Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Vee's Legion (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Vee's Legion
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Next we met Tasmia Mallor, Shadow Lass! She's always been one of my favorite female Legionnaires (though I never liked her paired with Mon. I'd love to see her and Val become a couple in this version or even her and Dirk!) And, yes, Tas is in desperate need of a cape IMHO.

-

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

To close out the Adventure Era, we finally get to see the first two graduates of the Legion Academy granted membership. (It would be a while before we saw any more.) First up Timber Wolf...

-

--------------------

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

...and the other is Chemical King. Most of you know that Condo is my favorite Legionnaire besides Mon. I've always felt that he never got a fair shot because most writers could not really understand just how powerful a catalyst could truely be. And, perhaps because of the codename he was given (Chemical King) many writers probably didn't see the difference between Condo and Jan.)

In any case, Condo is my main character on CoH (currently level 42 of a possible 50) and so he's had various costumes. I've posted them in the order in which the various costumes came into existence. You'll note that his classic look is the last. This is becasue I finally found a combination that I liked. (You'd think that such an simple costume would be easy, but I just didn't like the results until I did this version) That one non uniform version is what Suddenly Seymour calls the GoGo Boy look (Condo's casual and club hopping attire [Big Grin] )

-  -

-  -  -

[ August 07, 2005, 06:54 AM: Message edited by: Vee ]

--------------------

Vee
Still smoooooth!

That's it for now, but there are plenty more yet to be posted so stay tuned! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow. So cool. ^_^ The costumes you made are amazing!! It's fun times. [Big Grin]

[ August 07, 2005, 12:57 PM: Message edited by: Caliente ]

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Dang, Vee, I thought I had seen just about all of your Legion in-game, but it's bigger than I ever imagined. [Smile]

Great job on interpreting all the costumes.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
Vee, your files hosted at bellsouthpwp.net weren't showing up for me today and yesterday, for what it's worth. The whole Net, through my dial-up, has been sluggish for several days, though.
From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

quote:
Originally posted by Suddenly Seymour:
Dang, Vee, I thought I had seen just about all of your Legion in-game, but it's bigger than I ever imagined. [Smile]

Great job on interpreting all the costumes.

Seymour, you should have known I had many more since I have two accounts to play with [Big Grin]

[ August 07, 2005, 05:48 PM: Message edited by: Vee ]

--------------------

Vee
Still smoooooth!

quote:
Originally posted by Greybird:
Vee, your files hosted at bellsouthpwp.net weren't showing up for me today and yesterday, for what it's worth. The whole Net, through my dial-up, has been sluggish for several days, though.

Sorry to hear that Grey. I hadn't noticed a problem but they are in my cache of course. Hope it clears up for you, your brother (just how many brothers do you have? [Big Grin] ) makes an appearnce real soon! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Still not showing up for me, either.:7

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Dang! I'm sorry you can't see them Arachne, I just tried from my computer at work (which does not have them in its cache unlike the one at home) at they all came up fine for me. Don't know what could be causing the trouble.

--------------------

Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
Dawny and I just have one brother, Greatfire. (In boring, mundane "real life," I also have just one brother. Never the twain shall meet, as my bro Tim isn't a Legion fan.) 'Fire has sassy wings too. I'd love to see what look you'll have for him! ... if I heard you correctly!

Oh, and the CoH images are showing up today. They tend to be all of 'em or nothing, though. That suggests a server difficulty. You might check for Webspace-user error or down-age messages at BellSouth.

I hope you would consider doing what Loser and others have been helpful in doing, especially for those of us still with slower dial-up:

Try creating smaller, separate versions of your images, 200 to 250 pixels wide, and displaying those while also making them into links to the larger versions. (To do that uses an IMG tag for the smaller version's location, nested within a URL tag for the larger version's location.)

Using the THUMB tag, unfortunately, still loads the larger versions -- they're just resized by LegionWorld's server. That tag would at least shrink page width and length, though, if you aren't able to create separate, smaller thumbnails.

(By the way, I've mentioned this tactic in public to suggest it once again to all who may have been unaware of it, not just to Vee.)

[ August 08, 2005, 12:55 PM: Message edited by: Greybird ]

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

quote:
Originally posted by Greybird:
Dawny and I just have one brother, Greatfire. 'Fire has sassy wings too. I'd love to see what look you'll have for him! ... if I heard you correctly!

Hmmm...then this must be a cousin of yours named Star Tracker. [Big Grin]

Coming up next

[ August 08, 2005, 01:50 PM: Message edited by: Vee ]

--------------------

Vee
Still smoooooth!

The next group of 4 to join the Legion were the First of the Cockrum/Grell era. Wildfire, Dawnstar, Tyroc, and Blok were all very unique and quite different from the previous Legionniares.

Wildfire was fun to create and came out great (IMHO)

- Click here for a large version

Then there was Tyroc. I plan on redoing him as soon as the new CoH update hits the live server since they will be adding two new power sets, one being Sonics and the other Archery.

- Click here for a larger version

Next came Dawny but I really didn't like the way she turned out, so instead I opted to gender reverse and create a brother (turns out to be a cousin, I guess [Big Grin] ) named Star Tracker. As you can see, CoH still doesn't have wings availoable though I keep hearing that they are working on making them available. Maybe one of these days!

- Click here for larger version

And finally we had Blok, who started out as an unwitting viallain, but he soon realized that the Legion wasn't evil and he switched sides. Blok has been a lot of fun to play!

- Click here for larger version

****Edit: Something be very very wrong!!! [Frown]
Tried three different hosting services (My Netscape, Bellsouth, and ImageVenue) and only Blok seems to want to appear...even through the link! I'll see if I can't straighten it out.

[ August 08, 2005, 03:17 PM: Message edited by: Vee ]

--------------------

Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
I recommend photobucket. Works for me!! Or greatestjournal.com -- you can host things there too.

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.