Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Group Shots (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  11  12  13   
Author Topic: Group Shots
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, she's the only one sitting around in a dang bathing suit!

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
She's such a trendsetter!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm surprised not to see Shady there. I always forget what a relative late-comer she was to the team, showing up after the Shooter Four (Karate Kid, Princess Projectra, Ferro Lad and Nemesis Kid).
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Yup, she was the last new Legionnaire before the Legion left Adventure.
But that was a few years, I think, or at least quite a few stories.

She was in the Fatal Five comeback and the Mordru introduction arc, as well as, the 'girl' story with Ambassador . . . Thorna, was it?

All of which you probably knew, but some of the youngsters might not have.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Candle:
Yup, she was the last new Legionnaire before the Legion left Adventure.
But that was a few years, I think, or at least quite a few stories.

Actually, no. Chemical King and Timber Wolf joined in Adv. 372; Tasmia joined in 366 (after having been intro'd in 365).

Ambassador Thora was the villain in 368.

It is interesting how much Tasmia appeared after her introduction. In many cases (Wildfire, for example), a new Legionnaire faded into the background immediately after joining. But Tasmia figures prominently in the next few stories, as you point out, and even develops enough of a personality that Lu cattily accuses her of going after Brainy, then Mon. I wonder if Shady was a favorite of Shooter's, or if he naturally gravitated toward the characters he created.

[ January 10, 2010, 05:03 PM: Message edited by: He Who Wanders ]

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by He Who Wanders:
But Tasmia figures prominently in the next few stories, as you point out, and even develops enough of a personality that Lu cattily accuses her of going after Brainy, then Mon. I wonder if Shady was a favorite of Shooter's, or if he naturally gravitated toward the characters he created.

The man is very much hit or miss with female characters. Tasmia is almost without fail, a strong character, while Jeckie, another Shooter creation, is fainting all the time (and really doesn't seem to develop a personality until she snaps Nemesis Kid's neck, decades later).
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Good point, Set. Although three girls (Projectra, Dream Girl, and White Witch) defeat Mordru and Lu's defining scene of pining for Superboy establishes her as a strong personality, those appear to be the exceptions during Shooter's run.

--------------------

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Click for fullsize image

I think this art was by Jimmy Janes, but he wasn't credited. It's a subscription ad from around 1980.

[ January 15, 2010, 06:12 PM: Message edited by: Sketch Lad ]

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Imra is in one of her strawberry-blonde phases.

--------------------

Set

Ah, the good old days, when the Legionnaire with the most cleavage was Cosmic Boy...
Sketch Lad
Advisor

quote:
Originally posted by He Who Wanders:
Imra is in one of her strawberry-blonde phases.

A couple issues later, they printed this again, with Imra's blonde (yellow) hair. I feel obligated to re-scan and post now.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

quote:
Originally posted by Set:
Ah, the good old days, when the Legionnaire with the most cleavage was Cosmic Boy...

With Star Boy in a close second. Why did they change his turtle neck to a v neck?

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

-

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Notice that Mon is missing. He must have been holding the camera.

--------------------

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Another offering from the Wedding Tabloid, by Grell and Colletta...
 -

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  11  12  13   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.