Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Stories from Legion 'Stroid- Legion 35C (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Stories from Legion 'Stroid- Legion 35C
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
Sparkzzz leans forward.

She arches her back and rolls her shoulders back, stretching her neck and chin up and opening her eyes fully she looks along her nose at the Dalai Lama of the Trom Buddhist movement in mock indignation.

“What is the meaning of this Ambassador? You are aware that I can snap this chair in a flat second without even needing to use my electricity?”

She wiggles her behind, rocking the chair on it’s spindly wooden legs.

She watches as his eyes flick down to her breasts as the freely move in counter rhythm to the chair. With a predatory smile she says in a bored tone “Ambassador, excuse me but my face is up here.”

She sees the slight tightening around his mouth as his dark eyes flash up to meet hers.

“Little girl, just so you are aware, I would strongly advise that you do not try to escape. We are watching your every move.”

The two Eyes swing around from the positions slightly above the ambassador’s shoulders and assume sentry positions at 120 degrees either side from him, just behind her.

Spakzzz has the beginnings of a plan forming in her mind as she replies glibly “Well, I was just checking as I don’t want there to be any misunderstandings later.” And with that she turns her face away from the Monk and pretends to stare into space.

[ August 19, 2004, 04:42 PM: Message edited by: Harbinger ]

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
AQ, that was for you, thank you for the idea.

More coming at the weekend.

Bxx

[ August 19, 2004, 03:38 PM: Message edited by: Harbinger ]

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonnie
mere mortal

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonnie   Email Sonnie         Edit/Delete Post     
Sparkzzz and the damn cat against 2 Emerald Eyes.... yeah, right, like they have any hope! Why doesn't Cheshire go for help?

Loved the 'my face is up here' line - how many times have I heard that said (normally by you B [LOL] )?

More more and even more please.

From: home sweet home... unless i'm posting from work | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Nar Nase and Byt Fees are currently 56,409,812 miles away from Legion ‘Stroid.

They are engaged in a clandestine tryst.

The Green Lantern Lalloo Manypockets and the Freetraders who are also helping with the 'Stroids security cordon are several million miles Galactic West of them visiting the delegation from Khundia as their Warship spins down to a relative velocity to the Einsteinian realms. Neither of the Daxamites are envious of the task these Legionnaires will have explaining the Khundian Ambassador and her aides murders.

The two lovers hadn't actually spoken directly about it but both understood that this was a perfect time to have a little bit of interpersonal fun.

Wrapped around each other enjoying their moment of mutual pleasure they are unaware of the Holocom as it activates itself on a maximum clearance channel. They have both stripped from their battle armour so both miss the tell tale vibrating that signals an incoming communication from their wrist ‘mators.

To be precise as the message is broadcast they are floating eight feet from the Bay deck, spinning around each other writhing, arms and legs entwined, their faces pressed together in a deep passionate kiss, their chests and aroused members rubbing against each other, eyes closed, senses focussing only on their immediate physical sensations.

It is only fair to say the two are not giving their task of conducting a security search on an unmanned Winath Crop shuttle, one of the many supplies vessels that regularly visits the ‘Stroid, their full attention.

The image of Chief Space Marshall Fri Ovid is flickering across the room from them for nearly six whole seconds before Nar Nase sees it and reacts with drilled in precision. Trying to stand to parade ground attention is difficult enough to perform seriously for anybeing when naked, let alone if their lover misinterprets the movement as an invitation to engage in oral sex, even for one as highly trained and decorated as Nar Nase.

Byt Fees, normally quick to joke, sums up both of their feelings when he looks up and sees the furious face of their supreme commanding officer staring at them from a Real Time Transmission Holocom and says “Oh Rao, now we’re both really fucked!”

[ August 20, 2004, 02:58 PM: Message edited by: Harbinger ]

--------------------

Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Harbinger:
AQ, that was for you, thank you for the idea.

More coming at the weekend.

Bxx

Well then here's another heaping pile of praise for this story for you to pad your resume with... [Big Grin]

Or I could add this...
 -
Or this...  -
but I most certainly shouldn't add this...
 - (So I didn't)

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Just as well you didn't add that AQ, between Sparkzzz swinging her breasts at the killer monk, Nar Nase and Byt Fees romp and those other two graemlins you so love to add I fear we may have reached the limit of acceptable posting on this thread. This isn't a Numf El story you know [LOL] (I do wish I had his grasp of humourous writing though :sigh:)

So, AQ what did you like then? These heaps of shameless praise are very flattering but not terribly informative [Big Grin] I'm a bit crap at my armed forces lingo/ heirachy/ codes of conduct etc so am very aware that I've left myself open to criticism when writing about all of my Daxamite soldiers.

