Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Museum of Legion Arts V3: Japanese Mecha Legion (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Museum of Legion Arts V3: Japanese Mecha Legion
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Hello,
This is the Museum of Legion Arts Threeboot! The MoLA had a long life of exhibits, but then interest lessened. New energy came and it re-opened, but it was only temporary. (Not that different from the Legion's comic book publishing history!)

So, our first exhibition for V3 is:

JAPANESE MECHA LEGION

Here is some reference for you....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mecha_Musume

Submissions are always welcome, even after the month ends. We will see how this exhibit goes until the middle of January. Then we will assess whether it will be time for a second theme or if there is enough interest in keeping this theme.

PLEASE HAVE SOME FUN!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
One of my most lovely memories is the cover of my first Battle Angel Alita by Yukito Kishiro.

For the new museum catagory, she's my first entry, a rethinking of Dawnstar.

-

[ January 06, 2010, 01:13 AM: Message edited by: Candle ]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
That's Battle Angel Alita.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Yes, she is!
You saw my work in progress.
This is the finished product.
[Smile]

--------------------

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Ohhhh... srry.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

For my second entry - Battle Angel Alita had five or six (or so) incarnations, this drawing by Yukito Kishiro details 4 of them.

-

--------------------

Come, join me!

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

The posters and reimaginings are mine but the art and photos will have to be from others since I can't download any of my own work.

I asked about that earlier and I think it's okay.
Let me know if it isn't and I'll go back to my freelance stuff.
[Smile]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

From one of the earliest mangas and probably my favorite, Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind by Hayao Miyazaki.
She might not be mecha enough but (I agree with Sketch on her BEST identity so) Aylasicaa of Winathia the entry shall be!
If you've got built in electrical shocks of untold wattage, who needs lots of guns.

-

I feel SOOOOO much better with things this way.
sigh
[Proty]

[ January 07, 2010, 08:19 AM: Message edited by: Candle ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Great start on this exhibit, Candle! The Dawnstar and Luornu are very clear representations.

To me, Imrasicaa looks like Aylasicaa. I suppose the red hair and blue outfit do that. Also, the scenery seems more Winathicaa than Titanicaa. [LOL]

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

[LOL]
I agree, totally and changed the entry.
I hope it's not cheating to add your brilliance to my ideas!
[Smile]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Here's Mecha Garth....
 -

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Here's Mecha Nura. I guess the idea is that her visions appear in her headset, powered by her circulartory system?

-

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Fun!
Garth's a shoe in and I think Nura is neat, but we can't see her lovely face!
(Love her boots and connection thingys.)

--------------------

Come, join me!

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

-
From ANTM, cycle 8 at the Great Wall of China by Nigel Barker or Tyra Banks, I forget which.

--------------------

Come, join me!

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

A guy!!!
PC is for Periodic Chart (not Politically Correct! [Smile] )

-

From MMaSM, season 2, Jonathan, I think.

[ January 08, 2010, 03:04 PM: Message edited by: Candle ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.