Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Abstract Legion (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Abstract Legion
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
This is a barrel of awesome.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Exnihil:
 -

I love that the cadets are all in their uniforms!

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Abstract 3boot:

-

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superman Graphics
Always around

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superman Graphics   Author's Homepage   Email Superman Graphics         Edit/Delete Post     
very interesting very well done

--------------------
Go Forward By Paying it Forward!! It can take one person to change the world.I wanted to be the first.

From: Rhode Island | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

Thanks again, everybody.

This next one took a while to track down all the costume designs, but was worth it for no other reason than to remind me how cool this show was (and how much I want it out on DVD). Abstract WB Legion:

-

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Let's just skip this grey background.

aaaaaaaaaand......

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
 -

As you know, I really admire all of these, but after looking again, it is this scheme that pleases my eye most. Thank you for presenting this project, Ex!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

I agree, Dean, on the aesthetic quality of the Adventure-era colors. Something about that Silver-Age color pallet just seems... right.

Next on the docket... because this project wouldn't be complete without a Fruit Boy appearance... Abstract 3-boot (Manapul edition):

--------------------

Exnihil

-

--------------------

lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Yayy!!
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

OK, final one for this series (though I do owe Kent a Fatal Five... to follow shortly). This one took the longest, as Gary Frank's designs have soooooo many details. I sympathize with any artist who actually has to draw these costumes panel after panel. I'm not very happy with the way Wildfire came out, but I couldn't figure out how to represent "energy crackle" in this format.

In any case... the Abstract Modern Legion:

-

--------------------

lil'rhino

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Wowsa!! So detailed!
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

quote:
Originally posted by Kent:
do you take requests, Exxy?

I'm dying to see your Fatal Five!

By request, the Abstract Fatal Five through the ages:

Classic:

-

Baxter:

-

5YL:

-

Reboot:

-

and Animated:

-

--------------------

lil'rhino

I LOVE THE FIRST VALIDUS AND ALL THE THAROKS!!
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.