Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » STARSEARCHERS Discussion Thread (Page 43)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 45 pages: 1  2  3  ...  40  41  42  43  44  45   
Author Topic: STARSEARCHERS Discussion Thread
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
The bad news: Our home pc is still messed up, so I can't scan/color/letter/post stuff yet. We're slowly dealing with it. The complexity of the issue, plus busy RL is keeping it from getting done.

The good news: I've been doing LOTS of penciling! I just finished pencils on issue #7, and am a few pages into #8 now!

Sidenote: I also have'nt picked up my comics since December or November, so I'm out of the loop on all that, too! Gah! Sigh! Choke!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Finished all the pencils for #8! I've even begun #9! At this rate, I'll actually catch up with Lash. Of course, my coloring/lettering duty has a long road ahead.....

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
OH MY GOSH!!!! There's some characters... one in particular... I'd LOVE to get a sneak peek at, when you get there!

I feel like I should go ahead and start # 11 since you're doing all this pencilling, might as well keep it going, right?

Today I'll do my standard re-familiarization (rereading the past scripts) and get going on # 11 tomorrow!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Finally, our cracked out computer stuff is manageable!!!! I was able to color and letter a couple more pages of #6.

So, if you recall, the Starsearchers' young rebels were paraded onstage before the assassins, and Omarr had just arrived. Well, now that he's here, it's time for some booty kickin'!

Please let us know what you think of the execution scene so far!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Since there don't seem to be enough characters yet, we meet.... Omegan and Kymelia!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

[LOL] I know, right? I hate we have such an itty bitty cast...

LOVE THESE NEW PAGES. Can't praise them enough.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Sketch Lad
Advisor

It's always a good thing when the writer sees the pages and doesn't go, "WTF?"

Thank you Lash!

I assume you'd tell me if you had concerns about the way your story is being depicted.

So, issue #6 will have a total of 36 story pages. I'm working on page 29 right now.

Hang in there, LW! The excitement is just beginning!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
I hope Temp is okay, somehow.
Perhaps he's not actually killable or he can absorb the Rexallian energies or something!

I loved the twisty parts at the end with the delayed time casts and the other 'variables'.
Good old chaos theory!

[ March 04, 2011, 02:11 AM: Message edited by: Candlelight ]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Thanks, Shady, I was very pleased with myself for coming up with that time-delay twist! [Smile]

More surprises coming hard and fast in the remaining pages!

--------------------

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Thanks, Shady!

So on page 28 we meet Delana and Jaykub, cuz... y'know, there just aren't enough characters yet! [Wink]

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Overthink's made a whooooole lotta rebel friends on a whooooole lotta planets!

Jaykub has strong ties to one of our regular Starsearchers cast, which I'm sure will be easy to figure out.

--------------------

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Hey LW, I finished #6 and posted it on Facebook, but haven't had time to upload it to photobucket and then post it here. I will do so soon.

Oh, I haven't seen a mention about the podcast here.

Is LW interested in Starsearchers?

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
You guys are definitely getting better and better with each issue! Didn't see that ending coming!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Thank you EDE! I spent some time regretting the slap-dash way I put the crew together in issue 1, but have decided upon several rereadings that I am still glad I got the entire gang together in one issue... some storytelling suffered a bit perhaps and that is all my fault.

I like to agree things have gotten better every issue writing-wise (Dean has knocked a home-run every time IMO); I think # 3 I hit my stride as a writer here, and have kept on running!

I only hope I can maintain interest with the transitional issues following # 6's bananas cliffhanger... a couple of issues depend heavily on intrigue here; I know I can count on Dean 100% to make what I've written look immensely better than it actually is!

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

quote:
Originally posted by Sketch Lad:

Is LW interested in Starsearchers?

I'm pretty certain that both Shady and Nightcrawler follow us exclusively here.

I know uploading and posting is a LOT of additional work on top of your pencilling, coloring and lettering!

If it would help, I am happy to post the pages here (I can do that from the Facebook page, save the images to my computer and go from there).

Love you, Dean!!!!!

--------------------

This topic comprises 45 pages: 1  2  3  ...  40  41  42  43  44  45   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.