Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » First Come, First Served Discussion Thread (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: First Come, First Served Discussion Thread
Dain
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dain   Email Dain         Edit/Delete Post     
Is it OK if I vote too? I've missed Sketchy's "pageants" all this time that work schedules and RL took up all my time.
Anyway,I can always vote in the next one. Great work as always Sketchy. [Smile]

From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Dain, of course you can vote! The polls are still open for this contest.

I appreciate all of the replies and ratings. I've begun tabulations but will close the polls and announce the next level of this competition soon.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

Oh! Great! I had the impression only people who had suggested the contestants could vote in this one!

Xenn and Evillo. Loved seeing them again. Especially Xenn.

So, from most to least favorite:

1. Vril Dox (Bright and sexy and spraklingly green. You can almost feel the warmth and the smell of fresh green, growing things).

2. Comet Queen (Nostalgic, very beautiful colors, very familiar scene).

3. Animal Lad (Powerful scene, made me wonder what a story with him would be like today).

4. Blok (His expression is priceless. Is the green lady a Legion character?)

5. Laurel Kent (Wow! You never, ever want to p**s THIS lady off!)

6. Grev Mallor (Thoughtful Grev, funny scene. Nice!)

7.Quantum Queen (Not my favorite costume but I like the character and the scene.)

8. XS (Pretty.)

9. GiGi (The scene is funny. GiGi looks a little strange.)

10. Thomas Keene (Great scene but I don't know who this guy is).

From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Thank you for the ratings and comments! The polls are now closed, the results are in...

10th place: Gigi. I actually love the expression she's making. Obviously I had a choice whether to use this picture, or a more ...normal... one, and I chose this one. I guess I was wrong. Apologies to Language Arts Lad! I owe you a nice picture of Gigi! The outfit was the Easter Egg (EE) in this scene, I suppose you could count Shvaughn, too.

9th: Thomas Keene. I guess the fact that he's not well known contributed to his poor ratings. Yes, he's using a stylus, but I neglected to make it a dupli-stylus! Oops! His guest stars are Emerald Empress, who has been shown to be on a quest for immortality; Glorith, who deals in time, and Dreamy who has been shown to be vain.

8th: Laurel. A basic cheesecake shot, I know. That is supposed to be a Protean that she's leaning against. Not very obvious.

7th: XS. I love this shot of her, relaxing, dreaming about a super-being. Yes, the little "S" is the EE.

6th: Quantum Queen. I suppose it's a little dull. I did several sketches (look out for next year's anniversary special) but liked this one the most. Dawnstar's star symbol is the EE.

5th: Shadow Kid. Once I got the idea to make Elastic Lad into his staff, I couldn't think of anything else.

4th: Comet Queen. This one turned out exactly how I imagined it. There are times when the setting is as important as the model(s) and I honestly believed that I needed to show this the way I did. Umbra's "S" symbol is used as Sid's logo and the Ardeen/Ranzz family of four is at the fly-by window. That's Earth in the corner. I don't know why space is all rainbow-y. Can any of you scientists explain it?

3rd: Blok. Apologies to Doctor One, he's not fighting, but people sure did like his serenity! Those little fishy guys are from the new member tryout issue V3# 14, by Lightle. The whale in the bg looks like the Super Moby Dick of Space, and that is Lamprey on the left.

Tie for 1st: Animal Lad and Vril Dox. I don't know Vril's personality well, so I had to wing it. I'm glad so many caught the Leafy Hoody crop! I did several sketches of Animal Lad but the one I used was the first one. All the elements fit. I think all of the EE's were noted.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

So, what's next you ask? Well...

FIRST COME FIRST SERVED!!!!

Our top FOUR contestants get to compete in another round!!!

The next four LW posters get to pick one of the following competitors:

Animal Lad
Vril Dox
Blok
or
Comet Queen

If you're second, you don't get to pick who the first person picked, and so on....

The top four will be shown from their shoulders up. What should be going on in that holo? A prop? A guest star? Be creative or keep it simple... remember, first come... first served!!!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Dain
Active

Comet Queen smiling and winking! A few Legion Academy girls in the background in a "girls' night out" setting?
Language Arts Dave
searching...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Language Arts Dave   Email Language Arts Dave         Edit/Delete Post     
Blok, the acid-washed version of the Baxter run, making googly eyes at Mysa as they lean in for the kiss they never got to share but should have...

And You don't owe me anything Sketchy, you did a great job, I understood the facial expression- I just didn't care for it.

--------------------
All you need is Love (and a whole big bucket of Money).

From: Lost in the Ozone Again | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Okay...
Taken:
Comet Queen
and
Blok

Needed:
Holo ideas for
Animal Lad
and
Vril Dox

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Argh. I wanted so badly to post my thoughts but I just got buried in work. >< I loved Vril's holo though {#2 for me}, so I thank thee greatly, Sketchy! XS was brilliant, as well, IMHO. {She was definitely my #1-- so cute.}

Anyway, I don't know Animal Lad, so for Vril again... how about a family portrait with him, Stealth and their evil spawn {whose name I forget}? I can get you references again but I'm thinking Stealth would looked annoyed and possibly a tad afraid of the child, Vril would be arrogant/cocky and the baby like, well, a green-skinned blond baby boy.

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Holos assigned:
Comet Queen
Blok
Vril Dox

Needs a holo assignment:
Animal Lad

First come, first served!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
All right, I'll bite.
Animal Lad looking at his reflection in a river

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Thanks Doctor One!

Stay tuned for the next round....

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Guess what!?

The sketches are already done! It'll take more time to color them, though.

Later!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Dain
Active

Wow! I knew you had a "fast sketching hand" but didn't realise you were *that* fast, Sketchy. No wonder you're called "Sketch Lad"! [Eek!]
Sketch Lad
Advisor

The top four holos have been posted. Please name your choice for top 2. After the vote determines which final two will face off, their holo subject matter will be determined "first come, first served" style.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.