Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Comic Book Cover Girl Discussion Thread (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Comic Book Cover Girl Discussion Thread
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I second (if that means anything)

Dawn Allen
Kono (oops, that's a third I think)
Calorie Queen
Tinya

and of my own choosing....

Rockfish

(you thought I was going to say "Eye Thingy," didn't you?)

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, yes, Celeste Rockfish would be great.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Quicksand
Saturn Girl
Duo Damsel
Phantom Girl

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
Exotics:
Quicksand
White Witch (Levitz Era)

Redhead:
Kinetix (Early 2boot)

Brunette:
Shinking Violet (Cockrum)

Blonde:
Thunder

--------------------
"Gee, Brainy, what do you want to do tonight?"
"The same thing we do every night, Bouncing Boy: try to take over the United Planets!!"
They're B.B. and The Brain ...

From: Monty Python's Flying Circus | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Okay,

Phantom Girl
White Witch
Princess Projectra

are all in...

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Three have been chosen, by majority. I will choose the other two, based on popularity and diversity.

The last two are:

Charma
and
Sade

So, the five for the next challenge are:

Princess Projectra
Phantom Girl
White Witch
Charma
Sade

Stay tuned for this competition...

[ March 17, 2007, 06:14 AM: Message edited by: Sketch Lad ]

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
That's a fun 5! Will Charma's man-controlling cat Titters make an appearance? Or will the other four contestants put Titters in a polymer space-trashbag and drown her first?!? (Charma too, now that I think of it!)

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Sketch Lad
Advisor

The first challenge is posted. Please name the cover girl you wish to REJECT!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Jeckie is amazing!

As is the White Witch. Both are safe or should be.

Phantom Girl may be a bit too sweet. Sade may be a bit too surly. Charma may be a bit too helpless.

Surly wins out over sweet and helpless for me. Sade is safe!

Sweet or helpless? Hmmmm... who to vote out?

*Acck!* What's that weird light-halo beaming from Charma's head? [Charma] Suddenly, I'm filled with the urge to protect her at all costs and gve her all my stuff!

PHANTOM GIRL OUT!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
I vote to reject Phantom Girl.

Excellent job, Dean! As I was going through the pictures I was worried I wouldn't be able to vote anyone out. Charma and Mysa are best, in my opinion. Jeckie is excellent, too. I think Sade would look better without her cowl thingie, though.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Insomniac Girl
Super-Space-Ditz

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Insomniac Girl   Email Insomniac Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
Charma: Argh! How I hate her, her radiant complexion and her beautiful ringlets!

Projectra: Cool, calm blue makes her look like so much more than us mere mortals could ever hope to achieve. I like her slightly calculating gaze. She's just too good for us.

Mysa: The red-and-white contrast is indeed very nice. Just don't know what to make of her expression, though. She looks... empty.

Sade: What attitude. She won't let anyone get away with anything. Tough is awesome.

Tinya: Aw, lurve the pigtails and her mischievous expression. Wonderful.

Vote out Charma Charma Charma Mysa.

Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Charma: Beautiful! Nothing special, but a nice pic.

Projectra: The picture of royal grace and elegance!

Sade: The whole tough girl/attitude thing doesn't really do it for me.

Phantom Girl: Not the best picture of her, but I'm still groovin' to it.

SADE OUT!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dain   Email Dain         Edit/Delete Post     
A lot of gorgeous girls again! Sketchy is really spoiling us with all those beauties! [Smile]
I love the sidestory of the judges. I see Sarya really liked the "witchy" designs from the previous contest. She liked Gas Girl's sorceress outfit (I'm sure Sarya'd become fast friends with Maleficent) and had the fashion designer whip up something for her too! She did say she wanted to meet him, didn't she? [Big Grin]

As for the contestants.

Charma is wonderful and in Grell's style. Innocent looking with a certain glint in her eyes that betrays her real motives.

Projectra is stunning. What a beauty!! Regal and elegant, slightly standoff-ish, self-assured with a touch of impertinence.

Ah, Mysa! Ethereal, magical, mysterious, she knows secrets she won't reveal. Her mask-like face hides what lies on the inside.

Sade. Uncomfortable, almost defensive. Beautiful sketch though and right on target as far as Sade's character is concerned.

Tinya. Sweet and naughty at the same time. A pixie-like glint in her eyes. The lady sees something funny and is considering commenting on what she sees. Or maybe she won't.

Reject: Sade.

[ March 18, 2007, 06:45 PM: Message edited by: Dain ]

From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
PERIODICAL PULCHRITUDE

I'm judging by the following criteria: Can I see this holo as a magazine cover?

On newsstands now:

Phantom Girl. ABSOLUTELY. This could be on the cover of a top-selling women's magazines or one of the more quirky ones.

White Witch. YES. More likely to grace the cover of one of the "avant garde" (or trying to be) art publications. Heavier paper, heftier price, you know the type.

Maybe.

Princess Projectra. But I see this more as one of the pics that accompany the article inside.

Probably not.

Charma. A fine portrait, but a cover? Not so much.

OUT:

Sade.
Like Charma's, doesn't speak COVER. The cowl-thingie, oy, it's got to go! Other than the fact that I don't like it, its white color against the white background doesn't work for me. Sade is an action type o'gal, so a posed head & shoulders holo isn't likely to do her justice.

Sketch Lad
Advisor

I have the next couple of challenges planned, I just need to know who's gonna be in them.

Current results:

Sade 3 votes
PG 2 votes
Mysa 1 vote

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.