Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » First Come, First Served Discussion Thread (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: First Come, First Served Discussion Thread
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Gotta go with COMET QUEEN and ANIMAL LAD for the final.

Blok was a VERY close pick, though.

I never got over the trauma induced by that evil baby in R.E.B.E.L.S.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
COMET QUEEN! Grava just wants to have space-fun!

ANIMAL LAD!

I liked Blok too, but Vril was doomed (in terms of getting my vote) from the get-go because his "family" dynamics skeeve me out.

Someone's having a little costuming fun with Miss Xenn...

Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
ANIMAL LAD and BLOK for me.

I like that Animal Lad looks slightly melancholy or pensive rather than the more obvious narcissistic expression that the scenario might evoke.

Like he's wondering why that blue aura that revealed his goodness kept him from becoming a Legionnaire.

Blok looks like a big ol' lug who learned everything he knows about kissing from a holo. The darker coloring for him works against White Witch.

I just don't really like Comet Queen, I'm afraid. The first pic was cute and made me think there was something there I'd enjoy, but two rounds weren't enough to change my preconceptions.

Vril Dox-- too much chin and he's upstaged by that baby (just like in L.E.G.I.O.N).

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Awesome! Instant feedback! Thank you!

3 votes for Animal Lad
2 votes for Comet Queen
1 vote for Blok
0 votes for Vril Dox

Polls will remain open for a couple of days... or until it's clear who the top two are. I reserve my opinions/votes for tie-breaking.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Must vote for Dox! You nailed his arrogance. I just know he's up to something with that innocent-looking little rotter Lyrl.

Second vote goes to Animal Lad, partly for his serious expression but also for the reflection of the text.

Nice to see that golden Shadow Lass costume on Xenn. I don't think it ever got used in an actual story.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
IIRC, Shady's golden outfit (as well as awful costumes for Val and Jeckie) were featured for one of the ACTION back-up tales, the one where 2 disembodied lover-entities enter other sentients to beat the crap out of each other.

Good eye... I of course recognized Xenn in Tinya's outfit (the white on baby-blue is FAB!) but didn't catch that as Shady's one-off outfit until you posted it!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Dain
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dain   Email Dain         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow!! I have never seen Mysa and Blok so...so sensual and attracted to each other, and Comet Queen was my choice for this part of the contest so my votes go to:

Comet Queen and
Blok

Thanks again, Sketchy!

From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, they were all great, Sketchy!

For some reason I wasn't feeling Animal Lad. And I felt like Comet Queen didn't own the picture. I found myself looking at the girls behind her a bit more.

So, I've gotta vote for Vril because I [Love] the expression on his face. And the baby. Tee hee. And Blok. He just looked so... feeling. That's impressive for a hunk of rock.

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Animal Lad 4 votes
Blok and Comet Queen 3 votes each
Dox 2 votes

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Language Arts Dave
searching...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Language Arts Dave   Email Language Arts Dave         Edit/Delete Post     
I loved what you did witrh Blok sketchy, in fact, I've been thinking about finding a new avater lately and think it would be really cool to use your drawing if at all possible.

I liked Comet queen's expression, and Animal Lad was nice, but the I have to vote for the Dox family. As FC says, you nailed the dynamic, and what really pushed it over the top for me was the look on Stealth's face.

Officially, BLOK and VRIL,

Great Job, Sketchy.

--------------------
All you need is Love (and a whole big bucket of Money).

From: Lost in the Ozone Again | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
Nice! My favorite is Blok as well. I really like this acid-washed version better. Lovely contrast with Mysa.

And...Animal Man. Funny, I don't know anything about the character, but there you go. I can't really tell what he's thinking, looking at himself like that.

I'm just not a fan of CQ, I'm afraid. As for Vril, I agree, he was upstaged by his family.

Blok and Animal Man

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
My choices for the final two: Comet Queen & Vril Dox

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Sorry Quis, your choices didn't make it!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Blok and Animal Lad are our finalists!

First come, first served!!!!

The next poster gets to direct what either Blok's or Animal Lad's holo is like. The second poster gets to determine the unchosen one's holo.

Here's the idea...

Blok and Animal Lad are standing out in a crowd (2 separate crowds, that is). Please tell me the whos whats whys and wheres.

GO!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Cathartic memory time-- Animal Lad's standing in a crowd of would-be Legionnaires at an early tryout. Except he's noticeably older (but not *too* much so) than the rest of them. His facial expression is a mixture of amusement and regret.

There's a few animals running about and the crowd is reacting to them (some comically). A.L.'s used his power, but isn't trying to control the people-made-beasts.

The old-style LSH HQ is in the background. I'm thinking there's a blue glow around A.L.-- but now there's some streaks of darkness in it.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.