Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » First Come, First Served Discussion Thread (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: First Come, First Served Discussion Thread
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Animal Lad's holo is established!

Who's got Blok's?

First come, first served!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Blok the proud Legionnaire in the foreground as the Legion of Super-Assassins advance on him menacingly from behind!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Language Arts Dave
searching...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Language Arts Dave   Email Language Arts Dave         Edit/Delete Post     
I like it, LASH, I like it!

--------------------
All you need is Love (and a whole big bucket of Money).

From: Lost in the Ozone Again | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Thank you! Coming soon... the finale!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:

Nice to see that golden Shadow Lass costume on Xenn. I don't think it ever got used in an actual story.

Now that I'm on a good computer, I see that it is a golden version of Shady's Cockrum costume, not that reader-submitted nonsense! Oops!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Oh yeah, I forgot to comment on Xenn's costumes. Yes, she is emulating Legion costumes in her trademark gold. That is actually the Cockrum Shadow Lass outfit without the cape.

Hmm... I wonder what Xenn will wear for the finale? [Xennians]

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

I've done some preliminary sketches, but haven't chosen designs that I want to complete (albeit in my still sketchy Sketch Lad way).

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

The finale holos have been posted. Please name your choice for winner!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Blok in that gloomy setting with vague LSV in the mist wins it for me - but I really liked the bright blue on and around Animal Lad and the various little beasties.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Language Arts Dave
searching...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Language Arts Dave   Email Language Arts Dave         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, I'm gonna say Blok, too, but it wsa close. It seemed almost a little TOO gloomy. Great work on both, though!

--------------------
All you need is Love (and a whole big bucket of Money).

From: Lost in the Ozone Again | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
Blok for the win!
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Nice amusing Animal Lad holo; historically, LSH tryout scenes and issues are some of my favorites, and this scene would fit well in any of those issues.

The brightness of Animal Lad's holo contrasts sharply with the foreboding of Blok's holo. Despite Bloky looking very (deservedly) proud of himself-- almost beaming in the gloom-- one can't escape the fear that the Super-Assassins project.

Putting Blok in that gloomy setting was a risk, but it payed off.

BLOK for the win.

--------------------

Dain
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dain   Email Dain         Edit/Delete Post     
I like Blok and the holo has an "impressionistic" quality that I also liked, but tryout scenes are my favorites too and Animal Lad's holo is so good that...Animal Lad for the win!
From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Winner?
Blok 4 votes
Animal Lad 1 vote

I have opinions to share about this challenge, which I'll share when the victor is named....

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
What can I say? Though my boy Vril was robbed, Blok really pulled it out. All of his holos were top notch and this one just clinches his victory.

Blok to win!

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.