Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Stories from Legion 'Stroid- Legion 35C (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Stories from Legion 'Stroid- Legion 35C
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
Triple Cubed and Kid Mental have been on the CCC Deck for nearly ten minutes.

Kid Mental is giving the multiple infoskins on the mission monitor board his undivided attention, and Triple Cubed many selves are feeling a little left out as he has focussed totally on the work at hand. Three of her selves had gone to the galley to bring refreshments up to the CCC Deck, another two had plugged into the Allworld Media service, five of them are sat down chatting at the Drive control panel, two more are randomly pacing, six haven’t arrived on the CCC Deck yet, four more are playing a game of Spinning Xanti on a floating desk while here prime and six other selves are milling around in front of the mission monitor board waiting for something to happen.

As they watch Hor Elli is pounding impotently upon the force shield doors to Kor Das’s laboratory, arguing with the Legion leader’s AI bubblejack secretary. When they had first arrived on the CCC Deck, ninety seconds after their abrupt summons Hor Elli had been patiently requesting permission to have a quick word with Das. His frustration had steadily become more and more apparent until just thirty seconds ago he had punched the wall in a sudden outburst. He had taken a deep breath afterwards and the bubblejack secretary had said “Hor Elli, that’s not an acceptable response.” At this point he had started venting his anger on the force field with repeated punches and kicks.

Kid Mental was too focussed on the many other screens to give Hor Elli’s angry reactions anything more than a cursory laugh.

In the upper Ambassadorial level, in the main conference suite Enri Longtan of the Imsk Leviathons had gathered the remaining ambassadors and their aides. With Enri there were several of the fast tracked recruits – Chloro the walking treeman from Chloron, Blackout of the Reaquindoodis, Ash- yu Wool of Greater Braal and the Bismollian known as Gannet.

The Kenroshi Ambassador Avatar floats in the cold of space just outside of the conference suites atmosphere bubble. Her aurora wings cascade in iridescent waves along the length of her conical space born body. Kid Mental notes that there has been a slow trickle of the Kenroshi Starsailors joining the ‘Stroids flotilla within the last week. Out of a galactic population of perhaps 100,000 there are over 12,000 within a light year of the Legion ‘Stroids position. He doesn’t say anything directly to Triple Cubed about this unheard of congregation of the reclusive god-like race, keeping his suspicions to himself. For now anyway.

The Titan Net Questioners are also present in the conference suite, talking to, and most likely separating, the Winathian twins. As the Questioners had only a day ago telepathically interrogated all the ambassadors present their presence was not as calming as they might have liked. And no doubt with their considerable psychic finesse they knew this, still they tried to make the peace between the argumentative ambassadors.

Kid Mental notices that Hor Elli has abandoned his futile attempt to enter into Das's quarters, and has gone in a super speed blur out into the thin noxious atmosphere of the 'Stroid just as Widdid Spood guides a Khund Battleship towards the lower hemisphere's high security docking bay.

[ September 03, 2004, 01:20 PM: Message edited by: Mrs C B H.I.V.E. ]

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
Hol El is bored.

She is the ultimate descendant of the Last son of Krypton and right now she is picking her nose and flicking the snot contemptuously on the back of the Rhooni flame haired girl Stellar.

They are in Stellars small quarters, a red lit room with many religious symbols lovingly painted onto the four walls amongst the standard shelves and small storage boxes in a material that shines like polished onyx. In the centre of the room is a raised platform, two feet off the ground and four across, built from toughened steel with four raised organic looking twisting poles that reach to the ceiling eight feet above. The centre of the platform is a circle of blackened stone.

Stellar had asked for several small items from Commander Hor Elli’s AI bubblejack secretary and they had hurried to her room so the spell could be cast. The flame haired mystic had carefully placed the four items onto the platform before kneeling before it, ignoring Hol El’s offer of help, and began to recite a verse in a language only used by certain tribes on Rhoon. She had remained like this for several minutes, deep in her prayers.

In a slow serpent like movement Stellar stood, her hair blazing with energy as her voice rose. The light became uncomfortable for Hol El and she looked around the room, away from the glare.

