Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Vee's Legion (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Vee's Legion
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Vee:

And finally, whenit came time to do the third founder, I decided I didn't like Imra so I decided to create an alternate reality gender reverse version of her. Meet Saturn Kid! [Big Grin]

-

(Remind anyone of the Grell era story in which the Jeckie is afflicted with something or other and the Legionnaires decide that they need to really confuse her so two of the guys dress up like male versions of Saturn Girl and Nura (?) [Big Grin] [/QB]

It does, Vee, but the story in question was "The Legionnaires who Never Were" from ACTION 392. The male "Legionnaires" were supposed to be counterparts of Saturn Girl and Princess Projectra.
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for the compliments guys. There's more coming up in a moment.

LAM: You're absolutely correct. Don't know what made me type Nura.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
Freudian slip, Vee?
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Next up is my all time favorite hero (not just Legionnaire...hero) Mon-El. There are a couple of variations of him as I'm sure you would suspect [Big Grin]

-  -  -  -  -
 -  -

As you can see, not all of them have earned their cape yet but I'll update these once they do.

[ August 07, 2005, 04:48 AM: Message edited by: Vee ]

--------------------

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

quote:
Originally posted by legionadventureman:
Freudian slip, Vee?

Not likely as you'll soon see. But, now that I think of it, once you see Dreamer, it might explain the mix up. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Vee
Still smoooooth!

I did this one mainly because of Lasher and EDE (They would NEVER forgive me if I hadn't [Big Grin] )

Here's Tenzil!

-

--------------------

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Next in order came Jan. There are a couple of versions of him floating around as well.

-  -  -

[ August 07, 2005, 05:15 AM: Message edited by: Vee ]

--------------------

Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Marvel   Email Kid Marvel         Edit/Delete Post     
Damnnnn Im going to have to stop playing World of Warcraft and Get Cracking on COH

--------------------
Remember : It's not technically a suckerpunch if you yell ''DEFEND YOURSELF SPROCKER!'' two seconds before you let him have it.

From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

We'd love to have you join us in the Legion on CoH Joey! Come join the fun.

--------------------

Vee
Still smoooooth!

About this time Garth experienced his first heroic death and Ayla replaced him in the Legion. Apparently Jimmy Olsen became an Honorary Legionnaire about the same time and we know that Nura joined (the first time) and changed Ayla's power from lightning generation to Anti-grav.

Here are my versions of those three Legionnaires. Nura was never a favorite of mine and here outfit looked really bland so I decided to do an alternate universe gender reversed version known as Dream lad instead. I think he's a real hottie! What do you think? [Big Grin]

-  -  -

--------------------

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Next, we met the young hero with perhaps the saddest power. Kid Psycho could generate force fields that were virtually impeneratble but the Legionnaires had no choice but to reject him for membership because each time he used his power, he shortened his lifespan! Even so, he earned a spot as a reservist and eventually gave his life saving people during the Crisis.

-

--------------------

legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Im really enjoying your artwork, Vee, carry on with the fantastic visuals!
Vee
Still smoooooth!

The next batch of Legionnaires to be inducted were Karate Kid, Princess Projectra, and Ferro Lad (Nemesis Kid as well, but he'll show up with my Legion of Super Villains [Big Grin] )

JEckie was never a favorite of mine so she got the gender reversed treatment as Prince Projector (though I am thinking of doing a Sensor Girl version. If I do, I'll add her here)

I have a classic version of Val as well as the current version.

-  -

-  -

--------------------

Vee
Still smoooooth!

quote:
Originally posted by legionadventureman:
Im really enjoying your artwork, Vee, carry on with the fantastic visuals!

Thanks LAM! Wish I could take credit for the artwork but it's all generated by the character generator in City of Heroes. You just pick and choose the various components. My Dad was a professional artist (and a damn great one!) but I have little if any skill with a pencil, though I do have a vivid imagination.

[ August 07, 2005, 06:01 AM: Message edited by: Vee ]

--------------------

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Two more Honorary members came next. Lana Lang as Insect Queen and Rond Vidar. (I love how Lana turned out. When she earns it, she going to look awesome in the insect wing cape! Rond has always been a favorite of mine so there are various versions of him around.

-  -

-  -

--------------------

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.