Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Abstract Legion (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Abstract Legion
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Five Abstract Years Later...

-

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Love, love LOVE these.... SO much!!!!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Man, these would look FABOO giant-sized on my wall!!
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sketch Lad:
Love, love LOVE these.... SO much!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by lil'rhino:
Man, these would look FABOO giant-sized on my wall!!

What they said!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
LOVE abstract Drura...

quote:
Originally posted by Exnihil:
 -

Next up: Abstract 80's era Levitz Legion

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

Up next... Abstract On the Run:

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Exnihil

-

--------------------

Exnihil

Up next... Abstract SW6 Legionnaires (had to abandon the strictly horizontal approach on these, but I still think they turned out fairly nice).

--------------------

Exnihil

-

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester

Wow! Abstract Catspaw is pretty cool!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
These are all so amazingly good. I'm constantly blown away by how creative people can be.

... I started to list out some faves but I kept adding more and more so I'll just quit and say they're ALL fab!

I echo whoever said that a huge blow-up of these would look fantastic on someone's wall. Preferably mine! [Big Grin]

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow.
Yes, these are super amazing!

I just wish I was better at guessing!
Fortunately, Gim, Vi and Brainy are always recognizable!
lol

Ones that stick out in my mind are Catspaw, Insect Queen, Celeste, Dawnstar, Double Header, Furball, Jewel and all of the Adventure and Disco eras!

We should have a contest on who can come up with a complete name line up on each of the different era characters.
Well, at least some of YOU could try for winning line-ups.
[Yes]

Brilliant stuff!

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

Thanks for all the nice words, guys!

The coolest thing about doing this exercise is really examining all the small details that the past Legion artists put into their costume designs. Whether it was Cockrum and Grell imagining a realistic future style out of whole cloth (so to speak) or Giffen and Sprouse finding a balance between the concepts of uniformity and individuality - making these little color blocks has really given me a new appreciation for their amazing sense of design.

My own favorites thus far are - on the detailed side: Infectious Lass, Mandalla, and Sensor; and on the simple side: 5YL Furball and... oddly... Pete Ross! There is just something so reassuring about that white collar peeking out from his black sweater. [Smile]

Up next... Abstract Archie Legion:

-

--------------------

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Are these all in order of their joining?
That's what I've been thinking, anyway.

Is Gim shown?
Leviathan/Violet is the big one shown, right?
But, Gim was Leviathan until the Eye gave him his wish, to die a hero, right?

I'm just wondering if I missed something.

I love Monstress, Kid Quantum II, XS and Sensor, by the way.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Yeah, no Gim or James.

Can't believe you included Cannus, Brawler, and Tomb!

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.