With a low hiss the light finally dimmed and Hol El tuned to look as Stellar faced her with a small smile on her face.

“The Level is clear now, we can begin the spell.”

“What? I thought you were just doing that… so what was all that? That mumbo jumbo stuff.”

Stellar realises that the Last Son’s vulnerability to magic had probably been passed down the generations. That, she thought, explained Hol El’s aloof manner, she was covering her weakness! In a flash of compassion Stellar realised that as one born immune to all physical damage Hol El would be particularly suspicious of anything that could bypass her natural invulnerability.

“The spell won’t take long, I just need to get the final ingredients ready… could you pass the gray pouch over please?”

Hol El reluctantly reaches for the small pouch and feels slightly nauseated as the contents begin to move within, like a handful of worms unfurling. Stellar gives her a reassuring smile and turns back to the platform, tipping he mysterious contents into her left hand.

“Breath taken of life giving air,
Find our friend, lost and fair,”

Hol El can’t see exactly want Stellar has thrown gently onto the platform, but it makes a sound like a dog’s back breaking as it hits the blackened stone. A sickening hiss follows.

“Flow of life affirming water,
Reach out for Winath’s lost daughter,”

Another under arm toss and this time a noise of soup sucked through rotten gums. Hol El turns her back on Stellar’s spell casting and concentrates very hard on a small icon on the wall that looks vaguely like a hedgehog.

“Strength of life nurturing stone,
Bring the missing back home,”

Stellar sprinkles a silvery material onto the platform that pops like burning flies, the smell makes Hol El want to retch.

“Passion of life changing flame,
Summon her here, heart, spirit and frame”

If the light Stellar generated before was bright it grew now to a blinding intensity that eliminated shadows from the room like a physical force. Her whole being now glowed like a star. Even turned away Hol El held both hands over her eyes.

There is a roar as if from the throat of a mighty beast and…

Silence.

Darkness.

As she turn to survey the scene before her Hol El hears Stellar drop to the floor. The Rhooni girl’s hair is no longer alight and her breathing sounds forced and ragged.

On the stone platform in front of her is a curled blood covered body.

“Bloody Sprock you did it Stellar, I’ll never doubt you again!”

Hol El’s training takes over and she sends a demand for a medical team along the telepathways as she goes to the two unconscious Beings in front of her and begins to administer the very basic first aid she has been taught.

[ September 03, 2004, 04:10 PM: Message edited by: Mrs C B H.I.V.E. ]

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Snaija Patel looks at the H’dritki with a sense of frustration.

The giant insectoid warrior drones that were given to her as Honour Guard by the races Queen when she had helped in their planetary evacuation had never tried to directly interact with her before this. For the first three months after she had left the RNA tank they had appeared several times a day in her vicinity but in the months since she had rarely seen them and had assumed that they had left Legion ‘Stroid.

There are eleven of them before her, all of whom are identical in every way except for small coloured bands on the mandibles. The warrior drones had refused to have telepathway implants - and it was soon noted that these had a tendency not to work effectively around them - or universal translator chips inserted, and would 4D jump from anyone trying to touch them or adorn them with any form of clothing or jewelry.

No handy wrist ‘mators to talk through then, she though with a sigh. Snaija remember Kord Das explaining the H’dritki always traveled in prime numbers, something to do with their reverence of the One. Damn but she wished she understood them better. What were they trying to tell her?

At present they are in front of her in a semicircle, weaving and dodging in a complicated pattern of choreographed dance. On a certain level Snaija appreciated the beauty of their sensual balletic movement. As the warrior drones moved they clicked their front claws in a strange rhythm that only underlined their dance with tempo. The high pitched tsk-ing and squeals made a song of the information they were obviously trying very desperately to impart to her.

On another level she is annoyed that they had stopped her and very gently herded her into this side conference room. Perhaps twenty meters across and fifteen wide, this was a suite used to entertain minor dignitaries before a full council meeting.

The drones stopped one by one and lowered their heads before her.

Mega reached out to the nearest and gently rubbed between it’s huge multi faceted eyes and spoke in a small soothing tone, “Guys, I don’t know what you want from me.” This gentle rubbing of their armoured heads was the only contact they would allow, and then only from Snaija. She was well aware that it was a tremendous honour to have this degree of intimacy with the drones. She was perhaps the only Human that had ever been allowed physical contact of this nature with any of the H’dritki.