Thanks for your support Chuck, hope all is well at your end of the aether

Sonnie, Cheshire is a true hero trying to rescue a damsel in distress so he doesn't need to go for help [LOL] either that or he's out of his depth, you decide!
Bxx

[ August 21, 2004, 02:59 AM: Message edited by: Harbinger ]

--------------------

Harbinger
Advisor

Hol El watches the search on the ‘Stroid Surveillance System for the sixth time.

As part of her training as a Legion cadet she must complete 18 twelve hour shifts on the CCC deck a month. She is not alone as she watches the AI bubblejacks display from the rear hall training facility. With her on the Deck are Commander Hor Elli, Enri Longtan the Gimallon, Widdid Spood the Green Lantern and Stellar, the flame tressed Rhooni fire mystic who joined the Cadets at the same time as Hol El.

Enri had tried to reassure Hol El by patting her on the shoulder as he entered the CCC Deck but as their relationship had entered into a strange broken down place Hol did not feel comfortable acknowledging the touch. She smiled blankly and continued watching the Info Skin display. Enri walked past briskly and starting talking to Commander Hor Elli.

Hol El can see that Stellar is a bit in awe of the Legionnaires, remaining quiet and acting in a surprisingly demure manner. Most unlike the usually brash and gossipy fellow cadet she is used to.

Hol El slips a capsule from her arm holster and surreptitiously pops it in her mouth. It takes about five seconds for the Gene Banging to realign her DNA to accommodate the super-imposed powers. In this case it’s a telepathy cap she’s swallowed.

Raw, unfiltered, unbonded, unregulated mind reading.

“Thanks Nan”, Hol whispers to herself.

She stands up from the floating seat and walks over to the Legionnaires.

“Have you asked any of the magical Legionnaires if they can help?”

As she asks the question she looks directly at Commander Hor Elli. She directs her additional ability towards the Daxamite commander. His mind is a whiz of information. His normally organised and logical thinking process is starting to show signs of the strain of the last few days. He has doubts about his own abilities. He cannot see how Sparkzzz could have vanished without leaving any trace behind. He is worried about the potential damage one of the Emerald Eyes of Ekron could do. He is worried about the security measures he has put in place, whether or not he would be able to protect the 'Stroid. He makes no acknowledgement in this thoughts of the clandestine affair that they have shared, only a slight dismissal of her suggestion. Hol El can feel the beginnings of a blush pink her pale cheeks.

Stellar coughs and looks embarrassed before finally saying “I know of a spell that may help, but I need a few ingredients, if it could help that is…” she lowers her head meekly as Hor Elli looks at her sharply.

Hol El glances at the Rhooni girl, her additional ability automatically scanning her mind.

In it Hol El sees the reason for Stellars demure attitude. Stellar is worried that that since the brief affair SHE was having with the Daxamite commander ended he will find fault in her work and have a reason to get rid of her. Stellar is scared of Hor Elli, she still doesn’t understand why the commander said such wonderful things, made such promises and now won’t have anything to do with her unless it’s entirely work related. Stellar worries that she has done something to upset him and there is a small part of her that deeply regrets ever allowing him into her bed.

Hol El finds the girls internal crisis to be hilarious.

Hol El wears a practiced poker face as she chirps up “What a great idea Stellar, what do you need? I’m sure we’ll all help”.

Widdid Spood and Gimallon exchange discrete glances, neither entirely convinced by the Rhooni girl’s lack of confidence in her own abilities. Hor Elli looks away at the Info Skin, rechecking the display infomatics. After a few seconds he says, “alright, Hol El and Stellar work on the spell, let the Bubblejacks know what you need, use my name for authorisation. Widdid, you and the Freetraders need to find the blatchin’ Eye. Enri, you find the Titan Net Questioners, Snaija and the Avatar and make sure that the ambassadors are safe. I do not want any more murders. I’m going to find Kord Das and get the freckin’ Seers views on this. NOW people! ”

Commander Hor Elli looks away from them and announces to the AI Bubblejack "Find Kid Mental and Triple Cubed, they are on Command Deck duty, effective immediately." There is no grounds for argument in his tone.

