Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Comic Book Cover Girl Discussion Thread (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Comic Book Cover Girl Discussion Thread
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Are all beautifully done, but you may add one more vote to reject Sade.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Charma does nothing for me. I have a willpower of steel.

Princess Projectra is gorgeous. My absolute favorite here. She's prettier than Dream Girl in this picture, and that's darn near impossible.

White Witch is my second favorite. Very effective use of contrast, but I fear that it won't be enough to carry her through multiple challenges alone...

Phantom Girl is cute. I'm not a huge fan of cute, but she's more cover-worthy than Charma.

Sade also has some effective (if more subtle) contrast, thanks to her lovely eyes. Again, she smacks that space-hussy Charma to the curb.

Vote to squeeze (out) the Charma.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Sade 4
PG 2
Mysa 1
Charma 1

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
I should hate Charma, but maybe her powers are turned off. So I'll reject Phantom Girl, because I never liked those pigtails.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Marvel   Email Kid Marvel         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
I should hate Charma, but maybe her powers are turned off. So I'll reject Phantom Girl, because I never liked those pigtails.

seconded

--------------------
Remember : It's not technically a suckerpunch if you yell ''DEFEND YOURSELF SPROCKER!'' two seconds before you let him have it.

From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
All very nice.

I vote to reject Princess Projectra. I like her better with short hair.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Phantom Girl and Sade were tied, but I need to move to the next round, so I broke the tie. Sade's out!

The next challenge involves a little role-playing. Stay tuned!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
It can be hard to separate what you think about a character from years of reading the LSH and their effectiveness in these competitions. For instance, I never liked Charma or Sade at all, but I think their pics here are superior to two of the official Legionnaires.

Charma-- she looks a bit like the straight-laced librarian who just took off her glasses and is about to *really* 'let her hair down'. I like that.

Princess Projectra-- doesn't really look like herself. I agree with Quislet. I prefer the short hair. Or the mid-length very curly do we first saw her with after she was revealed as Sensor Girl.

White Witch-- very moody and evocative. Perfect example of 'casting a spell' (Ha!) But now that the red/white card's been played, what will Mysa have to offer? I look forward to finding out. I'm guessing there's some strawberry blonde in her and our future?

Phantom Girl-- Tinya's always (well, almost always) exuded that 'girl next door' appeal. She does that here with a fun sense of mischief in her eyes and the lift of one of her eyebrows.

Sade-- I like the challenge in her facial expression. She's either about to burst into a tirade, a burst of laughter, a naughty comeback or song!

I would've voted out Jeckie, I think, but I missed the 'deadline'. These competitions are a bit like Musical Chairs, for the voters. That's part of the fun, though.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sketch Lad:
I have the next couple of challenges planned, I just need to know who's gonna be in them.

Whatever the challenges are, I'm campaigning to get Insect Queen and Quicksand in. I've a hankerin' to see those gals after a looooong drought.

Unless the competition is 'Space Hunk' or something. Even then, Quicksand might make it in...

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh No! I LOVED the Sade cover. Very runway attitude and just gorgeous Sketch. Probably for the best to get rid of those green eyes. EE was getting ideas however there may be more than one player here...

WW's throat jewel looks familiar. Anyone else feeling like taking over the world?

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

I know the voting can seem kinda hectic. I'm hesitant to try and *schedule* the poll closings, because I work on this stuff at all different times, fitting it in when I can. ML, I appreciate you saying that it's part of the fun. I don't mean to exclude anyone.

BB, I don't know the "taking over the world" reference.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
The next challenge involves a little role-playing. Stay tuned!
[blink, blink] Role-playing? Will it involve safety words?

Or that other kind of role-playing involving attacks of opportunity?

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Reject: Princess Projectra. Again, the long hair isn't doing it for me.

Tinya looked very sleek and sexy.

Mysa looked creepy, but as a vampire, that look works.

Charma looked dangerous.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

PROJECTRA: Somehow, I think a mistress of illusion would project more mood into this kind of subject. Then again, would her powers 'holograph'? And would it be fair if they did?

I'll bet Jeckie could be 'difficult' for designers of sets, costumes, and lighting to work with (though the image of her judging a show like TOP DESIGN or DESIGN STAR is tantalizing...)

Anyway, something about her face doesn't work for me, though for *this* subject, I like the long hair.

PHANTOM GIRL: It's all about the expression. I like her eyes glancing sideways at as, again with a twinkle of mischief. And, of course, what goes better with vampires than ghosts?

MYSA: Maybe witches. She's going with 'less is more' here... it's possible Mysa even knows some vampires and doesn't want to buy into the stereotype?

This would have been a chance for her to use some black in her photo... to play off the pallor of her skin and the redness of her eyes, lips...

CHARMA: She's certainly relishing the energy of the theme. Y'know, she has a bit of an advantage, since she's sort of like a vampire, isn't she? Except for the drinking blood thing (that we know of, anyway).

I vote out... Jeckie. If I picked a winner, it'd have to be a tie between Tinya and Charma.

Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm voting off Projectra.
From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.