Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » RAVES for Joe Boy's Who's Who Thread!!! (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: RAVES for Joe Boy's Who's Who Thread!!!
Lolita
His Girl Friday

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lolita           Edit/Delete Post     
That was bloody amazing, you know that, right? Bloody, bloody amazing. Not to mention some fascinating insight into an artists mind. As someone with nonexistant art skills, I can appreciate that, as well!!

Brilliantly done and I cannot wait to see what new things come from that mind of yours. Nothing but love Joe-Boy Harvester. [Love] [Smile]

From: Right by Cobie's Side | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Joe-Boy,

I can't wait to see more of your work.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
Love it, Joe Boy!

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com
Legion-Reference-File Lad

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Joe-Boy Harvestar:
Bicycle Repair Man {snip} I did do another version of a moustachioed gent in a brown overcoat, but it ended up looking like a dirty flasher one would happen upon in a park. So no overcoat.

Sounds like Ken Shabby, another one of Michael Palin's "Python" characters; so not entirely inappropriate. [Wink]

quote:
Leap Year Lass {snip} If someone is born on the 29th of February ... do they only get a birthday every 4 years?

Yes. Click Here For A SpoilerThis is a major plot point in The Pirates of Penzance.

--------------------
"Gee, Brainy, what do you want to do tonight?"
"The same thing we do every night, Bouncing Boy: try to take over the United Planets!!"
They're B.B. and The Brain ...

From: Monty Python's Flying Circus | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Marvel   Email Kid Marvel         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Stoopid Cat:
**Purr**

Joe Boy the art in that thread is fantastic and the boundless love and dedication you put in to creating those masterworks is almost enough to make me forgive you for not including me...

Almost...

<Silent Cat laughter>

I did! you're on page 5 or 6 [Smile]

--------------------
Remember : It's not technically a suckerpunch if you yell ''DEFEND YOURSELF SPROCKER!'' two seconds before you let him have it.

From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Marvel   Email Kid Marvel         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Stoopid Cat:
**Purr**

Joe Boy the art in that thread is fantastic and the boundless love and dedication you put in to creating those masterworks is almost enough to make me forgive you for not including me...

Almost...

<Silent Cat laughter>

I did! you're on page 5 or 6 [Smile]
Or I forgot to scan you in is the3 more likely answer

--------------------
Remember : It's not technically a suckerpunch if you yell ''DEFEND YOURSELF SPROCKER!'' two seconds before you let him have it.

From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PolarBoy
Drunk in 4 different threads

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PolarBoy   Email PolarBoy         Edit/Delete Post     
wow loate to the party like always but wow what a colosal undertaking. Love polar boys hood btw

--------------------
:polarboy:

From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Hey Joe Boy, just wanted to let you know that I saw all the posts you just put into your thread! I'm amazed by how prolific you are!

So, tell me about your Legion Academy. You have a LOT of students. Are these all characters who have been shown as students in the books?

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

quote:
Originally posted by Sketch Lad:
Hey Joe Boy, just wanted to let you know that I saw all the posts you just put into your thread! I'm amazed by how prolific you are!

So, tell me about your Legion Academy. You have a LOT of students. Are these all characters who have been shown as students in the books?

Thanks Dean [Smile] Thankfully my job invovles a lot of sitting around doing noithing in the wee hours of the morn so It gives me something to do [Razz]

Most of the Characters have made at least one appearence in the books, Some in another form (like Amethyst) and some in only one appearence (Like Spiderboy, who un-named only apeared in one panel of LOSH #105) and a couple who Ive just thrown in for a story idea that Ive had (Booster Gold and Rocket Red for example)

keep an eye for updates on the thread and Ill add story Ideas and that kinda thing when I get a chance [Smile]

J

--------------------

Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Love the Splitter! And you made Power Boy look not totally lame - a difficult task indeed!
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ultra lad
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ultra lad   Email ultra lad         Edit/Delete Post     
ilove your fanart the legionaires never look better thinking about making custom action figures using your art as templates hope to see your take of more legion characters like dragonmage computo tellus matter eater lad sensor girl or projectra
From: texas | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Yeah Joe Boy, have you actually depicted the whole Legion Proper? You have the Adventure Era, Cockrum/Grell Era, Giffen Era, 5 Year Gap, Reboot, ThreeBoot.

Bored at work? We'll take care of THAT!

(eek, I'm either really mean or really fun!) [Wink]

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

quote:
Originally posted by Sketch Lad:
Yeah Joe Boy, have you actually depicted the whole Legion Proper? You have the Adventure Era, Cockrum/Grell Era, Giffen Era, 5 Year Gap, Reboot, ThreeBoot.

Bored at work? We'll take care of THAT!

(eek, I'm either really mean or really fun!) [Wink]

How do you mean? every costume EVER or a group pic?

--------------------

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Well, I meant every costume ever, but that's why I said that'd be either mean or fun, depending on your perspective.

It just goes to show how much I/we like your artwork, Joe. I'd love to see every Legionnaire ever drawn by you! And I also love the idea of action figures made of them, in your style! I hope ultra lad really does that!

Here's my request: I'd love to see your depiction of the Legion in their Cockrum/Grell costumes.

If you feel like it.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Sure [Smile] I'll give it a burl.

--------------------

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.