With a blur he has gone from the CCC Deck. They Legionnaires don't say anything as they each go about the duties given them by the daxamite commander.

As her mindreading fades Hol El catches Enri Longtan's thoughts, a confused echo of a question that has been circling his mind for days. "Who else has Hol El been sleeping with?"

[ August 22, 2004, 03:32 AM: Message edited by: Harbinger ]

--------------------

Abin Quank

Ahhh... The perfect thing to find tucked into my morning paper, a new installment of Eastenders 35C, Ummm [Ronn-Kar] I mean Legion 35C...

More great stuff B!

P.S. Who else has Hol-El (or is that Hottie-El) been sleeping with? And does she ever really sleep?

[LOL] More piles of shameless praise are on their way, (as soon as Cheshire rescues Sparkzz, that is) [Now quit clawing my leg SC]

[Love] Chuckles

--------------------

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Definitely Eastenders 35C Mr T, glad to hear you likee [Big Grin]

To date I've tried straight superheroics, humour, high brow Sci Fi, claustraphobic psychological drama, mysticism, inter related histories, drug related high japes, love stories, murder mysteries, galactic war, random events, surprise guest stars, personal disclosures, coming of age peices and on going tight plot lines, I even almost tried to write a Western-esque peice and even with all that I keep coming back to soap opera style interpersonal relationship driven story lines.

Hol El has slept with Enri Longtan - though that relationship is on the skids [Frown] - and Commander Hor Elli <so far> though more salient to story I feel the question must be asked - How many of the cast has he slept with so far? Revelations and truth will always come out [Big Grin] [Devil] [Big Grin]

Bxx

PS, don't worry, Cheshire and Sparkzzz will be getting some attention very soon.

PS - I wonder if Abbi Ardeen and Hol El could become friends? The possibilities are endless [LOL]

[ August 23, 2004, 11:25 AM: Message edited by: Harbinger ]

--------------------

Harbinger
Advisor

When Sparkzzz unexpectedly rocked the chair Cheshire considered bolting!

He knows that really it would be expected of him, if not actually written in the Cadet’s protocol, that he should return to the Einsteinian Realms and get some help. He knows, though would never dream of admitting it to anyone, that he is way out classed by the musky smelling old man and his two Emerald Eyes. These ancient powerful magical weapons are said to grant wishes to their users in return for possession of their very souls.

What Cheshire would wish for is quite simple. A couple of Daxamite soldiers maybe, a Kenroshi Starsailor or two, Dak Sacchev, Triple Heavy and even a Green Lantern if there happens to be any around.

And a big bowl of Kitty Cream Delight if there’s any room left in the wish for such scurrilous frippery.

Focussing on gently teasing the knot from the rope tying Sparkzzz’s legs to the chair he is aware that the Eyes have moved into positions on the left and right of the chair, forming a triangle with the Monk taking the point.

There are two Emerald Eyes just a matter of meters from him!

TWO!!

EMERALD!!

EYES!!

OF!!

EKRON!!

He hears Sparkzzz attempting to talk to the monk. He can hear the challenge in her tone and the determination she projects into the conversation. It would be easy to believe that the naked prisoner tied to the chair above him is actually in command. Cheshire is impressed at the sheer chutzpah she is displaying. If only he couldn’t smell her fear he would feel a lot more sure of the situation.

Lying flat on his belly, shoulders and hips tensing ready to run, ears fully open, barely breathing in the hope that he won't alert anything to his presence, all senses straining to their fullest within this slowly shifting trans dimensional landscape, and praying that the spindly legs of the chair don’t snap, Cheshire admits to himself that he is having the time of his life!

It takes all of his self control not to start purring.

--------------------

Harbinger
Advisor

Cheshire was struggling with the ropes that bound Sparkzzz’s leg when the idea struck him.

His abilities worked by shifting radiation – visible light and infra red – through the cracks of the intra-dimensions, effectively making him invisible. As a side effect he had an awareness of, and to a limited degree, could navigate these Realms. It was this ability that had allowed him to find Sparkzzz here in this intra dimensional place. It was this ability, he thought that would get them out of here.

He gently rubbed his whiskers upon Sparkzzz’s muscular calf. She clenched her muscle in covert acknowledgement and recognition as he pushed his soft cheek around her ankle. He knew now that she knew of his presence.

Taking a deep breath Cheshire leant forward and bit deeply into Sparkzzz leg and willed that he be fully visible within the Einsteinian Realms effectively catapulting him, and he hoped Sparkzzz, back to Legion ‘Stroid.

