Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » STARSEARCHERS Discussion Thread (Page 42)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 45 pages: 1  2  3  ...  39  40  41  42  43  44  45   
Author Topic: STARSEARCHERS Discussion Thread
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Heh!!! Johnny isn't at all pleased about something, is he?

Totes loving the Rikk page!!

The Johnny/Overthink dynamic is so interesting and full of potential. Johnny has proven to have a very animated face, something I hope to continue to emphasize.

I like drawing mugs like Rikk's!

As ever, I'm having a great time with this.

Next... the Rebels are brought out into the arena!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
I probably don't want to know what Rikk is doing, do I?
[No]

You are introducing more new characters, aren't you?
Gads!
I love your characters but I can't even remember what Rikk does, besides 'whatever'.
This is all so very anti-hero.

I can see Comet being played by James Dean and Rikk by Steve McQueen.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Shady-- Rikk was asleep, promise.

There are absolutely MORE new characters on the horizon, so get out your scorecards! [Wink]

It's okay if you can't remember what Rikk does-- he hasn't played a huge role so far-- but he has vibration powers (last seen used on the spiders attacking them in issue 5 on Seksha).

I'm not sure what you mean by "anti-hero", help me understand. If by anti-hero you mean there are no clear shades of black and white in many of the Starsearchers, I very much agree.

Hang in there, things are going to take some jagged twists and turns THIS ISSUE, promise.

Oooooh, casting call! Dean, didya see that?

Shady, I'd love to see you on the Starsearchers and Legion World Facebook pages. Let me know if you need help getting there!! And as always, THANK YOU for the comments and for reading! [Hug]

[ January 03, 2011, 12:02 AM: Message edited by: MLLASH ]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Shady,
I realize you have vision issues, so I must ask... could you see the verbiage on the first few panels of page 11? I hope that it is obvious that a dark, ominous voice/presence has visited Rikk in his sleep. Rikk bursts awake to find his sister asking him to join the group.

Meanwhile, I love that you are thinking about who could portray these characters. On our Facebook page, I collected LOTS of inspiration images for many of the characters. It would be fun to get your opinions on those.

Again, thank you for reading and posting.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
[Hug]

I saw them.
I just thought that the voice ended up belonging to his sister, that she was seeing him doing something 'bad' in the dark, in the bed.

lol, gads

Shades of Omarr!
lol
I'm sure what you were showing and what LASH was saying would have been perfectly understandable to most everyone who read the scene.

I'll check out your site.
I'm still a little shaky on Facebook, I'm afraid, but this will give me a great reason to work things out.

--------------------

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

And Michael,
yes, that's a good definition of anti-hero.
I also see them as complex and very often, depressed and unlikeable.
The two examples of film stars that I gave were icons of the genre, one for each decade during the 50's and 60's.

I like that you have some true heroes in the mix.
Not that heroes aren't complex, they can be and I like them that way.
I just need likeable/endearing in order to hold my interest.

--------------------

Come, join me!

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Nearly done coloring the scene where the Rebels come before the crowd.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Well I'm loving the extra-size assassination extravaganza!

I love that you took the time to create a whole page for each young Rebel and am glad you suggested the additional dialogue.

I didn't write it like this, ya'll-- I kept it at the usual 20ish pages, but Dean is going above and beyond the call, and we all get to benefit!!

And it's a treat for my eyes!! All the pages are powerful but K'zle's P.O.V. page is especially excellent, and of course Drey's. EXTRA-Very nice. [Smile]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Thank you, Lash.

Giving the Assassins and the Rebels so much panel time was a true indulgence, which I couldn't resist.

Now that (almost) all the introductions have been done, it's time for action! Buckle your (space) seat belts!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Legion Tracker
Veteran

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion Tracker           Edit/Delete Post     
Guys, I just now discovered StarSearchers. WOW OH WOW! I've only seen the intro pages so far, and looked briefly at the last page of the thread.

Lash, the characters are just the kind that have always grabbed my attention and drawn me into a book. I can't wait to see where they're headed.

Dean, I love the art! I've seen your work before, but not in full storytelling layouts like this.

I *will* be back to check out the rest ASAP.

--------------------
"Been killed--didn't like it." (Duplicate Damsel, Legion of Super-Heroes #10)

From: Groga | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Awesome to have you with us, Tracker!!

I do try to keep Dean challanged and interested with boatloads of characters, and I hope they also interest you!

Looking forward to your future reviews! (pun not intended but unavoidable) [Smile]

--------------------

Sketch Lad
Advisor

I'd wanted to do a 3 or 4 page update, but I just can't hold out on you guys any longer! I added page 22, the introduction of King Omarr, at the Execution.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

quote:
Originally posted by Legion Tracker:
Guys, I just now discovered StarSearchers. WOW OH WOW! I've only seen the intro pages so far, and looked briefly at the last page of the thread.

Lash, the characters are just the kind that have always grabbed my attention and drawn me into a book. I can't wait to see where they're headed.

Dean, I love the art! I've seen your work before, but not in full storytelling layouts like this.

I *will* be back to check out the rest ASAP.

Thank you for the nice comments. I'd love to read your reviews on the upcoming sequences!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

I hope the Queen has a knife or something!
Omarr brings out the worst im me, I'm afraid.
[Frown]

--------------------

Come, join me!

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Omarr is a scoundrel for certain.

But there are planets out there who adore him (we saw some residents of Seksha cheering his name).

I see him as one of those charismatic people who has stumbled into good fortune; he used his charisma to take over Rexall and turn his people's warlike tendencies away from each other and toward other planets in the beginning.

None of that makes him a good person by any means, though. He's wicked and petty to the core.

--------------------

This topic comprises 45 pages: 1  2  3  ...  39  40  41  42  43  44  45   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.