Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Oh Yeah, That Forum: The Titans » TEEN TITANS (spoilers possible) (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: TEEN TITANS (spoilers possible)
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
I'll add that the name "Speedy" goes back to the Golden Age incarnations of the characters, so it is truly from a different time.
From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
#24's here...

spoiler
space

spoiler
space

spoiler
space

spoiler
space

spoiler
space

... and it seemed to go by in a kid-flash. I think I read this in 3 minutes. I'm assuming Superboy's under some sort of mind-control/clone programming or something. I also assume it won't last, since he's on the cover of other comics in a couple of months (hair and all). Then again, maybe this story'll take place *after* the future ones. You never know in comics...

I think it'd be interesting if the character could somehow be split- one with the Kon-el/Connor personality and one with the villainous Luther Jr. persona. (Red and blue?)

Though I think Luther Jr. and Brainiac 8 (!!!???) as a team is kind of cool, it doesn't seem like something that'll persist past INSIDERS. Maybe Indigo will now permanently be Brainiac 8, maybe not. It was a surprising 'reveal' and was pretty effective, though it should've taken place in OUTSIDERS, shouldn't it? I'd be pretty teed off if I was an OUTSIDERS reader who didn't also follow TEEN TITANS.

Is there a biological component to Indigo? Is she a part of *the* bloodline? I wonder if a Talokian mated with Brainiacs 5, 6 or 7...

Speaking of 'our' own Brainiac, I'm kind of annoyed by all these Brainy's past 5... it makes his moral choices (at least those of most Brainy 5's-- the jury is still out on the Vrilified Brainy of the 'eat it, grandpa' Legion) seem... negligible. It's sad that the line returns to 'evil' after him. More than sad-- it seems to me as if DC writers want to negate ol' Brainiac 5. 'Future' Brainiacs all have snazzier powers(though ultimately more boring), and all seem fixated on returning to the 21st century and wreaking as much havoc as possible.

Since INSIDERS is apparently going to link up with the return of Donna Troy, it'll be a crossover to keep an eye on...

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
So it came to pass that Duela (along with unfrozen caveman mechanic Gnarrk) was removed from Teen Titans continuity!

Hooray Geoff Johns for restoring Duela!

Now we just need Gnarrk back, and not the one who was around for a few minutes before dying - but who Lilith managed to fall in love with anyway.

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SiliconDream
I'd rather not be

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SiliconDream   Email SiliconDream         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:
Speaking of 'our' own Brainiac, I'm kind of annoyed by all these Brainy's past 5... it makes his moral choices (at least those of most Brainy 5's-- the jury is still out on the Vrilified Brainy of the 'eat it, grandpa' Legion) seem... negligible. It's sad that the line returns to 'evil' after him. More than sad-- it seems to me as if DC writers want to negate ol' Brainiac 5. 'Future' Brainiacs all have snazzier powers(though ultimately more boring), and all seem fixated on returning to the 21st century and wreaking as much havoc as possible.

Well, Brainy isn't really part of the "true" Brainiac line at all anymore, no? Post-L.E.G.I.O.N, the Dox lineage--which only connects to Brainiac via the founder's personal relationship with him--has been eclipsed in the mainstream DCU by the succession of updates/copies of the original Brainiac program such as Brainiacs 2.5, 8 and 13.

They really should change the naming convention to make it clear that those two lineages have nothing to do with each other. I wouldn't mind Querl dropping the Brainiac title entirely--Vril Dox 2 didn't use it, after all, and it's unclear why Coluans in the current continuity would consider it anything other than an insult.

From: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Owl Lad
proudtobecanadian

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Owl Lad   Email Owl Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Vee:
Like "Robin" for Batman, Speedy is THE name of the Green Arrow's sidekick.

Background: Speedy was the original sidekick for Green Arrow. Roy Harper (now Arsenal of the Outsiders) was an orphan raised by a native american shaman. When he first came in contact with GA, he wowed Ollie with the speed of his arrow work. Hence the codename Speedy.

So is this "speed of his arrow work" applying to Mia too? - Or is she just trying to honour Roy or the whole sidekick tradition?
From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
My guess is that it's honoring the tradition

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
I'd agree with "tradition".

