Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Museum of Legion Arts V3: Japanese Mecha Legion (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Museum of Legion Arts V3: Japanese Mecha Legion
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, that Tharok has a twisted Freddy Krueger look going on! I love it!
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Wonderful, SC!
Tharok is perhaps THE mecha villian!
He even predates Quislet as a Legion character.
I find the original ones, pre-mecha, to be the most chilling!

The Dawnstar and Saturn Girl images are fantastic, too!
(And thanks for the compliment, it means a lot.)

Sketch - the game characters, Imra and Rokk I'm guessing (and we know how good at that I am), are so interesting!
I love that you're always thinking 'Legion'.
[Smile]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Dawnstar reminds me of the Knight Sabers.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
There's another natural mecha character in the Legion(s).
I know that the drawing is a combination of Dawnstar and Shikari, but that's fine by me since I love both characters -

-

The initials are on the drawing but I'll try to find a clearer name to give credit to.
I didn't originally save the picture to share with anyone.
It's here, somewhere in Bits.
Anyway.

--------------------

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Space Cadet:
I think this is my favourite; did you add the winged logos?

No. Those were a part of the original piece. I only recolored parts to fit Ultra Boy's color scheme.
From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Cadet
Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Space Cadet   Email Space Cadet         Edit/Delete Post     
Another quickie Dawnstar, still not happy with the face...

Click thumbnail to enlarge.

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
Readin' Legion since '62

From: Winnipeg | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

I think she's AmAzInG!

The mecha wings remind me of those indian dancers, Navaho?, that wear the round feather 'shields' on their backs and carry feather fans.

That's a wonderful look.
The legging thingys are pretty cool, too.

--------------------

Come, join me!

Space Cadet
Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Space Cadet   Email Space Cadet         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Candle:
The mecha wings remind me of those indian dancers, Navaho?, that wear the round feather 'shields' on their backs and carry feather fans.

Wow, I never even thought of that until you mentioned it, but you're right.

Good eye!

Here's another of the same character, with some PhotoShop actions to (hopefully) give her a little more "painted" look.
Click for fullsize image

--------------------
Readin' Legion since '62

From: Winnipeg | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Hushed silence.
whisper - that's what Dawnstar's retroboot outfit should look like, it's perfect, LOVE everything about it, including the boots!
Americans and Christians aren't supposed to genuflect to other people, but boy, you've brought me close with this Dawnstar!
[Smile]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Space Cadet
Cadet

quote:
Originally posted by Candle:
Americans and Christians aren't supposed to genuflect to other people, but boy, you've brought me close with this Dawnstar!
[Smile]

You're silly, but thanks muchly, I'm very glad you liked it, it was fun to do. I wish I had time to participate on a more regular basis, but life's a busy place these days.

Thanks again.

--------------------
Readin' Legion since '62

Space Cadet
Cadet

A quick run at Brainy (as part of the "I-Legion" -- didn't have time to change the mesh "I" to a Legion logo), click thumbs to enlarge...

Click for fullsize image Click for fullsize image Click for fullsize image Click for fullsize image

--------------------
Readin' Legion since '62

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Ooooowwwwww!

Here's a couple more mecha classics -

-
by Monkey Eater Lad.

[ February 06, 2010, 01:57 AM: Message edited by: Candle ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
[ROTFLMAO]

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

I couldn't resist this photo.
Some things are just too perfect:

-
A Lady Gaga costumed performance.

--------------------

Come, join me!

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Another version of a mecha Dawnstar:

http://gi105.photobucket.com/groups/m228/CV1ARFWWH1/34270478_sfb75y.gif
posted by tekkonkinkreel1404

[ April 23, 2010, 02:53 AM: Message edited by: Candle ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.