Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Group Shots (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  11  12  13   
Author Topic: Group Shots
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
 -
This was in the Who's Who in the LSH mini. I'm not sure who the artist was.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by He Who Wanders:
quote:
Originally posted by Candle:
Yup, she was the last new Legionnaire before the Legion left Adventure.
But that was a few years, I think, or at least quite a few stories.

Actually, no. Chemical King and Timber Wolf joined in Adv. 372; Tasmia joined in 366 (after having been intro'd in 365).

Ambassador Thora was the villain in 368.

It is interesting how much Tasmia appeared after her introduction. In many cases (Wildfire, for example), a new Legionnaire faded into the background immediately after joining. But Tasmia figures prominently in the next few stories, as you point out, and even develops enough of a personality that Lu cattily accuses her of going after Brainy, then Mon. I wonder if Shady was a favorite of Shooter's, or if he naturally gravitated toward the characters he created.

Thanks for the correction, WWW.

I have absolutely no memory of Chemical King joining the Legion, even though I know that he did.
I remember his death statue in the Superman special but not his later joining (or his death, for that matter.)
strange

Timber Wolf is similar.
I remember his introduction story in Adventure, but not his actual joining.
weird

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Chem first appears (in story, not as a cover statue) in Adv. # 371 as a trainee at the Legion Academy. In the next issue, he and Timber Wolf (also a trainee) are asked to participate in an undercover mission, along with Chameleon Boy and Superboy, to infiltrate the School for Super-Villains. Chem and Wolf are awarded diplomas and Legion membership at the end of the story.

I have a special fondness for # 372, because it and # 368 were the first two Adventure-era Legion comics I read (not counting reprints). They belonged to a friend of mine who lived across the alley. Somewhat later--I think when he moved away--he gave me those two issues, and I still have them.

I recently reconnected with him on Facebook. I'll have to drop him a line to see if he remembers that.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lone Wolf Legionnaire
Academy Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lone Wolf Legionnaire   Email Lone Wolf Legionnaire         Edit/Delete Post     
Alex Ross Legion,from Justice #12

-

--------------------
I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.

From: Kentucky | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Love that shot from Justice...but Tasmia's taataa seems to be really in your face here.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
The Ross portrait is very moody, but too many people are facing away from the camera.

Are there two Wildfires? One on the right and one flying above the time portal?

--------------------

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Sun Boy is floating above the portal.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Is the face behind Wildfire that of Tyroc or Invisible Jacques in the Alex Ross shot? He appears dark-skinned and curly-haired, but without a costume, it's hard to tell, since artists kind of make up their own faces. (Star Boy's face, in this one, is particularly distinctive, with that square jaw that's normally hidden by a beard.)

The Who's Who picture at the top of the page is funny. Characters you'd expect to see flying, like Mon-El and Ultra Boy, are running (and look kind of like Scooby-Doo characters, running from a ghost, in those frozen action poses), while characters you'd expect to see closer to the ground, like Timber Wolf, are flying.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

I have to go with Tyroc in the pic based on the outfits on the others.
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
That would be my guess. He seems to have sideburns, and I don't remember Jacques having those. The picture doesn't go down far enough to show his high collar.
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

quote:
Originally posted by Dev Em:
Sun Boy is floating above the portal.

Ah, I see it now. His chest emblem looks almost identical to Wildfire's, and other details are obscured.

--------------------

Suncat
Field Researcher

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suncat   Author's Homepage   Email Suncat         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Set:
Is the face behind Wildfire that of Tyroc or Invisible Jacques in the Alex Ross shot? He appears dark-skinned and curly-haired, but without a costume, it's hard to tell, since artists kind of make up their own faces. (Star Boy's face, in this one, is particularly distinctive, with that square jaw that's normally hidden by a beard.)

My guess is Tyroc, because all of the costumes seem to be squarely Cockrum/Grell designs. I believe a number of them had been modified some by the time Jacques joined.

And thanks for posting this one. I adore Alex Ross' work, but hadn't seen that image before.

--------------------
Laurie (Suncat)
My deviantArt page
My blog at Dreamwidth

From: Minnesota, USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lone Wolf Legionnaire
Academy Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lone Wolf Legionnaire   Email Lone Wolf Legionnaire         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's the earlier Grell image modified

-

--------------------
But they won't.

From: Kentucky | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lone Wolf Legionnaire
Academy Cadet

Long Live The Legion by Lightle

-

--------------------
But they won't.

Lone Wolf Legionnaire
Academy Cadet

And here's another by Lightle

-

--------------------
But they won't.

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  11  12  13   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.