Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Sock it to the Uncanny Excellents! (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Sock it to the Uncanny Excellents!
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
That's right, I've finally snapped! But after 10 years of message board posting, it's okay to go a little crazy.

Anyhoo, rather than go on a killing spree or something mundane like that, I've decided to write, draw and post this silly little series, one panel at a time!

In the hopes that The U-E might eventually encourage some discussion, I even started it's own letter's page. In the tradition of comics letters pages of the past, do feel free to send in submissions for letters page titles you feel are better. The winner gets, I dunno... a genuine fandango-fied MLLASH windows paint, you name the subject!

The origin for this nutty little project can be found right HERE in this classic EDE thread!

So stay tuned, because you're going to be seeing a LOT of weird characters and some REAL crazy $#!+... for real real!

SO sock it to me... but be gentle, you never know when you might trigger a killing spree! [Wink]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Dear Uncanny Excellents,
I find it uncanny how excellent your message board comic series is.

Keep being excellent and uncanny.

Sincerely,
Sketch Lad

P.S. Get ready for a surprise.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

BEST. FREAKIN. SURPRISE. EVER!!!!

Sketchy, WOW! Just... wow. You totally rock, that made my day!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I just noticed the wondrous new world of the Uncanny Excellents! It's fun to see such an outpouring of creativity - keep 'em coming! (I can envision the Adult Swim cartoon series now...)

And great job with putting it all together, Sketch Lad!

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

It's just so much fun! Keep it coming Lash! (And thanks Lash and Drake! It was fun laying the panels out onto pages.)

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Dear Uncanny Excellents,

I want to tell you the TRUTH about your new series. I'm thoroughly DAZZLED by it. If you DETECT the air growing THIN, it's because I'm SUCTIONING a whole bunch of it as I hold my breath for the next installment! I sure hope I don't have to wait a whole LUNAR cycle (i.e. month!)!!!!

Your Fan,

Eryk
Touston City, Touston

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Thanks for the kind words, readers! Fear not! The EXCELLENTS will continue at a regular pace, daily if possible, though you can expect MORE on the weekends! Tune in daily and don't miss a thing!

--------------------

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Oh, it's ON!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Thin Girl! *choke* If only I'd been in time to save you! *sob*
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Yeah, Hypno-Pants and Frenemy are playing for keeps, that is certain! And rest assured... Thin Girl will NOT be the only victim! Stay WAY tuned! (And they STILL haven't encountered Vicious Circle yet! Things are looking not great for our Excellents!)

What is THE UNCANNY EXCELLENTS anyway, your friends ask?

UNCANNY EXCELLENTS CRASH COURSE

The Excellents keep their eyes on the prize of membership in the Legion, but only if Vicious Circle and his evil allies don't gouge out their eyes first!

It's a dash of X-STATIX with a side of EXILES and American Idol all set in a universe where you never know who or what from the LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES mythos might show up!

So get your friends on the Excellents bandwagon!

--------------------

Sketch Lad
Advisor

One thing... I didn't know who the villains were until I came here.

Frenemy! Fan art iminent!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

An (uncanny) EX-cerpt from Tina Truth's files about Hypno-Pants and Frenemy appears as the last post on the 2nd page of the story! But apparently these villains were even more dangerous than she surmised! Be sure to not miss a single panel of the EX-citement, faith-keepers!

Fan art? SOCK IT TO US!!!! This goes for ANYONE!!! We *LOVE* that sort of thing here at EXCELLENTS HQ!

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

ps/

Speaking of the 2nd page... FOR THE RECORD DEPT.: a certain LSH villain was brought in for one certain Excellents fan!

--------------------

Sketch Lad
Advisor

-

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

WOW! Your first UNCANNY EXCELLENTS pin-up/wallpaper, faith-keepers! That is TRULY excellent!

We here at EXCELLENTS HQ can't help but wonder if we might ever convince Sketch Lad to draw a short sequence in the series?

--------------------

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.