Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Kid Prime's room! (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 86 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  84  85  86   
Author Topic: Kid Prime's room!
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
I think, as far as the comics-Shockwave goes, it had to do with Bob Budiansky (the writer) writing Shockwave like that for his 50-or-so issue run. I need to look at the original tech specs again to see which version of ol' Shock the actual toy lined up more with.

In the new Dreamwave comic series, they're playing him like the old Marvel Comics version, but they paid a little homage to the wussy syncophant version in the comic book by inserting a line about how he had been playing Megatron for years... I'll have to give the matter some more thought before I do Shockwave's enrty.

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
And what about Soundwave? From what I remember, he was arrogant and ambitious in the comic, but the cartoon had him as Megatron's loyal soldier -- he was all business and had that cool voice.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

I think it's important to note that in the movie, when all the other Decepticons were running (on Earth) like scared little girls, when Megatron looked over at Soundwave and said "Don't leave me, Soundwave," Soundwave was the one who picked him up. And Rumble grabbed his gun. :-) That always made me smile.

I think in the cartoon, it was the two of them plus Shockwave who were the most loyal to Megatron.

--------------------

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Moving on with the original Decepticon jets...

7. Thundercracker

-

Function: Warrior

Of all the Decepticons, it is Thundercracker who harbors the most doubt about the course of conquest they are on. It's not so much that Thundercracker has an incredibly heightened sense of morality, mind you. It's just that he takes a lot less pleasure in wanton destruction and chaos than many of his comrades. This apathy towards the Decepticon cause causes Megatron to keep a close eye on the otherwise-capable Thundercracker, perhaps even more so than the traitorous Starscream. It wouldn't do to have Thundercracker spread his apathy through the Decepticon ranks, after all.

Thundercracker is a very capable Decepticon warrior in every way. He takes orders, he has superior speed, firepower, strength, and is even fairly courageous in his way. It's his lack of gusto that causes Megatron such irritation. Thundercracker does the very minimum of what he must to serve the Decepticon cause.

--------------------

Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
Well I odn't know anything about the Transformers, but I will read your posts above and get the scoop! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

Interesting bit about Thundercracker, but has that characterization *ever* seen the light of day?? (Megatron watched him more than Starscream? -- yeah, right) I know they had to make up stuff when writing the bios to make each Transformer interesting, but he was always just a soldier (or am I wrong?)
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

I'll get back to you on that, Drake, after I re-watch the first season again. [Smile]

When writing these, I'm pulling from the Transformers Universe, as well as the tech specs and what I remember from the cartoon. After I decided to do Thundercracker next, it occurred to me that his characterization was nil in the cartoon. Off the top of my head, I remember him calling both Starscream and Megatron "geeky" in the antimatter episode. In that one, he was sarcastic to Starscream also during his 5 minutes or so of leadership, but once Megatron returned, I think said something like "Wonderful, Megatron. With your leadership we can't fail." There was another episode where the Deceps had captured Sky-Fire and Thundercracker was toying with letting him go, in order to make Starscream look bad.

That's about all I can remember about him from the cartoon off the top of my head. I may have dropped the ball on his description, but honestly, I had very little to go on. [Frown]

--------------------

DrakeB3004

Did you actually write part of these descriptions, KP? I thought you just copied it straight from the character descriptions. I hope you understand there was certainly no criticism of your bio's -- i'll gladly defer to your appraisal of each character if that's your say so!

Btw, when I was an intern at Marvel, the editor let me color one of the bio pics, but for the life of me, I can't remember which one (certainly not one of the original batch).

Kid Prime
Founder

S'cool!

Actually, I was just expressing my dissatisfaction with my own work. I've been really enjoying writing my own bios, and Thundercracker has definitely been the thinnest of the bunch thus far.

--------------------

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Wow! I did not realize you were writing these up KP. Excellent job! Seems like you ought to have a website just for your Transformers info.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

aaah.. there are already like 4000 of 'em out there.

--------------------

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah but are their bios this good? I doubt it. And did that stop me from having another Legion site when I started mine? There's always room for one more. [Smile]
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

Do Sidewswipe next ... please! [Smile] ... I always liked him because:
1) he was a lamborghini -- cool fucking car!
2) he had a jetpack, which made him the only G1 Transformer who could fly!
3) he had that "throw himself into danger first, ask questions later" attitude that I like (just a tad like WILDFIRE)

Kid Prime
Founder

Moving back to the Autobots!

8. Sideswipe

-

Function: Warrior

We humans have a wide variety of hair-raising extreme activities we may partake in to get adrenaline pumping, like rollercoastering, skydiving, bungeecord jumping, drag racing, and so forth. However, the best way for an Autobot to find a similar rush, without a doubt, is to spend an evening with Sideswipe. Sideswipe is one of the thrill-seekingest, most daring, white-knuckle excitement-addicted Autobots you'll ever meet. His daring knows very little bounds, and he accepts the most dangerous missions from Prime with relish and glee. Sideswipe shares a close bond with his "brother" Sunstreaker, and is the more gregarious and courageous of the two. Sideswipe would be one of the most popular among the Autobots if spending significant amounts of time with him was less dangeous, because he is one of the friendliest, wittiest, and funniest of the team. Definitely one of the cool kids.

Sideswipe is one of the best fighters in the Autobot army. He is fast, strong, and agile. Most importantly, he is completely fearless. He packs fairly significant firepower compared to the rest of the Autobot team. Still, it irks him that his combat abilities aren't QUITE the equal of his "brother" Sunstreaker (and Sunstreaker ribs him about it incessantly.) Still, there are very few Autobots who can compare to his courage and heart. Sideswipe can use his arms as vibrating piledrivers to dig through enemy fortifications or to free trapped companions. However, Sideswipe's greatest ability, and one which no other Autobot shares, is his power of flight. With his specially-designed rocketpack, he can soar to supersonic speeds, taking the fight directly to the Decepticon jets in the air. His success record in aerial combat is quite high, and, of course, being the thrill-seeker he is, he loves it. Sideswipe's only significant weakness is his total inability to distinguish a dangerous and exhilirating combat situation from a hopeless and fatal combat situation, which has a tendency to get him in way over his head at times.

[ July 14, 2003, 02:08 PM: Message edited by: Kid Prime ]

--------------------

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Ummm... has anyone else noticed that Kid Prime appears to be assembling an army - and that this army bears an uncanny resemblance to the Roboticans? We better get the Espionage Squad to keep an eye on him - on them.....

Seriously, I have to admit I know zip about Transformers, except what I read here - but Robotica could resemble them - it would be pretty cool if we saw some Roboticans, with bios like KP's Transformers, come to Legion World. (The other Legion World, not this one.) The names are terrific.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 86 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  84  85  86   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.