Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Oh Yeah, That Forum: The Titans » Re-imagine a Titan (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Re-imagine a Titan
Klar Ken T5477
The Future Superman of 2965

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klar Ken T5477   Email Klar Ken T5477         Edit/Delete Post     
It is 1961 on Earth-1 (or maybe 1.5?) and Superman, Batman, and Robin are known as “the World’s Finest Team”.

Beta Zak-Kul is the pre-teen daughter of a renegade Kandorian scientist, inventor of an Enlarging Ray. With her father exiled to the Phantom Zone, Beta is cared for in a Kandorian orphanage, but is left much to her own devices. Observing (through a super-telescope) the condescension with which Superman, Batman, and Robin treat Batwoman (Kathy Kane) Beta uses a speck of the exotic material which powers her father's ray to escape Kandor. Teaming up with Kathy Kane, she creates a false human identity, "Beta of Kandor" becoming "Betty Kane". Masquerading as Kathy's niece, she also creates the alter-ego of the green-and-scarlet clad "Batgirl".

She pretends to be an ordinary earth-human, although a superb gymnast, but secretly uses her Kryptonian abilities to make herself and Batwoman appear supremely competent crime fighters, putting the "World's Finest Team" to shame.

An accidental exposure to a particular variety of Red Kryptonite causes Beta to develop a permanent immunity to Brainiac's shrinking ray, stranding her on Earth, cut off from the miniaturized but more technologically and sociologically advanced world of Kandor forever.

Later, when Kathy Kane hangs up her cowl, "Betty" continues her career with Teen Titans West as Batgirl. By now, many of her associates, (including Robin) know of her Kryptonian nature and powers, but she still prefers to keep these abilities secret from the general public, giving her a supreme advantage when facing powerful opponents.

Quote: "Hand-held laser. And what? You never heard of Kevlar?"

--------------------
"So different from the Original Superman of Krypton!"

Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by cleome46: Can I call Starfire, or does someone else already have something in mind?
Go for it! Even if someone has already done a Titan, it might be neat to see different interpretations anyway!
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Tara Markov had an ideal life as the eldest daughter of the king of Markovia. One of her favorite past times was to research her family's history and the legends of Markovia. But her ideal life was brutally destroyed when at the age of 13, she was watching her father and mother at one of the routine ceremonial rites that it was their duty to Markovia. She watched in horror as a man strode forward, revealed explosives strapped to his body, and detonating it. The assassin, the king,and the queen all died in the explosion. At the same time explosions occurred in various parts of the city, at Star Labs Markovia, at the Cathedral of St. Marco, at the airport terminal, at the Ministry of the Treasury, and at an orphanage. Responsibility for the attacks was claimed by a group calling themselves Terror, Inc. Their reason for the attacks was to show the world what they could do.

Tara, Markovia, and the world were stunned by the attacks. Grief, guilt, and anger all swirled around inside Tara. Her brother Brion, although only 4, was the new king. A month after the attacks, Tara was attempting to distract herself by going through the royal library's archives. There she found an old ook which told the tale of her ancestor from the year 1246 and how through the use of a talisman was able to repel invaders using the very earth itself as a weapon. The talisman was pictured in the book and Tara remembered seeing it on display in the Royal Museum. Two weeks later, the museum was broken into and the talisman was stolen.

As soon as Tara clutched the talisman, she could feel its power and could sense the ground beneath the museum. Taking the talisman to the countryside, Tara found she could cause the earth to erupt, form a wall, make the ground like liquid, and even cause stones to fly through the air. Vowing to use her new found power to avenge her parents and the innocents who lost their lives in the attack, Tara enbarked on a mission to destroy all terrorists. She made a costume to hide her identity, so that no one would harm her brother in order to hurt her. She named herself Terra.

And so, various terror organizations suddenly found themselves under attack. The attacks were quick but brutal. The one or two survivors of these attacks claimed that the earth itself rose up to crush them and they saw a young girl standing there watching and seemingly directing the earth. Everyone else perished.

The Titans were in the process of detecting and dismantling H.I.V.E. bases around the world. At some they saw Terra's handy work. And in a few they saw Terra herself. After several encounters, they met Terra at the main headquarters of H.I.V.E. Knowing that most of the people at the base were locals who were forced to work for H.I.V.E., the Titans convince Terra to call off her attack and to come with them. As they flew back to New York, with the main leaders of H.I.V.E. as their captives, they failed to notice that behind them the ground had turned to liquid and the whole building and everyone in it was swallowed up by the earth.

