Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » First Come, First Served Discussion Thread (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: First Come, First Served Discussion Thread
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Welcome to the first Holo Model competition in its second year of business!

This is going to be a little different. We need 5 female contestants and 5 male contestants. There will be a winner for each gender. However, there will not be nominations then votes. I would like the spots filled in by the next ten posters.

You may choose any Legion character you want, an actual Legionnaire, a villain, a supporting cast member, an obscure sentient. They can be new to Holo Model competitions or a previous contestant, judge, host.

However, once a character has been chosen, they are locked in. No one else can choose that character. If we get five women named right away, we have to move on to fill in the five men.

ALSO....

Describe your character's holo in detail. Are there props or guest stars? What is the setting? What is your character wearing? Is it windy? Rainy? Is there a meteor shower? Etc....

This is going to be a quick contest. We will go from 5 of each gender to 2 of each. There will be a vote for the top 2, not a process of elimination. The top 4 contestants will have close-up portraits done and the winner will be determined by public vote.

If there are any questions, please ask away, just remember, there are only 10 spots. Think fast, but think creatively.

Oh, and let's have some fun!

[ October 10, 2007, 03:45 AM: Message edited by: Sketch Lad ]

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

I get to go first!!!!

I have been trying to get Laurel Kent into one of these things for a LONG time, and by damn, this is my chance!

My Champion is Laurel Kent. I would like to see her in her skimpy Giffen outfit, with the shorter hair. I'd like to see her standing in hot lava, with weird rock formations around her.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Okay, now we need 4 more women and 5 men.....

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, so many choices... ahhh! This is so hard! ><

Okay, well, my instinct was to go with my boy Cos or Dream Girl because I do so love them. Or XS. She's my girl!

But y'know what I thought of when I saw this? There's this comic I read once that had Vril Dox shirtless and sexy as he gardened. I'm not sure if he's truly eligible 'cause he's from the 100 years past but, if he is, I pick him.

I'd definitely want to see him shirtless (yay!) and in something simple like jeans. I liked him with his blond bangs and, just for posterity, I'd vote to have him working up a sweat in the garden again.

If he's not eligible, though, I totally understand. I just thought I'd give it a shot, since he was in L.E.G.I.O.N. and, like, Brainy's ancestor. But, uh.. yeah. Yay for the new challenge, Dean!

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Sure he counts! Plus, as first responder, you deserve whatever you'd like. [Smile]

I only own like two L.E.G.I.O.N. books, so I don't really know those characters well, but I'll do my best with you holo.

So, now we need 4 more ladies nd 4 more gentlesentients.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

So far...
Females:
Laurel Kent
?
?
?
?

Males:
Vril Dox
?
?
?
?

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Do you *really* want to...stop at Sid's Soy Satellite when Comet Queen's working the fly-through window?
No, but I'm choosing this for the Holo Model show!
Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
And the third contestant is...

Blok!

I'd like to see him fighting on the ocean floor (obviously well grounded, i.e. not really swimming), surrounded by alien-looking aquatic creatures

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's the picture of Vril I was thinking of (to help your creative juices):
Click for fullsize image
Courtesy of Showcase '96 #11 [Smile]

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Grev Mallor, Shadow Kid. In between the young Legion Academy version and the mohawked older one. He's on Talok VIII, in the arid mountains, at evening/sun very low (long shadows), with the walled city far behind him. It's cold, so he has a cape - and rough ground, so he's carrying a staff - or is it an arcane object from Talok's past? He's waiting for Lady Memory - whether for a rematch or a truce, time will tell.

I chose Grev because, in his early, youthful appearances, he always seemed to be the bumbler - and perhaps this could be his opportunity to shine. Also, I like blue skin!

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Animal Lad-- in front of a fire at night wearing a loincloth, vest and moccasins. There's a big totem pole (ahem) with the familiar hawk, bear, wolf totems-- as well as a couple of alien animal spirit guides represented.

A.L. holds a spear, not in a threatening way-- but as a pointing/choosing/declaring device.

There's wind lifting his hair. At first, I thought maybe he'd be on Starhaven, but instead I think it should be a simple forest. Also around the campfire are seated sentients-- with animal-spirit 'overlays' above/around/within them suggesting the presence of their totem spirits.

The mood is serious-- that of a primeval ritual updated with extraterrestials and technology.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Females:
1.Laurel Kent w/lava & rocks
2.Comet Queen at fly-through window at Sid's Soy Satellite
3.?
4.?
5.?

Males:
1.Vril Dox gardening
2.Blok on the ocean floor, surrounded by sea creaturess
3.Shadow Kid in the desert, with staff
4.Animal Lad during primeval ritual
5.?

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

We need 1 more male contestant and 3 more females...

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
I chose Grev because, in his early, youthful appearances, he always seemed to be the bumbler - and perhaps this could be his opportunity to shine. Also, I like blue skin!

FC, you do know that he was in the first Male Model competition, don't you?
http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=000698

That doesn't mean he's disqualified from this one, I just wanted to be sure you saw the blue eye candy in that thread.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
What about Xs in a rare moment of inactivity? [Smile]

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.