Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Museum of Legion Arts V3: Japanese Mecha Legion (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Museum of Legion Arts V3: Japanese Mecha Legion
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Neat Mecha-Garth, Sketch.

It occurs to me that Animated Brainiac 5, Fortress Lad and / or Gear are naturals for this sort of showcase, being different sorts of mecha-morphs.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
My favorite pictures of Brainy were always when he was using some kind of tech, like on his head or back or even in his hands. As much as I liked Animated Brainy, I still felt like he did a bit too much of the Chameleon Boy schtick. Still, I did like the mecha-morph aspect.

It would be fun to try and make a cool version of Fortress Lad.

Thanks, Set!

Oh, Candle... the pictures at the Great Wall were shot by Tyra. I like your choices! ... and it's Gundam, not Gundum.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Great stuff so far!

Dean--I'm loving your incorporation of Japanese style to your artwork! Very cool, looking forward to you doing more.

Shady--loving the reimagingings.

You know would rock at this? veryvery--I hope she still stops by and does some of these!

Kidflash2fan too!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
I have a picture of Phantom Girl coming up. In the meantime I need to look up "Ghost in the Machine." I don't actually know what it is.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for the input, Sketch.
I corrected the PC entry.
[Smile]
Set: Gear came to my mind, too, but not Fortress Lad - good thought.

Cobie: I hope veryvery shows up, too.
I'd love a White Raven doll and a kidflashfan2 drawing and a Drake entry or 5 and . . .
sigh

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Cosmicbot! I just remembered, Cosmicbot from the LOSH One Million books. He would count.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
[Cosmicbot - 853rd Century]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
And Dreamer.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Definitely influenced by the Battle Angel pic...
 -

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Yay! She got her wings back.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I guess I took kind of a tack with this one. When I think of Japanese Mecha I usually think of the old school giant robots like Gigantor and Tranzor/Mazinger Z. Anyway, I had to Photoshop one of those giant robots into a Mecha Colossal Boy. The original 3D render is of Mazinger Z by Jose Liébana. Your guess is as good as mine as to what Robo-Gim is doing tearing ass through 21st Century Madrid. [Wink]

Click for fullsize image

The full-size image is here

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I also did a Robo Lightning Boy. Original 3D render is by 2createmedia at deviantart.com.

Click for fullsize image

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
Awesome stuff guys.
The mention of Gear above reminded me that I once maniped him, here it is...

-

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Never saw that Gear before. Nice job Deddy. I miss the Reboot Legion.
Loser Lad
Stressed

Okay, one more for now. Photoshop of a 3D render by aphaits at deviantart.com

Ultrabot

-

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.