She turns to the entrance iris and looks to the AI bubblejack port just above it and says “Bubblejack, can you translate?”

“Processing” the bored sounding reply.

“Bubblejack, while you are processing that could you inform Enri Longtan that I am currently dealing with a matter in this suite but shall join him on the upper ambassadorial suite shortly.”

A drone ‘ports in front of Snaija and raises itself up onto it’s hind two legs, emitting a squeal, it’s front four legs raised as if imploring. The drones behind her start to make a low hissing noise and click their claws. Their frustration and desperation to have her attention is all to obvious. The bizarre stand off between the drone blocking the enrance and Snaija goes on for nearly a minute. The slow chorus of hisses behind her gets slowly louder and she is aware that they are moving closer to her in sudden sharp 4D jumps.

“This is getting too much guys, I have some other business to attend to so we’ll catch up later okay? Bubblejack, pass the translation through my personal Tpathway when you have it.”

And with that she shrinks to a sub atomic size and allows herself to fall between the atoms of the conference suites floor.

[ September 05, 2004, 05:32 AM: Message edited by: Mrs C B H.I.V.E. ]

--------------------

Harbinger
Advisor

Kid Mental accepts an incoming message from the Wandering Stars Arc Bubble Ship.

He had just received the telepathway'd cry for help from the Elevated cat Cheshire. Kid Mental immediately alerting Widdid Spood of his plight in space. The Durlan Green Lantern had responded with experienced ease and was already giving his help to the cat. The Khund Warship was left to initiate the final docking procedure itself. No doubt they would find a reason to complain about that, but, thought Kid Mental, they would just have to add it to their list.

The Kid's erstwhile teammate Thane Refrocan’s Holo image appeared and after acknowledging Kid Mental began to request a meeting with Kord Das to discuss the missing time spun Tamarani princess and the fears of his people that without her presence that the Creeping Dram disease might return.

Kid Mental patiently explained that Kord Das had left orders not to be disturbed before retiring into his laboratory two days ago. The Thane looked confused for a second before informing Kid Mental that the Bubble Arc’s would rejoin the flotilla and he, and a small group of the Vegan Elders and concerned Beings of the Galaxy would be requesting permission to board Legion ‘Stroid to personally petition Das’s AI bubblejack secretary.

As the formal request from Thane Refrocan came through Kid Mental scanned the names of the party and was not surprised to see his suspicions confirmed that Dak Sacchev, the Princesses life partner was on the Wandering Star’s ship. Along with the Thane and Blackstar, Silver crow and a party of the Starhaven Freetraders and Triple Heavy of the Carggg People’s Planetary Protectorate were also part of the group requesting Kord Das’s personal attention. In total there were twenty three names on the list each requesting to see the reclusive Naltori Legion Leader.

Kid Mental said quietly to himself "Things are coming to a head, it won't be long now."

"Pardon darling?" Triple Cubed 14 asked.

"Nothing, just thinking out loud, never mind..."

[ September 05, 2004, 04:43 AM: Message edited by: Mrs C B H.I.V.E. ]

--------------------

Harbinger
Advisor

As Cheshire watched Sparkzzz appeared to erupt into a mass of energy and was gone.

The Elevated cat began to mewl and threw his views to the Gods or Creator Spirit or Fate that could allow such a beautiful spirit like Sparkzzz to end in such an illglorious manner out along the Telepathways. They were not repeatable thoughts. Cheshire could be very eloquent in his anger. If the Gods or Creator Spirit or Fate were listening they would have blushed.

As the emerald bubble from Widdid Spood’s Green Lantern ring enveloped him Cheshire was spitting in abject fury.

The Green Lantern understood his Legion comrades anger at the loss of their teammate but in a small cynical part of his mind Widdid Spood acknowledged that he had never liked the talkative Winathian and would not carry the weight of her passing with much difficulty.

It wasn’t until much later that they learned of the spell cast by the Rhooni mystic Stellar that had plucked Sparkzzz to safety.

