Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » First Come, First Served Discussion Thread (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: First Come, First Served Discussion Thread
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Eight! But that's it for tonight.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Woo!! [Cheerleader Lass] Can't wait to see Vril!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Nine!

Nine fabulous holos!! HAHAHAHAHAH!

[Thunder]

[Lightning Lad]

Soon, they'll all be done and the contest will begin!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 8 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
The wait has been excruciating!

Forgive me if it seems I am complaining, I'm really not... just SUPER-excited!

It's been so long since we've had modelly fun, it seems like...!

Can't wait to see Q-Queen flying in the beauty of outer space, as imagined by Dean Lee!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Thanks for saying that Lash! It's time!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

First come... first served! Get 'em while they're hot! The first round of holos has been posted.

Notice that Xenn's verbiage has changed... rather than picking your top choices, please rate the ten holos from least favorite (#10) to most favorite (#1).

Tabulations will be made, a winner will be chosen.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
FIRST COMMENTED

1. Quantum Queen. I'm not surprised at all. FAVORITE.

2. Blok. Happy Blok! Awww.

3. Comet Queen. Hey, who's that in the back seat? V & G?

4. Grev Mallor. Not my favorite picture of Grev, but he never looks bad, does he? Yeah, I like blue skin, too.

5. Vril Dox. Mr. Green Genes in green jeans. Hey, he's growing leafy hoodies! Of space.

6. XS.

7. Thomas Keene, starring in The Pipe Dreams of Thomas Keene. He looks okay.

8. Animal Lad. I think other people will have this further up on their list, but it's just not grabbing me. Different space-strokes for different space-folks.

9. Laurel Kent.

10. I like the idea, but GiGi looks like JoJo -- Rivers. Yikes! LEAST FAVORITE.

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
YAY!!!!

Dean, Greg (my hot NON-comics reading BF) and I have examined the entries together and we will post our separate opinions...

Disclaimer: We're going by memory and have both been drinking! [Big Grin]

# 6 LAUREL KENT

me: I liked it!

bf: The tummy shading looked like belly hair.

# 2 DOX

me: HOT!

bf: HOT!

least fave # 10 COMET QUEEN

me: Not a really good showcase for the model, but a cute pcture.

bf: I don't get this picture.

# 4 BLOK

me: Wow... maybe my favorite Blok picture ever... he looked so serene under the sea.

bf: I don't know who he is, but I liked him. Understood the gist of the photo.

# 5 ANIMAL LAD

me: I **loved** it! Very primal and sexy.

bf: Reminded me of Thundercats or He-Man.

# 8 SHADOW LAD

me: I didn't care for the Jimmy Olsen thing. Jimmy rox!

bf: Eh.

# 9 GIGI

me: One of my least favorites.

bf: Slightly indifferent.

# 7 XS

me: I tought it was tres sexy!

bf: Didn't get it.

# 3 T. KEENE

me: FUN! Was that the dupli-writing stylus I noted?

bf: I liked it.

# 1 QUANTUM QUEEN

me: So serene, and peaceful... very nice.

bf: My first thought: "Interplanet Janet" of Schoolhouse Rock-- NOT a bad thing!

Closing comments:

me: Least favorites were definitely Comet Queen and Gigi. Everyone else ROCKED for me.

bf: Least favorite: Comet Queen, next least fave XS in the sheets. Please note: You are WAY too good to restrict yourself to online-only work. PLEASE send your stuff to Marvel or DC, or even Joe-Blow Comics.

EDIT: We posted before we read the whole least-to-fave thing.

SO>>> we will go back and number everyone accordingly... sorry it won't e in exact order.

[ October 07, 2007, 04:21 AM: Message edited by: MLLASH ]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
I loved these! There's a real story in each one; I wanted to scroll across to the next panel to see what happened. It's like one of those dreams in which you're reading a comic and you go to turn the page and wake up....

1. Comet Queen - a real surprise since I don't like Comet Queen, but I liked the holo. Also, I'm working on Restaurant Reviews for the Legionverse, so this really struck a chord with me!

2. Animal Lad - very atmospheric. Animal Lad as shaman, on a vision quest. I like the idea.

3. Grev - looks great and I was happy to see their strange walled city in the background. The staff made me laugh. What a rare artefact - how did it wind up on Talok VIII?

4. Blok - looks peaceful and happy underwater with the aquatic life. I hope his flight ring will get him off the bottom.

5. Dox in the garden - he looks great and I like to think of all that mental power directed to growing plants.

6. XS - very sexy.

7. Thomas Keene - nicely posed with the youth-seeking villainesses - and Nura (her too, clinging to youth?).

8. Gigi - she looks a little exuberant. She better not be going to the same party as Imra with that outfit.

9. Laurel - unlike Comet Queen, I just can't get over my dislike of Laurel Kent. She looks good here, but somebody has to be #9.

10. Quantum Queen - this struck me as the most static of the holos, so ... somebody has to be #10.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
1. Animal Lad, a surprise since I don't really like the character. But I enjoyed the picture a lot (it reminds me of the woods around Vancouver). And Wildfire under a wolfskin? Great!

2. Shadow Kid. His outfit really works for him, and I love the atmospheric setting. The staff made me laugh.

3. Blok. He's so serene down there. I like the way you textured the light coming from the top of the picture, makes the whole eerily beautiful. Lamprey looks in love with him, doesn't she? Or is she just playing?

