Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Comic Book Cover Girl Discussion Thread (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Comic Book Cover Girl Discussion Thread
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
That's three votes to reject Projectra.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm voting Mysa
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dain   Email Dain         Edit/Delete Post     
Hmmm, how does one decide in this challenge? "Good-looking", "scary looking" "most in character", "most out of character but good as a vampire"? Or a combination of the above?

Projectra: Not very scary but she's got "character".

Tinya: Not scary at all really, but beautiful. She could be a vampire hunter who's a vampire herself.

Mysa: Now *that* is scary and out of "character" which means great as role-playing!!

Charma: Wild! You can almost hear her hissing!

Reject Projectra.

From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
Tinya rocked in this challenge, she looks beautiful. Charma, too, I like the dangerousness of her portrait. Mysa...well, I don't know. Iffy. Same for Projectra.

A tough decision between Mysa and Jeckie, I don't really want to see either of them go.

But it looks like there's already a majority voting against Jeckie.

I vote to reject Projectra

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I'll vote Projectra as well. Unfortunately, this just wasn't a challenge she was particularly suited for.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
VAMPS

Come in

Phantom Girl. She's a vamp all right, but is she the kissing kind or the biting kind? What do you mean, you hope she does both?

Charma. It's very clear what this maneater's gonna do.

Stay out on the porch

White Witch. She looks messed up, like it'll be another 45 minutes before the dental anesthesia wears off.

Princess Projectra. Deeply, deeply unflattering angle; her chin disappeared. I doubt Princess P. is going to stand for this. Be prepared for a very high-level government sentient to come confiscate this holo. (Orando might be gone, but PP no doubt has connections she can use for just such important matters.)

OUT:

PRINCESS PROJECTRA

PS: I saw you there vampin' a little, Mister Hate Face!

Dain
Active

quote:
White Witch. She looks messed up, like it'll be another 45 minutes before the dental anesthesia wears off.
So that's why I found Mysa so scary. I finished a 2-month torture at my dentist's only a couple of weeks ago. [Big Grin]

I agree about Jeckie. She could have been an old-fashioned regal vampiress but that angle was unflattering.

From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sketch Lad:
I know the voting can seem kinda hectic.

Please keep doing what your doing exactly as you're doing it. This couldn't be any better!

Projectra: I'm not scared of you, your heart's not in it.

Tinya: Bite Me! Please?

White Witch: Got a Sissy Spacek thing going on here.

Charma: Mommy Help!!!!

Mysa's no vampire. Rejected!

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

That was fun! Farewell to Jecky. Y'know, she hasn't done well in these Pinup Model competitions. I've considered starting a thread just for her to show the real her.

The top three competition is coming soon.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Oop. I missed it. Lazy me. I woulda voted against Projectra anyway. She started out strong, but the woman is *hopeless* without a reflection, apparently...
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

The top three challenge is posted! Name your reject...

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Charma and Mysa rocked the coloring. Gotta agree, what *doesn't* look good on Mysa?

Tinya, sadly, did not. Sorry PG!

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I think Tinya is the best of the group.

Charma looks good, although sad.

The color difference in Mysa is jarring and not so pleasing.

Reject: Mysa

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
None of these blew me away like in the last challenge (though I didn't have time to vote). However, of the three, I'd say Charma is the weakest. I just don't feel like her make-up design suits her as well as the other two.

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

All three eye-mask designs are beautiful and so are the girls. I loved them all. They remind me of my favorite Legion era, when Infectious Lass first appeared and eye decorations were quite popular in the 2970s.
Sketchy brought them up to date, though.

I agree with Marte. Charma's design looks natural on her, and Mysa's (wonderful portrait, btw) is magical and pretty and the colors make the rest of her look even more ethereal.

I like Tinya's design but something doesn't look quite right. Maybe it's the straight hairdo that clashes with the irregular design? Can't decide. As a drawing it's stunning though!

I guess I'll have to reject Tinya.

quote:
Imra: Mysa can do no wrong! What wouldn't look good on her?
Sarya: My fist? Wait, no... my fist would be an improvement!

[LOL]
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.