Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Deb Discussions (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Deb Discussions
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
 -

[ May 22, 2007, 04:13 AM: Message edited by: Sketch Lad ]

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Willl we just be seeing the girls in their stunning dresses? Or will we also see the boys looking all dashing and handsome in their tuxedos?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
I messaged the host herself, and here is Miss Aandraison's reply:

Thank you for your kind inquiry, Mr. Quislet, Esquire. This exhibition will cherche les jeunes femmes. That does tend to draw in les jeunes hommes, but will they appear in the holos? All will be revealed soon!

Sincerely yours,
[Rainbow Girl]

Sketch Lad
Advisor

So now you've seen who will be included in this newest competition.

"The Debutante Ball" is a production of The Legionverse's Search for the Next Top Pinup Model. As Rainbow Girl said, the Debs have graciously allowed Pinup Models, Inc. holocams into their universe. The upcoming contest blends the two worlds.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

I want to thank Legion World's own Thriftshop Debutante, who is a major contributor to this production. Teeds has personally chosen all of the hosts, judges, and contestants. She has supplied a lot of the verbiage you've read so far. This is a true collaboration. I mean, she *is* a debutante, right? She ought to know!

The fun part is, she has never seen any of the imagery. All the "holos" will be new to her, too.

The first challenge is coming along nicely. Teeds provided LOTS of ideas for what could be made into challenges. The pencilling is done, but the scanning, coloring and lettering are yet to be completed.

So check back often! This ought to be a lot of fun!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Hunt Drouin
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hunt Drouin   Email Hunt Drouin         Edit/Delete Post     
I feel unworthy of being a Legionworlder. Who are Somi and Xenn? At least I know everyone else...whew!
From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Xenn is from...Xenn. (Maybe her parents were space-hippies too?) We saw her when she was younger.

Somi Gan is Life Lass of the Heroes of Lallor.

Jenni Ognats is XS.

Sussa Paka is Spider Girl.

Stiletta is Stiletta. (Her dad is Evillo.)

[Xennians] [Life Lass] [XS] [Spider Girl] [Stiletta]

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Three of the pinups are done!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Heh! Thanks for answering HD's question, Teeds!

I wouldn't have expected anyone to remember Xenn. Sometimes I take liberties and give obscure characters names. I try to be sure the name I bestow has something to do with what we've seen. Xenn is from Xenn. Good enough for me, and I think it's cute!

Now Somi... every LWer should know who Somi is!!!!

Just kidding! She's one of many, many raven haired caucasian girls in Legion history.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
XENN for the WIN!!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Sketch Lad
Advisor

The pinups are all done. Now I just have to finish the judges' commentary and some extras.

I'll probably be posting in a couple more days.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Hunt Drouin
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hunt Drouin   Email Hunt Drouin         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks all! I can't believe I didn't know Life Lass' real name...duh.
From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

The Ranzz Family was kind enough to host each of the Debs' families for picnics all over the Lightning Ring Vineyard and the holo cams were whirring!

So, what do you think of said holos? Which Deb need not bother submit her holos from the next event?

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Crap! I love them all!

Alright... I guess I'll vote out Sussa...

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

DEBS: ALL DAY & ALL NIGHT

JENNI. Classic. Charming. Leave it to an Allen to have cute feet, and I'm not even talking about those excellent sandals. (The boys: Cos, Mon, Magno?)

SOMI. A Silver Age-style sweet/fun holo! She looks like she's enjoying her floaty dress. Best backup boys! Get down, Evolvo!

SUSSA. Hands down, the most gorgeous dress. I love the silvery webbing with the textured, slighty toned down (from her usual) green.

XENN. This is just lovely. Is this lass hologenic or what? PS to Tab: Xenn is, in comparison to the the others, wide-eyed literally -- but figuratively? It's hard not to see Dirk for what he is. (Plus she's met him before.)

STILETTA. Yeah, girl! I agree completely with Tab & Thora. (She may be partyin' a little too hard for ol' Chet there, though.)

Ji looks smashing. That yellow with her coloring --!! And what fine (dance) company she keeps.

[ May 25, 2007, 05:46 PM: Message edited by: Thriftshop Debutante ]

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.