4. Quantum Queen. Can't quite put my finger on it, but I like this setting. She looks so serene...

5. Vril Dox. Is he growing little Chlorophyll Kids? The green all around works for him.

6. Comet Queen. Interesting picture. I wish we could see more of the contestant, though.

7. Xs. An OK picture, I guess. Nice fluffy covers.

8. Laurel Kent. She has never been a favourite of mine. I just find her a tad boring. Couldn't find the Easter Egg in this one.

9. Gigi. Her face is weird.

10. Thomas Keene. This picture does absolutely nothing for me.

All in all quite a good job, Dean. But I'm sorry that this will be a 'lightning contest', I miss the longer ones where one would get to see the contestants in different situations. Less fun for you to draw, I guess.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
1. ANIMAL LAD Dean!! You captured the spirit and details of the scenario *beautifully*! I wouldn't change a thing. Now, if the circle is made up of Wildfire, Timber Wolf (or is that a fox?) and Dawnstar-- who is it with their back to us?

2. VRIL DOX Hot! Love a sweaty gardener-- I like the row of plants resembling Chlorophyll Kid's headdress.

3. XS Beautiful face with a wistful expression, fingering a 'S' badge. Guess Jenni's got a new crush.

4. SHADOW KID Hmmm. Is that a staff memoralizing Jimmy, or is Elastic Lad himself? I like the holos that make me think about a story that might be happening. This one achieves that.

5. BLOK So does this one. Blok and Lamprey. Hmmm. Cute. Are the fish from the Sensor Girl tryouts? I'm calling them 'lovefish', like lovebirds of the sea.

6. LAUREL KENT Molten. Laurell'd be great in a series of situations like this-- invulnerable beauty in the middle of dangerous, but visually appealing stuff.

7. QUANTUM QUEEN I like the hand positions and QQ is a gal I've always wanted to see more of, so I hope your first cut isn't *too* deep-- since she's one I think could make for some amazing visuals.

8. COMET QUEEN Cute idea. Very cute. I like the 50's inspired space-car and that Cos is wearing his space-helmet. The background's very pretty. I wish we could see the faces a bit better, maybe.

9. THOMAS KEENE I like his face and he's certainly attracted an interesting and varied lot of admirers. The message is cute (is he coming on to Glorith?)

10. GIGI Can we talk? It'd be funny to see her in a holo wearing the red number with Saturn Girl looking on in her pink one. Or maybe one with Lightning Lad reacting with interest, while Adventure-bodysuit clad Imra cocks her eyebrow, contemplating a change.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Thank you all for the comments and ratings. The polls remain open on this one... and I've taken note of the fact that there is a feeling of not wanting it to end too abruptly.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Language Arts Dave
searching...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Language Arts Dave   Email Language Arts Dave         Edit/Delete Post     
1. BLOK i like this take on the classic Blok look.

2. ANIMAL LAD This had great atmosphere.

3. LAUREL KENT I especially liked Laurel in this picture.

4. VRIL DOX nice to see a Dox doing physical labor.

5. XS Beautiful face with a wistful expression, fingering a 'S' badge. Guess Jenni's got a new crush.

6. SHADOW KID

7. QUANTUM QUEEN

8. THOMAS KEENE No idea who this is, no emotional support for this picture but no complaints either

9. COMET QUEEN We hardly see her at all

10. GIGI Even though it was my idea (Thanks for that), her face does look as if the Joker had gotten to her.

--------------------
All you need is Love (and a whole big bucket of Money).

From: Lost in the Ozone Again | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
1. Vril Dox - Shirtless sweaty guy need I say more? I also liked theplants shaped like Chlorophyl Kid's head.

2. XS - A great drawing

3. Quantum Queen - Another great drawing

4. Comet Queen - I love the premise, but she is too small

5. Animal Lad - Shirt less is good. Premise is great. I like the other drawings better though.

6. Laurel Kent - I actually like her poncho outfit better.

7. Thomas Keene - too obscure a character for me.

8. Shadow Kid - I liked using Elastic Lad as a walkiung stick.

9. Blok - too static a picture

10. Gigi - Not at her best.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Insomniac Girl
Super-Space-Ditz

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Insomniac Girl   Email Insomniac Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
1. Animal Lad: Wow! Very atmospheric, very impressive. Love the totem pole with its Dominator and Durlan elements. The assembled sentients come across as not entirely humanoid either, and not only because of the obvious - the way they are dressed - but also because of their body language. It's somehow animalistic as well as graceful.

2. Comet Queen: EEE! Love that picture. So very retro-cute.

3. Vril Dox: Man, are those not-quite-evil masterminds ever ripped! Good old Vril projects a feeling of being not quite in harmony with nature, as if he'd rather show it who's boss. Quite fitting, really.

4. Grev Mallor: Now that's a questing pose and expression. Grev has something very noble and dignified going on. Hope that overall impression isn't wrecked any moment by his "staff".

5. Blok: He looks so content with the aquatic life here. One charming, calming picture.

6. Laurel Kent: Impressive lava, impressive attitude, nice contrast between all the red and her eyes/hair. Hope her scraps of fabric don't catch on fire.

7. Thomas Keene: Heh. He's exhibiting keen powers of self-preservation here.

8. XS: Jenni has one adorable little face, but the picture on the whole comes across as a bit too subdued.

9. Gigi Cusimano: There's just one way I can interpret her frozen smile. She's obviously stunned speechless by the perplexing sartorial discovery she has just made in her very own locker.

10. Quantum Queen: Is... Hm. Flying through space, looking vaguely miffed.

Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.