He realised his mistake immediately.

The intra dimensional plain they had just vacated was not site specifically relative to the Einsteinian Realm. In the few minutes that he had been there their position was no longer analogous to the point he left.

At least he could still see Legion ‘Stroid, unfortunately it was approximately 2 kilometers away slowly rolling through the hard vacuum of deep space.

The Survival Threads inserted into his collar automatically sprung to life, encompassing in a limited atmosphere and pressure bubble. Cheshire tried desperately to reach any of the Legionnaires stationed upon the ‘Stroid along the telepathways, straining to push his thoughts as stars swum before his eyes, both literally and as a result of the exhaustion that the dimensional blink had caused. He was aware that Sparkzzz was naked having been kidnapped while in the shower. She had no Survival Threads to save her life.

In a horrific fast forwarded parody of obscene inflation Cheshire watched as the hard vacuum of deep space pulled the lithe Winathian in every direction. Her eyes bulging out, her tongue swelling and bursting with pellets of her life giving blood as all her veins, stretched to their fullest capacity started to erupt.

--------------------

Abin Quank

Sorry, Belinda, but that wasn't the shower scene I had in mind... Yuck... Frozen Clumping Platelets.... [Frown]

Rescue her, Please, I Implore you!

Or at least get it over with quickly and move on to the funeral. (Who gets a little Nookie at this one? Last time it was WW35C dropping trou, who's next?) [Roll Eyes]

[ August 27, 2004, 10:01 PM: Message edited by: Abin Quank ]

--------------------

With a Power Ring...

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, I think Cheshire is the true star of this story - not just 'cause he's a cat, either. If he were human, he would be just as fascinating - a great mix of powers and personality. Likes to know everything that's going on, looking out for himself, but unquestionably concerned about the well-being of Sparkzzz, the team and the universe in general. Noble feline!

That telepathy cap is a curious little trick - what a sneak you are, Hol El - although maybe it's just a survival skill. I was expecting her to get her comeuppance at the end, mind read something shocking or unwelcome to her - just as the power fades... wouldn't she be desperate to get her hands on another cap then... Hol El and Abbi Ardeen as pals? Interesting. Maybe they could each learn something from the other, and come out at the end better people. There were some moments when I really felt sorry for Abbi, despite all she'd done ...(I think I'm big on personal redemption stories, always hoping that everyone from villains to the maladjusted to the simply snotty see the error of their ways and embrace the light.)

Sparkzzz! Eewww! Icky! Save her, fast! She's my second favourite character in this saga, after Cheshire.

Maybe the Trommite Bhuddists need to start a heresy movement and oust their leader.

I love all the history/background you add into this story - wish you had time to expand on it all! It makes a great link between the DC Legion and the Harbinger Legion.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Thanks Chuck and Nancy, I value your feedback.

Sparkzzz and Cheshire still have a ways to go, and hopefully they'll pull through (though it isn't guaranteed [Big Grin] , well you don't expect me to write nice stories just because you asked did you?). I need to resolve a few more plot lines before I get back to them. There are a few things going on and that have been hinted at that need some focus so that my timeline for the big ending of this arc fits.

And FC, in case it wasn't clear Hol El's 'cap' is a capsule - Genebanging comes in a handy little pill.

I'm going to be extra busy this week sorting out my life before term starts next week so there may be wait for more, sorry.

If anyone else wants to share a view please do, all feedback is gratefully received.

Hope you are all well.

--------------------

Sonnie
mere mortal

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonnie   Email Sonnie         Edit/Delete Post     
It's been a while since I checked your ongoing soap opera... I mean Sci Fi epic out B and you are still mixing it like a pro [Big Grin]

Loved the "Now we're really f@cked" comment, made me laugh out loud [LOL] having a soft for tose two I hope you aren't going to be writing about their adventures in solitary confinement [Big Grin]

Cheshire goes up in my opinion, the wee terror that he is, I agree with FCs comment above - he is a hero! You've given him an individual personality that's fun to read and easy to imagine....

Hol El is a fun adition to the ranks... she's a bit of a schemey isn't she?

Sparkzz goes from back ground gossip, to blasting robots in training, to shower scene seductress to defiant hostage to random floating molecules in half a dozen posts - there's some character development eh [Big Grin]

Loving it B, more and more and more soon pls

From: home sweet home... unless i'm posting from work | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.