old draw the reader in and increase the suspense gambit, now, isn't it? Jan CRE 71????

The Trom Dali Lama has two emerald eyes (plus his own) ?? Well it's obvious then why she's still alive...

He's too busy looking down her blouse to kill her... [LOL]

P.S. The heaping pile of shameless praise is stacked next to the previous offerings... There's so much over there it's getting kind of hard to tell when more is added...

Thanks AQ, we'll learn about the Trom Dalai Lama's plans soon, I don't think that looking down blouses was his primary goal though [Roll Eyes] [Big Grin] Maybe thats just one of the perks of his job [LOL]

Hopefully Scat will apreciate the reintroduction of Cheshire.

More soon

Bxx

[ August 15, 2004, 02:28 PM: Message edited by: Harbinger ]

--------------------

Sonnie
mere mortal

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonnie   Email Sonnie         Edit/Delete Post     
V good B...

more more more etc

From: home sweet home... unless i'm posting from work | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Glad you've picked up this storyline again. I prefer it to Fun & Games, probably because I'm so Lobophobic.

Funny this a.m. I was thinking about a Cult of the Last Trommite (raised by snowsparkle) and here you have the Trom Bhuddists!

Trust the Cheshire to have a paw in every pie...

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

I hadn't read Snowsparkles comnments FC - great minds obviously do think alike [Big Grin]

Pity you don't like Lobo as I rather enjoy thinking of new ways to wind him up, oh well, can't win them all. Though maybe thats why this thread gets replies while F&G doesn't... hmmm

more coming soon

Bxx

--------------------

Harbinger
Advisor

Sparkzzz has always been grateful of her heritage.

She is the latest in long line of Winathian lightning casters. Her ancestry means that she is able to internally generate, control and project vast quantities of electricity at will. The Lightning ran true to female children on her Mothers line. Her father had always been slightly disappointed that none of his girls were telepathic. The boys, Nyls and Deez came along when Sparkzzz was four, and the rivalry between them and Sparkzzz and her twin sister Banheez was a constant embarrassment for their parents.

Telepathy only ran 2% true to the entire clan so the boys birth and registration with the Telepathic Gestalt was grounds for a large gathering of the Kin and, of course, a week long party.

Sparkzzz and Banheez decided there and then they didn’t like their younger siblings.

The problem the girls soon found with teasing, picking on and generally being mean to telepaths is one must be especially sneaky to get away with whatever it is one is trying to do. Not that the boys had it too easy as result of their psionic abilities and the automatic status it brought them. More than half of the Electric members of the Ranzz clan had a rudimentary awareness of psionics and natural defenses against intrusive probes or projections.

Sparkzzz and Banheez found a way of used the boys planet wide fame and status to their own advantage. They managed to persuade their father surprisingly easily to enroll them in an exclusive school for ‘gifted’ children’ (Metas) on Xanthu. The girls managed to charm their dorm mates, teachers and in fact the planetary media enough that they were rarely free of ‘important obligations’ to return to Winath for any length of time. The girls were Captains of the Drama society, the Wrestling Club and Mascots to the burly Ogre section. They kept themselves busy with notable charity work. They always had better than average grades. The girls made damn sure thefamily would not forget about them.

The family would visit the girls just as often as they would return home.

It was one of those twists of fate that the telepaths of Winath were planetary heroes just by their very being, while being held in antipathy by the rest of the Human Stock telepathic community.

[ August 19, 2004, 02:45 PM: Message edited by: Harbinger ]

--------------------

Harbinger
Advisor

It was noted in the early 31st century that the Ranzz telepaths were more stable than the norm within the greater telepathic community.

It was researched and later discussed at great length that there was a 98% chance of life long stability in the Winath Telepathic Gestalt compared to 76% amongst the Telepathic Collective of the Titan Net.

It was proposed and later shown to be true that because the Winath born telepaths developed their awareness and psionic abilities simultaneously they developed a deep level, unbreakable life long link. This often meant that they subconsciously shared their emotional responses to situations, balancing and supporting each other.

It was whispered and very much true that this could also lead to a much reduced chance that the odd freak with a tremendous psionic capacity was born. The twinned minds would rarely sport an Ubermind, so feared after the Universo affair in 3103.

After the Titanist Expansion Movements failed attempt at a coup of the Sol Planetary Governing Body it was legislated and enforced that the Titan Net introduce a similar system whereby telepaths with any political or military positions were bonded to a ‘twin’. Within a century all telepaths were Bonded, their mental abilities being buffered through another telepaths subconscious, thereby filtering out the extreme peaks of both passion and power. The Bonding process has never been popular within the telepathic community, but the fear of retribution from the non telepathic out weighed most attempts to get around it. For the whole, to be honest, it meant little or no difference to their day to day lives.

Only on Winath, where the idea for the Bonding process originated did the telepathic community not automatically insist on this self regulatory system.

As a result Winath telepathic twins were often looked upon with a slight distrust from off planet Beings.

The girls knew that this information was realistically their only way to have any chance of an advantage whenever the boys came to visit.

When they were very young they all realised that they had inherited a mild immunity to each other’s abilities. For instance neither Nyls or Deez could be seriously hurt by a quick 5,000 volt zap. Sure they would be a little singed around the edges, dazed and suffer from smoking bad hair days, but at least they were never permanently damaged or worse by their older sisters powers. Sparkzzz and Banheez learned that while they couldn’t totally stop their younger brothers from trying to plunder their minds they were always aware if they were in there and could put up fairly sturdy defenses. Sparkzzz and Banheez soon learned another, less strenuous method of distracting the boys: the girls developed a legendary ability to talk non stop about absolutely anything!

The boys found this jibber jabbering on the surface of their sisters minds to be irritating and incredibly difficult to bypass.

It would not be dishonest to say that the two pairs of twins did not like each other.

--------------------

Harbinger
Advisor

There was one more thing about her branch of the family tree that was of note.

Both sets of twins shared certain abilities. The Mindbenders sound found that whilst they could no sooner throw a thunderbolt as fly unaided, they did have a capacity to be aware of electricity when it was nearby. Likewise the Lightnings were quickly aware that while they were more likely to win a silence competition on a Maluikk Catholic Retreat as read a strangers thoughts unaided they could sense a close by living mind. They learned to recognise the different textures that minds had and by the age of fifteen they could tell if there was any other living Being within a ten foot radius.

Right now Sparkzzz can sense the invisible cat under her chair.

She doesn’t know how it got there but with a Trom Buddhist Master and two Emerald Eyes of Ekron looking in their general direction she doubts it will be long before he is discovered.

She decides she’d better provide a distraction if the cat is ever going to get out of here and bring the Legionnaires to her rescue.

[ August 19, 2004, 04:40 PM: Message edited by: Harbinger ]

--------------------

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.