[ September 10, 2004, 11:02 AM: Message edited by: Mrs C B H.I.V.E. ]

--------------------

Harbinger
Advisor

Well thats it for this morning, maybe more later as we catch up with Commander Cruiser and the Daxamites, and maybe even what that rogue Kord Das has been up to.

I think I mistimed the Stellar saving Sparkzzz section and Cheshires reaction to her disappearance, but that'll teach me for pandering to the public vote [Big Grin] Not that she's nessesarily alive of course [Devil] [Big Grin]

Hope it isn't getting too confusing. Any views, comments or suchlike you want to share are always welcome.

Bxx

[ September 05, 2004, 05:27 AM: Message edited by: Mrs C B H.I.V.E. ]

--------------------

Harbinger
Advisor

Commander Cruiser was responding to an incoming message from Daxam High Command.

He was politically astute to know that he did not want his superior officers to know of his childish outburst against Kord Das’s laboratory force field. When his wrist ’mator alerted him to the incoming message he flew as fast as he reasonably could out of the ‘Stroid and pretended to be en route to the security cordon to boost morale and check on the thoroughness of the Freetraders. If he was asked that was his story anyway. Everything is A-alright Sir!

As the image formed of Chief Space Marshall Fri Ovid he knew it was a bust! Even before the High Commander of the Daxamite Armed Forces Space Rangers holo had fully formed Hor Elli knew that his superior was annoyed. As his thunderous countenance became clear Hor Elli knew he was furious!

Damnation!

Hor Elli thought "this is all I need!"

--------------------

Harbinger
Advisor

Triple Cubed says:

“Is everything alright Polurs? You’ve been …more focussed on work of late. Are you still annoyed that I got on with your wife? She’sa beautiful woman, I understand why you loved her so much…”

Polurs Corpinini has a tight smile on his face as he replies:

“She was the first Being I ever really connected to, y’know? True, I’ve met others since”, he throws Triple Cubed Prime a quick grin before carrying on. “I’m scared babe, not for us, I know we’re strong. No, I’ve been checking the Mission Monitor Boards for thirty minutes now and we seem to be amassing an army around the ‘Stroid.”

“I thought that’s what we wanted? Take our forces to Dark Spaces and kick the Grand Invaders out, wasn’t it?”

“We have 1,300 Freetraders, that’s 80% of their population closeby.”

“They are on our side y’know.” Her tone is teasing in the face of his stoicism.

“There are more Kenroshi Starsailors within a light year of us than have ever… EVER been seen together before. The Daxamite High Command have just issued a demand for Kord Das’s attention. They are sending their Northern Arm Fleet to rendezvous with us. The Great Space Dragon Herd will be here within a day, there are dozens of Green Lanterns nearby, all of Carggg’s planetary heroes are here or here abouts, the Sol Defense League have left Sol virtually undefended to join our campaign, we have a flotilla of ships from every race imaginable including the Wandering Star’s Bubble Arcs….”

She puts her shoulder skillfully under his muscular arm, nuzzling into his chest as if to reassure him.

“Shoosh Polurs, trust Das to see our way through this….. darling, we must be strong to face our enemy.”

“What kind of enemy will need that kind of firepower to defeat babes? We have virually every space travelling race or Beings around us. I’m feeling like a very small part in the machine right now and it’s… daunting babes, I can’t see how we can get out of this.”

He is still looking at the Infoskins before him. His eyes barely leaving it as he speaks.

“Oh don’t tell me Kid Mental, the Ultimate Human is scared?” She laughs lightly but can see the worry is weighing down upon him. “Polurs, we have now, it’s all any of us have. We knew the risks when we joined our planet’s defense organisation, and anyway doncha think it’s better to go out in a blaze of glory? Tell me you don’t and I’ll laugh at you.”

“I think we’re slouching towards Bethlehem.”

“Pardon?” Triple Cubed brows scrunch closer together as she asks “what are you talking about darling?”

“I think … sorry babes, forget it… you must have worn me out last night more than I thought.” He beams a radiant smile at her, projecting a very sensual thought through the telepathways to reinforce his sudden change of mind. She is clever enough to see his eyes still have a haunted look.