Besides, DC wants to keep the whole trademark thingie in place...

[ May 25, 2005, 12:43 PM: Message edited by: Omni Craig ]

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
And on the naming of Speedy, it's a darn good thing Ollie didn't say how quick Roy was with an arrow, or his code name would have been

"Quickie"

Not a good name for a teen sidekick...

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
[ROTFLMAO]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by ferroboy:
Now we just need Gnarrk back, and not the one who was around for a few minutes before dying - but who Lilith managed to fall in love with anyway.

I agree 100%!

re: # 24... pretty scary seeing Superboy go on that rampage.

I don't follow the Super-titles, but I assume Luthor's taken a ful-blown return to pre-crisis super-villainy. Or is he still putting on the facade?

Nice art & colors, too.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Lash, actually I don't think Luthor has been around in the Superman titles at all. I get them all, but to be honest, I only breeze through them since I feel the Superman titles haven't been good since the mid-90's, when they were the BEST thing DC had going. Maybe with Gail Simone coming on, I'll enjoy them, but I have to put up with Byrne's art, in the aftermath of Byrne really getting on my nerves these days.

The latest Titans was great, and Superboy going nuts was kinda scary indeed. I can't help but feel that Connor's days might be numbered, with this new crisis coming and Supergirl back, and the possibility existing of the Legion being connected to Superboy, Supergirl and Power Girl (meaning, the really Superboy might return).

What will be heartbreaking is the reactions of Wonder Girl and especially Robin if this comes to pass.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     

spoiler
space

spoiler
space

spoiler
space

spoiler
space

spoiler
space

Did Wonder Girl suddenly grow leaps and bounds in this issue or what? I'm not quite sure how, but her 'anger lightning' power snapped Superboy back to himself for awhile, until Lexy uttered his Latin code words again. Where's Zatanna when you need her? A little lobotomy would've hit the spot right about then.

Enjoyable issue-- the kids who used to be YOUNG JUSTICE showed that they care about each other just the way other groupings of TEEN TITANS have. I liked the Tim/Nightwing dialogue about the Teen Titans fighting for each other till the fight's won. (Unless your last name is Wilson, apparently...)

Wasn't OUTSIDERS supposed to come out this week as well? I didn't get a copy-- did anyone else?

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
"Anger-Lightning"? Is Cass turning into Lady Palpatine or something now? [Razz]

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
If Zeus = Emperor, then I guess so. It seems as though the lightning is an attribute of her father that Cassie has inherited. (At least if you assume the lasso's powers are merely a reflection of her inherent powers like with Diana's "truth" powers.)

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
This issue rocked! Cassie did indeed grow tremendously this issue, and her story remains very interesting. Non-readers of Wonder Woman should check it out to see even more b/t her and Ares--including him revealing who her father is in coming months.

I still can't help but feel Conners days are numbered, although probably not in 'Insiders' (sicne apparently he's in future covers). But with the Legion being connected to the DCU again, the upcoming crisis, etc., I think we might see the end of Kon-El and see Superman when he was a boy again.

That being said, I think the idea of Luthor creating Superboy to give Superman something he loves and take it away is genius! A very heart-wrenching twist for both Kal-El and Kon-El. Add in the two Brainiacs, and the idea that Indigo has been playing the Outsiders with Luthor since Graduation Day, and this is one major twist indeed!

And now I'm curious to see how Donna fits into it all. At least they gave a reason why she died in Graduation Day (Brainiac 8 looking to kill her).

Love seeing the robot early 80's Brainiac body!

Robin and Cassie's scene was very good, and their reactions to this are the most touching of all. Same with Raven's, given her history of betraying the Titans.

Even though Gar doesn't get major scenes, just having him there with the team is reassuring. With Cyborg on the shelf, he definately seems like the bridge b/t the current Titans and current Outsiders.

Maybe a Titans/Legion crossover is in the works, especially after the Titans just saw a different Legion? I think we all have to face the fact that DC wants this Legion interacting with the post-Crisis DCU now, so this isn't that far-fetched.

Oh, and the art was astoundingly beautiful this issue.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.