Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Oh Yeah, That Forum: The Titans » TEEN TITANS (spoilers possible) (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: TEEN TITANS (spoilers possible)
Stargazer
One Monkeys Opinion...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stargazer           Edit/Delete Post     
This issue rocked.
I was really pleased with the art in this issue.
I do wonder if the Crisis will see a change in the current team. Interesting thought on Conners days being numbered. I get the feeling that something is gonna happen.
I am intriqued about Donna and how the future seems to be in her hands.

--------------------
Looking for Earth Prime.

From: Conroe Texas | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
[Mad] "TEEN TITANS" 25 is sold out at my CBS !!

would have got it last week, but i was away on holiday, all the other comics that i get were all still available !! with MANY issues still on the shelves !!

i never thought of asking for a pull list [Frown] ,the guy at the till said it sold out straight away !!

hopefully they may get some more .....

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
GREAT issue! DC needs to lock Matt Clark/Art Thibert in as McKone's replacements!

Where all this is going I can only imagine, though things are SOOOO good with both TT and OUTSIDERS, I *hate* to see some massive change coming...

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I was actually unimpressed by this issue. It felt disjointed and incomplete in a number of places. What happened to all the Superman robots? Are we to believe that Cassie took them all out with her ricochet? I didn't read Graduation Day but if one of these things killed two Titans then how did they handle at least 35 (what I counted) if not more?

And how come Speedy (is that the name she's using?} didn't use a gag arrow like Oliver has used in the past? I thought they had brought down Luthor's defenses and when he said he took control of Connor by saying the magic words (did anyone else get what he said?) they should have tried to gag the SOB.

Finally the art, to me, left a bit to be desired. It felt too much like someone trying to outright copy Copiel and not come up with his own style. Very inconsistent to me. At least he didn't draw Donna Troy looking more like Zatanna than herself like D'Anada did in The Outsiders. Not that Clark drew her this issue, just saying the last page of The Outsiders left me wondering why Zatanna was racing home to the Titans.

I guess I'm going to have to say this book is on the bubble for me now. Art and story-wise.

[ July 04, 2005, 12:36 PM: Message edited by: Lightning Lad ]

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
icefire
Just like old Times!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for icefire   Email icefire         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey guys just found this on the DC boards!

WHY GEOFF, YOU TEASE!
GEOFF JOHNS is becoming notorious for teasing his fans with irresistable little bits of info that more often than not, have them racing to pick up more and more comics. Here are some random teases that bring out the inner geek in all of us wondering what'll happen in the DCU:

· (In reference to the Teen Titans series) "Coming up you'll see... Red Hood, Brother Blood, (Blood's new "mother"...heh, heh), an A-list DC bad guy, a new villain (and new team) and a team of villains mentioned here with a huge twist. Some of it pre-crisis-2, some post-crisis-2."

· "Major Duela Dent plans post-crisis-2."

· "Black Adam has an interesting role in Crisis...Not all is as it seems."

· "And we've got some kick ass plans for him Post-Crisis."

If you're not on Geoff's forum over at you're truly missing out on some good conversation and great "inside" info!

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

From: tennessee | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by icefire:
Hey guys just found this on the DC boards!

· "Major Duela Dent plans post-crisis-2."

Bless that man!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Might he be referring to *this*...

TEEN TITANS/OUTSIDERS SECRET FILES 2005
Written by Geoff Johns, Marc Andreyko, Greg Rucka, and others
Art by Phil Jimenez, Kevin Nowlan, Ian Churchill and others
Cover by Tony Daniel
DC's hottest new teams collide in an explosive one-shot! Following the events of "The Insiders"crossover, a villain from the Titans' past returns with a plan for revenge on former Titans! Plus, what's the deal with the crazy Titan who calls herself the Joker's Daughter?
On sale August 31 o 64 pg, FC, $4.99 US

For more goodies that month, click the below...

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=001119#000000

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:
TEEN TITANS/OUTSIDERS SECRET FILES 2005

... a villain from the Titans' past returns with a plan for revenge on former Titans!

OH NO! RUN MAL! RUN!!!
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
If you follow the animated TITANS as well as the comic, follow this link:

http://titanstower.com/source/animated/00indexanimated.html

...and you'll see some of the characters scheduled to appear in the series' next season.

LOTS of surprises... good ones!

As for the comic... #26 apparently contains something that will make lots of us *very* happy... it's been spoiled on a couple of the comics news sites.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:
As for the comic... #26 apparently contains something that will make lots of us *very* happy... it's been spoiled on a couple of the comics news sites.

Would that be the news regarding Omen?
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

spoiler
space

spoiler
space

spoiler
space

spoiler
space

spoiler
space

spoiler
space

Yup.

Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
[Eek!]

[Eek!]

[Eek!]

[Eek!]

OH MY GOD!!!

I just read the news at Newsarama too! Omen/Lilith is coming back in issue #26?!? WOO-HOO! I can't beleive it! I never thought they'd undo the travesty that was her death in Degradation Day! So happy! So shocked! I take back all the bad things I said about your Titans Geoff Johns!

And I just saw your link re: the new characters in next season's 'Teen Titans Go' Mystery Lad. MAL!!! [Band] And Red Star! And Kole! And Bushido! And Killowat! And Gnnark! And Jericho!

WOW! So many good stories came out of DC today!

[ July 16, 2005, 07:32 PM: Message edited by: Blacula ]

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
 -

"You like me! You really, really LIKE me!!!"

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Didn't they though? Here's what I remember as good n' juicy:

-a new BRAVE AND THE BOLD, written by Waid

-LEGION OF DOOM/VILLAINS UNLIMITED appearing on JLU cartoon next season

-LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES on JLU (I hope not as descendants of the previous grouping)

-TEEN TITANS cartoon guest-roster (though it seems odd having Gnaark without Lilith...)

-Red Hood in Teen Titans comic (could be good)

-Omen

-JSA, BOOSTER GOLD, HUNTRESS OF EARTH II action figures in 2006

-Mattel figures for VIXEN, etc

Hmmm... seems like I'm forgetting something...

Marvel's only annoucements that interested me were the scheduling of a new X-FACTOR growing out of Peter David's MADROX miniseries and the FANTASTIC FOUR CLASSIC action figure wave (possibly the place for CRYSTAL, MEDUSA, BLACK BOLT and the other INHUMANS as action figs??)

I'm halfway waiting for a 'July Fools' disclaimer...

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Lilith coming back?! (jumps for joy) YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.