Four of her selves hug him cooing reassurance and stroking and caressing him.

“Well, what do you know, guess I didn’t tire you out that much after all…”

[ September 05, 2004, 11:04 AM: Message edited by: Mrs C B H.I.V.E. ]

--------------------

Harbinger
Advisor

Kord Das looks as if he is meditating.

He is sat in the lotus position upon a simple cotton mat, his eyes screwed tightly shut. The laboratory is silent. There is a soft ambient light that does not shine bright enough to allow defined shadows to be cast. His AI Bubblejack secretary has not relayed any of the numerous requests that it has had for him. He had ordered it into silence mode. He doubted he would be needed anyway.

His body is hungry and exhausted. He has been fasting for 72 hours and his stomach is starting to make its protests heard, despite his attempts to silence it. Kord Das is, for all of his tenth level Coluan training, starting to lose his usually unquestionable control.

Even as he watches with his Seers Third Sight the timelines he has been carefully following since his twelfth year, nearly eighteen years ago, are changing.

Future history is rewriting itself.

In a flash the pages of autobiography of Dak Sacchev, to be written in four years time, is changing. There are pages he has never seen before and an entire chapter has gone. He can recall it perfectly from memory but no longer foresee it.

The Newscasts announcing the rout of the Grand Invaders are no longer giving him the information he has for years attempted to create. They are dated differently. They are telling different stories. There are different survivors of the Great Battle. He has a hard time stopping himself from weeping as the sight of the fate of the Wandering Stars is altering before his minds eye. He had immersed himself into these visions for so long that he thought he had covered any eventuality.

What had he missed? There must be a way to recapture his destiny. Kord Das searches with a painful thoroughness through every tiny sliver of the Future that he had Seen. He searches for a clue to the unraveling of his Dream. There must be a thread that he can weave back into place. There must be a conversation he can manipulate to be overheard or a tale that needs to be retold. There must be SOMETHING!

It never crosses his impressive computer like mind for even the smallest fraction of a second that he might have been wrong all along.

[ September 07, 2004, 09:06 AM: Message edited by: Mrs C B H.I.V.E. ]

--------------------

Harbinger
Advisor

On that note I'm going to work on Fun and Games in Space for a while, there are a few loose threads that need my attention over there. Come join me,

Bxx

--------------------

Sonnie
mere mortal

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonnie   Email Sonnie         Edit/Delete Post     
Bloody f@ck B! you must have had a frenzy at the weekend... I'm sorry I was away and missed it now!

I don't know where to start....

Cheshire was cool - the gods would blush eh? Pity we missed what he was meowling [Big Grin]

Thought it was a good touch your GL admitting he didn't like Sparkzz... good bit of characterisation that....

Kid Mental seems to have softened a bit - I liked him being an arrogant b@stard, but it is nice to see he's starting to really think about the situation and have doubts....

Hol El was as snotty as ever (pun was meant, it took me 15 minutes to think of that - d'oh), Stelar proves her worth too....

Dak sacchev finally shows up (to save the day again? - don't hit me I was joking!)

And the revelation about KorD Dases prophecy!!! Niiiiice twist!

So I guess the main event will start shortly, and I'll deffo follow you to F&Games...

can we have some more, more, more soon please?

One question for you B, what happened to loony monk and the emerald Eyes?

[ September 06, 2004, 03:18 PM: Message edited by: Slobo Bloke ]

From: home sweet home... unless i'm posting from work | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ghost of Numf El
Waste ....... Of Space!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ghost of Numf El           Edit/Delete Post     
F'n'A, B.

What a cliffhanger to leave us with - begging for more, more, more.

Excellent - can't wait for the next installment.
Guess I'm just going to have to put up with some of your F&G instead...... [LOL]

--------------------
Hic!

From: Scatland | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Thank you Brothers T for your responses.

This is it for this thread, I'm going to finish F'n'G then there'll be one more story before we wave bye byes to the Legion 35c for a good while.

Keithie, I haven't forgotten about the monk, don't worry.

Ken, meant to say in Dragons that I'll collect those Jimmy Choos when I'm up in Aberdriecht next ok? [LOL]

[Love]

Bxx

--------------------

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.