Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Vee's Legion (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Vee's Legion
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Caliente:
I recommend photobucket. Works for me!! Or greatestjournal.com -- you can host things there too.

Thanks I'll check them out.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

*Think I've gotten visibility issues sorted out (fingers crossed) Let me know if any of you are still having a problem. I'll edit the older posts a little a time to use the new hosting service if everything works okay with the newer ones.

Next we moved into the Levitz/Giffen/Lightle era and we met a new batch of Legionnaires that ended up containing some very popular members.

First up was Invisible Kid 2

-

[ August 14, 2005, 04:12 AM: Message edited by: Vee ]

--------------------

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

The we finally got the induction of my all time favorite female Legion character. Mysa caught my attention when we were first introduced to her during the Adventure era and I started rooting for her to join immediately. Had to wait about 20 odd years but it finally came to pass! [Big Grin]

She's had a variety of looks on CoH, as you'll see, but she's always been a hottie. That's actually a good thing because it means she rarely lacks for team ups which is usually helpful, although she manages to hold her own while soloing.

Here she is in the order in which her look evolved.

-  -  -

And I was finally able to develope a version of her original Adventure era look with which I was happy. Here she is as we first met...The White Witch.

-

[ August 14, 2005, 04:11 AM: Message edited by: Vee ]

--------------------

Vee
Still smoooooth!

And we finally get a return to the days of Legion try-outs and added 5 new members to the ranks of Legionnaires...Sensor Girl, Polar Boy (who finally became a Legionnaire), Magnetic Kid, Tellus, and Quislet!

Here's Sensor Girl, who has yet to earn her cape.

-

--------------------

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Tellus and Quislet quickly became favorites of mine. I'm waiting to use a new archtype before creating Tellus and I had to completely reimagine Quislet in order to play him on CoH. This version of Quislet is one that was finally able to return from his home dimension. Prior to his latest escape, he completely redesigned his "containment vehicle" to more closely resemble humans. He took his inspiration from his close friend Drake for the colors.

And here he is...Fun Loving Quiz!

-

--------------------

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Next up, we got to see Polar Boy, long time leader of the Subs, finally achieve his lifelong goal...Legion membership. I have two versions of Brek, one with his traditional look, and another with a completely reimagined costume for Polar Boy.

-  -

--------------------

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Last but certainly not least of the new kids, Pol Krinn became the fifth new member offered membership as a result of those try-out. Pol was always a favorite of mine, perhaps because he was the kid brother who always looked up to and wanted to follow in his big brother's footsteps, as difficult as that might be. Alas, Pol we barely got the chance to meet you before we lost you.

Here are the two versions of Pol that I have running around Paragon City.

-  -

There are a couple of other heroes we met during these tryouts that I plan on creating but haven't gotten around to yet. I think some of them would be pretty interesting as Academy students of members of the Subs.

[ August 14, 2005, 09:33 AM: Message edited by: Vee ]

--------------------

Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
these just make me want CoH even more!!!
From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

quote:
Originally posted by dedman:
these just make me want CoH even more!!!

Ded, now might be a good time to look for a bargain on it. They're really pushing the new release of the City of Villains version so you might find a great deal. Also I think there might be a way for you to download the game without having to purchase the software. Then you just pay the monthly subscription. I'll see if I can track down the link for you.

[ August 14, 2005, 07:59 AM: Message edited by: Vee ]

--------------------

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Before I get to the the 5YG Legionnaires that I've done, and those beyond that in the postboot. There are some others that need to appear. First and foremost, we absolutely need to meet the Subs! They were an important part of the Legion's history right from the very early days.

Of course, you've already seen Polar Boy, who was the first Sub to join the LSH (although Stone Boy was actually the first Sub to be offered membership. He turned it down because he wouldn't leave his Sub buddies behind) but here are the other original members of the Subs that's I've done: Lydda Jath, Night Girl, Chlorophyll Kid, Stone Boy, Fire Lad (I've done two versions of Staq),
 -  -  -  -  -

[ August 14, 2005, 08:26 AM: Message edited by: Vee ]

--------------------

Vee
Still smoooooth!

We soon met some other members of the Subs, namely Color Kid, Porcupine Pete, and Infectious Lass

-  -  -

Of course there was also Eyeful Ethel and Double Header but I haven't done either of them...yet! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Besides the Subs, we also met a number of Legion Allies and Legion Academy students. I've done a few of these as well.

First up (actually one of the very first non members we ever met) is Marla Latham, who was RJ Brande's assistant and was originally in charge of training the new Legionnaires for membership.

-

--------------------

Vee
Still smoooooth!

And then there was that ornery old cus, Dr. Gym'll

-

--------------------

Vee
Still smoooooth!

During the Adventure era we met a number of super powered heores that became allies of the Legion eventually. Some were solo heroes (like Dev-Em ~ who was originally an adversary of Superboy, later turned Legion ally), and some were members of the Heroes of Lallor and the Wanderers (of which I have yet to create any with one exception, sorta [Big Grin] ) or even (this is for Lash and EDE, really) the Super Companions!.

There were also some heroes depicted in the Hall of Fallen Heroes (in the infamous Adult Legion story arc) that were assumed to eventually become Legionnaires, particularly once Shadow Lass made her debute followed shortly thereafter by Chemical King. One of these was Quantum Queen, whom we eventually met as a member of the Wanderers and the other was Reflecto.

Here are my version of some of these heroes: Dev-Em, Reflecto (who eventually become a Legionnaire..or was a melding of Superboy and Ultra Boy...or...), Storm Boy (of the Super Companions...or a Legion Reject who eventually joined during the 5YG) and Quantum King (I tried to do Quantum Queen but was unhappy with the result so opted to create a brother for her who joins the Legion while trying to determine what happened to his sister and the other Wanderers)

-  -  -  -

--------------------

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Last but not least before the 5YG, we met a group of young heroes that were in training for future Legion membership. As students of the Legion Academy, they were able to work on their skills in the hopes of eventually getting accepted into the Legion. I haven't done all of those we met as Academy students (yet [Big Grin] ) but here are those I have: Shadow Kid~Grev Mallor (not sure I like how he turned out but I've yet to redo him), Power Boy, Visi-Lad (actually, I created him as RTVU2 but I like how he came out so I decided to keep him as my version of VisiLad), and Comet Kid (this was supposed to be Comet Queen but I was less than thrilled with the results so he took her place in my Legion)

-  -  -  -

There are a few others I still want to do, including Lamprey, Nightwind, Westerner, & Crystal Kid. I'll post 'em when I make 'em! [Big Grin]

Next up....the Legion's enemies from the pre-boot. (Did you really think I wouldn't do them? [Big Grin] ) Then I'll finish up the rest of the Legionnaires I have from the post boot and 5YG.

[ August 14, 2005, 09:30 AM: Message edited by: Vee ]

--------------------

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.