Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Freaks and Geeks Discussion Thread (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10   
Author Topic: Freaks and Geeks Discussion Thread
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
1. Er, I guess Myron Marks, because I can't remember too much about him!

2. Probably Grinn, b/c he's a mass murderer. But that doesn't mean I want that Weirdo Legionnaire near my baby sis!

3. I'm looking at you Weirdo Legionnaire! Lu was looking goooOOOOooood, but that's enough for you! But could you help me fold my clothes?

I've got to say, the Double-Header pin-up for the first time made me want to be Double-Header! [Big Grin]

I think I'd probably vote off Weirdo Legionnaire at this point if we were doing the old voting system...(I'm a fan of Grinn to be honest [Big Grin] )

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
1. Double-Header. He seems to be meditative and collected, which is better than the alternatives on offer. Marks doesn't seem to be interested in his date at all (is he really straight?). The Weirdo Legionnaire seems too... lustful. Grinn is actually quite cute, he would have been my second choice. But, like Cobie, I can't get away from the fact that he's a mass murderer and all.

2. Marks should get away from her. It would be better for both of them, in the long run.

3. Marks, again.

But my favourite picture is Grinn's.

And I must say, the judges just keep getting better and better. That 'guest' appearance by Infectious Lass really had me laughing.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
1. Which of the male models would you most like to have as a brother-in-law?

Myron Marks

2. Which of the male models do you want to get away from her, RIGHT NOW!?!

Grinn

3. Which of these pinups made you think about the laundry you have in the washer that needs to be moved to the dryer?

Wierdo Legionnaire

The picture I like the best was Double-Header's. He looks so serene.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm not sure what happened to my post containing the survey instructions, but things are going fine.

The idea is to think of any of the girls shown in these pinups as if she were your little sister. Then answer the questions accordingly.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

So far...

1. Brother in law?
Myron has the most votes.

2. Get away!
Grinn has the most votes.

3. Hmm...laundry!
Weirdo reminds us most of that.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sketch Lad:

Grinn-- acting on the theory that having a mass murderer in my family means I wouldn't become his victim when he finds out I didn't vote for him.

Grinn and Eyeful Ethel. Well, it's a step up from Tusker...

quote:

Myron Marks. Because it's just so sad that Lana forgot to put her contacts in this morning and she thinks that's Clark for whom she's puckering up.

And because it looks like he's wearing a STAR TREK Captain Kirk shirt.

quote:

3. Which of these pinups made you think about the laundry you have in the washer that needs to be moved to the dryer?

Uh- *how* did you know? I'm a little creeped out now...

I'll say Double Header, but only because my washer's in the basement and it can get a tad... humid... down there from time to time.

I wonder what the criteria will be for getting voted off this time? Fewest responses in any category?

Will the Legion lady back-up models be included in future rounds? The winner of each round can have the option to choose from among them, with the last one chosen eliminated--- like it's done on the fashion design show on Bravo, with designers choosing models.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Double Header.

Weirdo, three at once? That's just indecent.

Myron, Fishing is so dull.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dain   Email Dain         Edit/Delete Post     

Myron Marks

Grinn

Weirdo

The coloring is beautiful in all pinups. Love the comments as always, and toon-Dru was a nice surprise!

From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I was having a hard time deciding these last night, so my bf made the choices. Here's what he had to say, keeping in mind the whole 'sister' theme:

(disclaimer: he is not a Legion or comics fan whatsoever)

MYRON MARKS. He liked the general all-space-American aspect of the image.

WEIRDO LEGIONNAIRE. He felt there was too much potential for perverse acts here!

GRINN. This was the image he remembered last while deciding. And he thought Grinn's lips were growing from the goat's butt.

Personally, I think I would have remembered lips growing from a goat's butt!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
1. Grinn-- I don't really know why...
2. Weirdo Legionnaire-- Perv!
3. Double Header-- He's clearly in the same predicament!

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

The surveys submitted so far have been noted.

I will be away from the computer a lot Sat-Wed, so there won't be much activity until after that. So please continue to fill out the surveys and I'll tabulate all the data when I get back.

The challenge for the top three has been all figured out, except for who will actually be in it! It'll be fun.

See ya next week!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey sketchy...I don't really have time to be voting right now, but I've checked out the art threads and I have to say this Sapce-Rawks!!!
From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Hey everyone, I'm back! Well, there were no surveys added since my last post, so the reject is chosen.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Mystery Lad was on to me when he asked about the criteria for rejection. Yes, it was indeed the contestant who received the least number of responses to any of the survey questions, and that was Double Header. However, it was a very close vote.

Thank you to everyone who participated.

The next challenge is mostly pencilled. Details left to add, then scanning, coloring and lettering to do.

I'm sure I mentioned that this one would take a while longer for me to produce (RL!) and that sure seems to be true, huh?

It's still fun, though!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
I like how you're mixin' it up!
  This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.