Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Abstract Legion (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Abstract Legion
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
do you take requests, Exxy?

I'm dying to see your Fatal Five!

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
. . . Can't believe you included Cannus, Brawler, and Tomb!

That's the 3 on the bottom?
Then, he did Workforce?
I think the last two are Spider Girl and Inferno.
Yes?

The Fatal Five and then the LSVs!
We're so greedy!

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Bottom Row is the three Academy students, then Superboy, Impulse, Lori Morning, Shvaughn Erin, and Inferno.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
What!!!?
Well, at least I got the Academy kids right, with your help, of course, and Inferno!
lol
Gads!

--------------------

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
If it makes you feel any better, Lori took me quite awhile to get. I kept thinking it was Dreamer, and then wondering why she was so short!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

[Smile]
I wondered about the shortness, too.
I should have realized it was Lori but I had mind set on the Workforce.
sigh.

And yes and no, about feeling better about your momentary confusion.
Mostly I just keep thinking about how many of them I still don't know!
[Frown]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Candle:
Are these all in order of their joining?
That's what I've been thinking, anyway.

That's generally the approach I took, but they're really just more of a vague, by-the-era representation, with additions/omissions as needed to make a nice layout. The Archie pic, for example, is based on their peak membership from just before "Widening Rifts" - ergo, no Gim or Quantum Kid I (or any of the DnA members) - but with the academy students from earlier on, and several of the "unofficial" Legion members from the "Team 20" storyline. You could probably make a case for having Chuck and Tenzil in there, and omitting Impulse, but... eh... I just really dig that Bart story. [Smile]

quote:
Originally posted by Kent:
I'm dying to see your Fatal Five!

I think I'm going to finish the Legion off first (I think there are another five waves or so coming), then, if I haven't gone crazy from staring at pixels, throw in a few villain waves (I'll definitely make a Fatal Five for you, though, Kent).

Anyway... up next, Abstract Dead Earth:

-

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

One more quick one before bed... Abstract 1,000,000:

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Exnihil

-

--------------------

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Fascinating! A different perspective on the Legion.

Just running through them all quickly, the 5YL hits me right between the eyes, such a change in color and tone from the previous ones; very muted and darker colors. Legion on the Run has a certain monotony, like the story itself had for me.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

I agree!

I love the 1,000,000 'look', though.
It's very exciting, I think.

The story was reboot, and Wildfire's love for the long dead XS felt strange.
But the designs were quite beautiful.

[ November 02, 2010, 07:24 AM: Message edited by: Candlelight ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
I like these last two waves a lot more than the stories they appeared in!
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
These are completely genius. Exnihil, you are amazing.

Amazing!

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

Next up: Abstract DnA

(For those trying to guess all the characters... a word of caution on the bottom row: In the story in which these Cadets appear, only the first three are named. The next four can, at least, be visually identified, but the last five are nameless... although the next to last one is an occasional Legion World visitor [Smile] )

--------------------

Exnihil

-

--------------------

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.