Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » RAVES for Joe Boy's Who's Who Thread!!! (Page 8)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: RAVES for Joe Boy's Who's Who Thread!!!
Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Marvel   Email Kid Marvel         Edit/Delete Post     
AAAARGH! the list keeps growing! posting again soon.

--------------------
Remember : It's not technically a suckerpunch if you yell ''DEFEND YOURSELF SPROCKER!'' two seconds before you let him have it.

From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
You ain't seen nothing yet, Joey [Wink]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
So much fun, Joe-Boy Harvestar! I love it. Your drawings have always been good, but they seem to be getting even better.

I do have a note for you....Sk8maven was all about ice skating.

Um...sorry if this is a dumb question, but where are you getting all the names of the characters to draw? I should know, but I guess I'm busy with my own projects.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Oh yeah, Globe Girl *should* have larger globes, but maybe that's just when she uses her...gifts.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
The close up of Seth Gartera's face is really awesome (and obviously necessary, since it's completely unseeable with all the black on black in the full-body shots).

As usual, lots of great pictures. And lots of completely bizarre ones, also, as usual. [Smile]

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Joey, LOTS and LOTS of great stuff! Totally impressive, as usual! Its so cool to see the more obscure parts of LMB lore being drawn!

That is probably the best Space Tart costume I've ever seen.

He Who Wanders looks awesome! So cool to have a visual for him!

Many of those you drew were LMBers in years past that have since moved on, and we never got to see a visual for them. Its so cool to see it now.

I see you have Dr. Albert Hoffman--that's Cobalt Kid' arch-nemesis, who is indeed quite evil. But I like the trippy design, it fits the characters wackiness! Don't sweat the small details and just run with it! (There's really no way anyone other than someone posting in 2000, of which there are like six of us still, could know that Engine Joe was black, for example--so no worries, just let the creative juices flow!)

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Cool stuff! I can't wait to thieve it all for the Who's Who Directory [Wink]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow! First-ever images of HUGEMANBREASTS and BJ Boy! They look awesome! HMB in a Power Girl costume? [LOL] Hysterical! He's got some crazy eyes going, too!

Liking the new Hummer Lass image, too--first in a long time! Gorgeous! Wonder why she's floating? Going with a hummingbird motif maybe?

[ October 26, 2006, 12:12 PM: Message edited by: LARDLAD ]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
love the latest additions! I asked Liberty Monkey over for lunch the other day but he declined.
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Seth Gaterra
Last Son of Angtu

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Seth Gaterra   Email Seth Gaterra         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Set:
The close up of Seth Gartera's face is really awesome (and obviously necessary, since it's completely unseeable with all the black on black in the full-body shots).

I couldn't help what my mutations did to me. [Smile] But I am likewise impressed by Joe Boy's artistic skills... thank you once again!
Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
I couldn't help what my mutations did to me.
Dude, it's called Secondary Mutation, it's all the rage. You could turn into a cat. Or diamond. Or blue. Or a blue cat made out of diamond, with healing blood!
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I really didn't have a clear idea of what Openly Gay Lad would look like, so I especially like that one.

The interpretation of Rockhopper Lass is very imaginative. It complements the Rockhopper Lad picture very well. I like the details, especially the reverse Rockhopper crest.

I also really liked the rendition of Seth. Those are some of the best Joe-Boy pics ever!

Great stuff! Keep it up!

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Marvel   Email Kid Marvel         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sketch Lad:
So much fun, Joe-Boy Harvestar! I love it. Your drawings have always been good, but they seem to be getting even better.

I do have a note for you....Sk8maven was all about ice skating.

Um...sorry if this is a dumb question, but where are you getting all the names of the characters to draw? I should know, but I guess I'm busy with my own projects.

Ice Skating...whoops. Ill redo her I guess [Razz]
I got the ideas for some of the more obscure characters from the LMBP : continuity thread that I found while looking for references to someone. I think Kbern kid - whose costume I stole off one of your sketches. (sorry [Razz] )
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:

That is probably the best Space Tart costume I've ever seen.

thanks [Smile] its supposed to match the hummer lass costume - its the same costume just in a different colour scheme.

Engine Joe was black? dang...Ill have to try another version. Maybe a "Son of the Eagle" kinda deal. Black hawkman maybe?
quote:
Originally posted by Spellbinder:
Cool stuff! I can't wait to thieve it all for the Who's Who Directory [Wink]

Feel Free [Smile] Im intending to complete the entire list - though I may need a few pointers for some of the characters. Ill PM you at some point [Smile]
quote:
Originally posted by LARDLAD:
Wow! First-ever images of HUGEMANBREASTS and BJ Boy! They look awesome! HMB in a Power Girl costume? [LOL] Hysterical! He's got some crazy eyes going, too!

Liking the new Hummer Lass image, too--first in a long time! Gorgeous! Wonder why she's floating? Going with a hummingbird motif maybe?

I was going for a bizarro kinda deal with Hugh - Though I may redo it to add in a beard. I like the power girl thing though. Hummer Lass was originally going to be standing on a Hummer but I got over that idea...hence the floating.

Anyway...thanks for looking. Ill be posting again soon [tease]

--------------------
Remember : It's not technically a suckerpunch if you yell ''DEFEND YOURSELF SPROCKER!'' two seconds before you let him have it.

From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

Awkward Pause Dude's chest symbol being an ellipse? Comedy gold.
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Another batch of AWESOME additions! Comedy gold like Set says, combined with sexiness and creative color schemes and costumes!

Some of my new faves:

New Spellbinder pic - Hot!

Turns You Into a Country Fred - brillant!

Worthless Girl - Hot!

Bowells Bursting Boy - I literally started to laugh out loud. Priceless! A hero with a shit symbol on his chest!

Absolute Lee - Hot! Another character in LMB history that has slepped with Cobalt Kid! [Big Grin]

Anti-Moderator - Awesome to finally see him in a costume! Possibly my new fave!

Britney Spears! Priceless! Most people won't realize that she was once an alt ID used by Paul MacNeil (aka Looks that Kill Lad) back in the LMB's first year.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.