Tara smiled as they flew away, thinking that she could use the Titans as a resource in her quest for vengence.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Awesome! Love how Batgirl's new origin makes her crafty AND ties her into the Flamebird name.

Terra's still a potential traitor, but isn't nearly so evil now; makes for even better conflict, I think.

And Raven is positively terrifying in a good way!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Set:
quote:
Originally posted by cleome46: Can I call Starfire, or does someone else already have something in mind?
Go for it! Even if someone has already done a Titan, it might be neat to see different interpretations anyway!
Arrggh. Overslept. Will try and post it tonight or tomorrow. :/

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Cleome, are you still planning to post it? I'd love to see how you'd re-imagine Starfire.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Ditto [Smile] Not to pressure you, but I'd love to see your idea [Smile]

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
[slaps forehead]

Okay, tomorrow. (I have to find where I saved my verbal "sketch.") I promise.

[Embarrassed]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Klar Ken T5477: Later, when Kathy Kane hangs up her cowl, "Betty" continues her career with Teen Titans West as Batgirl. By now, many of her associates, (including Robin) know of her Kryptonian nature and powers, but she still prefers to keep these abilities secret from the general public, giving her a supreme advantage when facing powerful opponents.

Quote: "Hand-held laser. And what? You never heard of Kevlar?"

That's awesome, I love the whole Kandorian tie-in, with some Batfolks using the Nightwing and Flamebird heroic identities, originally from Kandor, it's a great turnaround to have a Kandorian adopting the name and identity of a Bat-family hero!

(An entire group of shrunken Kandorians, operating out of a Batarang-sized and -shaped Kryptonian scout vessel, could also be hilarious...)

Set

After the murder of his family in a mob hit, D.A. Adrian Chase assumed the costumed identify of the Vigilante, before eventually spiralling into madness and taking his own life.

Unknown to D.A. Chase, his son Danny had been snatched away by one of Don Scarapelli's men moments before the explosion that killed the rest of his family, to be used as a hostage to ensure his father's future cooperation, but the enforcer assigned to this task had plans of his own, and hid the boy away from both his father and the mob boss, allowing everyone to think that the boy had died in the explosion.

Young Danny Chase was raised by a crazed man, who filled the traumatized young boy's mind with an assortment of lies and half-truths, eventually convincing him that his parents were spies, and had been killed as part of some international conspiracy. It was almost five years before the increasingly erratic behavior of his captor, whom he no longer recognized as such, but thought of as his sole protector against a world that wanted to capture him to extract whatever 'spy secrets' his parents had been killed over, ended up getting killed in a standoff with police, leaving the boy to fend for himself, and, for the first time, step forth from hiding into the wider world, which turned out to be nothing like the lies his kidnapper had been feeding him...

His kidnapper, especially after the Vigilante's public unmasking as Adrian Chase, had kept an eye out for the activities of the boy's true father, and Danny found a journal among the deranged mobsters effects, detailing information on 'the Vigilante' that he'd managed to amass. Following the rambling clues, he discovered one of his father's caches of weapons and equipment, and, unsure as to whether this equipment was that of the fantasy-induced 'spies' who were out to get him, or the 'spies' that were his parents, he took the gear and began to use it to begin his own one-man war against the underworld, whom his captor had convinced him were 'all spies, working to undermine America.'

For all the wrong reasons, a terribly unstable and misguided young man became 'the Phantasm,' striking from the shadows, using skills developed during a childhood of living off the grid and invisible to modern society, and the equipment of, unknown to him, his birth father.

He deliberately cultivated a mystique of being an untouchable ghost of vengeance, or perhaps just a quirky metahuman, using tricks, illusion and subterfuge, as well as spreading an assortment of outrageous lies about his goals, origins and abilities, to keep his 'enemies' off-balance and incapable of effectively planning a defense against his raids. He'd spend weeks setting up elaborate operations, breaking into 'impenetrable' locations and arranging 'impossible' escapes, faking his own death on multiple occasions (to further his reputation of being unkillable or invulnerable) and blowing up the scenes of his raids (to destroy any evidence of the trapdoors and other illusionist's tricks he'd used to fake his 'impossible' achievements).

The Phantasm only accepted an offer to join the Teen Titans out of paranoia, eager to pilfer their computers and files to learn what they knew of the vast international spy conspiracy that he was sure had infiltrated not just organized crime, but also the local police and government, as well as informal superhero / crimefighting organizations like the Teen Titans.

His mental state being what it was, the lack of evidence he found that the Teen Titans were part of the great conspiracy only deepened his suspicion, and led to his inevitable conclusion that the Teen Titans were puppets of the true leader of this imaginary conspiracy that has defined his life, the Batman...

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.