Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Vee's Legion (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Vee's Legion
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Over the past year+ of enjoying City of Heroes, I've created a number of heroes. Some I play constantly, others were created on a whim to see how close to the real version I could get with the character generator.

I thought you all might enjoy seeing the Legionnaires in CoH style. This is what the other LW players on CoH joking refer to as "Vee's Legion"

First up the 3 Founders, starting with Cos.

-  -
 -  -
As you can see I've done him in the various versions of his outfit.

[ February 21, 2007, 07:29 AM: Message edited by: Vee ]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Next is my version of Lightning Lad. Really it's more my designe than close to actual but I like how it turned out.

-

And finally, whenit came time to do the third founder, I decided I didn't like Imra so I decided to create an alternate reality gender reverse version of her. Meet Saturn Kid! [Big Grin]

-

(Remind anyone of the Grell era story in which the Jeckie is afflicted with something or other and the Legionnaires decide that they need to really confuse her so two of the guys dress up like male versions of Saturn Girl and Nura (?) [Big Grin]

[ February 21, 2007, 07:10 AM: Message edited by: Vee ]

--------------------

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Next up (in continuity) are Tinya and Lu. Unfortunately Lu hasn't earned her cape yet but I think she'll look great once she does.

-  -

--------------------

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Following these two ladies, came Invisible Kid, Colossal Boy and Cham. I've done various versions of Lyle and one of Gim but I've held off on Cham until I can create him with a special type of character that only becomes available when you finally reach level 50 with one of you heores. That should happen within the next few weeks so I'll finally be able to do my version of Cham then.

-  -  -  -

--------------------

Vee
Still smoooooth!

More to come later! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Next up in continuity would be Kara and Brainy. Again, I'm not a big fan of Brainy's so I decided to do an alternate reality gender reversed version named Querla-5.

-  -

--------------------

Vee
Still smoooooth!

The next threee in order are Superboy, Ultra Boy and Star Boy.
 -  -  -

--------------------

Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
These are great, Vee!

I'm finding that Tinya to be very intoxicating!

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Thanks Luna! Stay tuned, many more to come. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Next up are Vi, Dirk and Chuck. You really need to see Vi in-game to get the impact, she really is tiny. [Big Grin]

-  -  -

--------------------

Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow... sweet!! [Big Grin] That's so nifty... almost makes me want to play!

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
Very attractive original designs! A bit of more baroque ornamentation seems to work well for these characters from the future. (It'd never be portrayed well in the printed comics, even today, let alone on Silver Age newsprint.)

Do they have to "earn" capes from game play or longevity? And has anyone at City of Heroes given you grief about using Legion or Supes names or allusions to images, in light of the Marvel lawsuit?

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Glad you like them.

Grey, to be able to wear a cape, the hero has to reach level 20. Once at 20, s/he can then do a special mission. Successful completion of the mision earns him or her the right to add a cape to their costume. Of course, the tailor charges extra for the cape. [Big Grin]

I've not had any problems with any of my heros but many others have. I make sure that I don't use the copyrighted name (or even a misspelled version of it) For example, Cos is named Cosmic Rokk, Garth is Boltz Boy, Chuck is BB Chuck, Jo is Rimborian.

Even so, it is possible that you can run into a problem simply from having too accurate a costume. So far, I've been lucky. I think its because the Legionnaires are not exactly the most widely known superheroes so are less likely to attract attention. That's why I never actually played Kal or Kara. They would be too obvious even though I named them Le Lak and LeRoz Arak. [Big Grin]

[ August 05, 2005, 12:18 AM: Message edited by: Vee ]

--------------------

Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
"Access Denied. Bandwidth limit exceeded."

I can't see any of 'em. [Frown]

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Vee:
Over the past year+ of enjoying City of Heroes, I've created a number of heroes. Some I play constantly, others were created on a whim to see how close to the real version I could get with the character generator.

I thought you all might enjoy seeing the Legionnaires in CoH style. This is what the other LW players on CoH joking refer to as "Vee's Legion"

First up the 3 Founders, starting with Cos.

-  -
 -  -
As you can see I've done him in the various versions of his outfit.

Vee - i love the nearly-naked Cos with the black "speedo" that you drew....hot, hot, hot!!!!
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.