Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Varalent's Variable Villa (Page 71)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 84 pages: 1  2  3  ...  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  ...  82  83  84   
Author Topic: Varalent's Variable Villa
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
*From the untamed streets of Legion World...*

<from one of the side entrances--an almost forgotten common one from the very streets of Legionopolis--arrives five men; a little tired and worse for wear, but now in good spirits>

Follow my lead

<Cobalt nods to a servant who smiles and ushers them with him; warm bowls of water and towels are hold out to wash their faces as fruit and drinks are brought to them; before them lies the single grandest private residence on Legion World>

Is your master in?

<the reply is a 'No'; evidently Cobalt comes here often as thR staff know him well>

We'll take a private canopy. Bring some wine and a spread of meats, bread and cheeses. We have our own pipes and tobacco.

We're meeting some other.

<the servants nod in a way that implies they understand completely and will be very discreet>

It's a shame Vee is not here. You can see my friends by the architecture and statues, he is a man of refined tastes. But while I wish we could use the pool and introduce ourselves those Naltorian Ambassador's daughters, we have real work to do.

<Cobalt sits, overlooking the city as a peaceful breeze gusts over him>

I've been thinking it over quite a bit and I've begun to form a theory as to what is really happening. What I need now is every bit of available news from the last few days for clues that we've likely missed. If Jailbait Lass were here, she'd have analyzed this already.

So let's get to work while we wait for Space Ranger...

[ February 27, 2011, 01:59 PM: Message edited by: Cobalt Kid ]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Timber Wolf
LMB Black Ops

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Timber Wolf   Email Timber Wolf         Edit/Delete Post     
Furball nods. "Yeah, too bad Lolita couldn't be here..." he says as he looks at Cobie and shakes his head.

"Do you think they're gonna be desperate enough to bring Sushi Lad in?" Furball says with a cockeyed grin on his face.

From: Doing the things that need to be done | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Yes. I think it's inevitable. That's why we need to find out the true story before it comes to that.

Ex, you still have those papers from Gruertis Nyebif, right?

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
"Sorry to interrupt," Question Kid said. "But I am in military intelligence for a reason. I can find in the important information quickly."

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Excellent. I also noticed you noticed we specifically have taken the high ground. Some lessons can be leaned millennia after millennia.
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
OOC (oops...)
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Ranger
Private Dick

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Space Ranger   Email Space Ranger         Edit/Delete Post     
<Enters from the pool, toweling himself off. Walks quickly to Cobalt and shakes his hand.>

Took you long enough to get here. <Glances at Power Boy, Question Kid, and Furball's human form> I'm assuming your friends are on the side of the angels. You going to introduce me?

The package is on the desk. It raises more questions than it answers, at least for me.

[ February 27, 2011, 06:04 PM: Message edited by: Space Ranger ]

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Just as soon as the Check Clears!)

From: The Back Office in Abin's Fixit Shop. | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Timber Wolf
LMB Black Ops

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Timber Wolf   Email Timber Wolf         Edit/Delete Post     
"I know I am...and so do you, you just don't realize you know it. I'm Furball, this is what I really look and sound like. You, like most people have never seen me like this before. Can't really speak for this kid, but he's been helpful so far...or at least not a hinderance."
From: Doing the things that need to be done | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
"I am Question Kid. As for being helpful, my powers are more of curse than anything. If I were to shake your hand, you would probably wind up in a coma," He explained.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Ranger
Private Dick

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Space Ranger   Email Space Ranger         Edit/Delete Post     
Furball? The kid's gonna die laughing when I tell her this, unless you want this to continue being top secret.

<Eyes Question Kid speculatively then extends his hand.>

I'll take the chance Kid, I might be just a little tougher than you think.

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Just as soon as the Check Clears!)

From: The Back Office in Abin's Fixit Shop. | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Furball looked at Space Ranger, "Nah, this is pretty much out of the box now. and after all these years of operating in the shadows, it'll be nice to operate normally and maybe have some real relationships...as long as I survive this whole thing."

Furball thinks for a second, "although, I may want to rethink my operative code name."

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

"Alright," The boy expressed a slight smile. He accepted the handshake. The man did not fall right away, which gave Question Kid a bit of hope.Memories, skills,powers...energy...sweet memories...and the powers...I think are controllable...

[ February 27, 2011, 07:12 PM: Message edited by: Red Arrow ]

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

<Once Cobalt shook Ranger's hand, he immediately began going through the package while the others introduced themselves>

You've come through like always, Ranger. I appreciate you getting this so quickly and having to do it without me. This is all the records of entrants to Legion World in the last two years, as well as footage from Grand Central Space Station--which you've signalled out as being noteworthy....

<nods to wine and food>

Help yourself.

Ex, keep going through those files from Gruertis. I know what need to do. Cross reference the exact dates of illegal shipments into Legion World which Nyebif had in his papers with the footage Space Ranged provided.

<sips aged Pinot Noir>

Okay...now to review those specific dates and that specific footage.

<begins viewing>

Interesting...

Timber Wolf
LMB Black Ops

Furball is nibbling on some bread and watching the comings and goings of the patrons. Eyes darting from one person to another, studying their every movement.
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

<still viewing>

Interesting, here is the arrival of "Hot Chick" the woman hanging out with the Security Office these days. Coincidentally on one of the Dark Oval drug shipment days. That may or may not mean anything.

<looks at date had previously circled>

Ex, take a look. Here are the "business associates" of Nyebif delivering the illegal narcotics. I recognize them--they are Dark Oval terrorists, or at least, work for them. In other words, take a look at what you were supporting. Yeah, yeah, I know, lay off the boy scout routine. Well, maybe when all is said and done, you'll start thinking of opportunities where you not only get rich...but help Legion World.

<suddenly Cobalt's eyes go wide; he inhales deeply; without realizing it, he drops his wine glass and it shatters all over the patio; everyone stops immediately because Cobalt never loses his composure>

Bloody Liberty.

<Cobie rewinds the tape>

Ex, what do you see?

<they watch; there is nothing there. Ex replies 'nothing'>

Again.

<they rewind and rewatch; this time Ex notices it>

Once you see it, it's hard not to notice. The people, the guards, they're all reacting to someone. Saying hello, getting out of the way. But on the tape, there is no one there.

Someone is there. But they're invisible to the tape.

No.

<holds up hand to others to block off questions>

If what I think is true I have to be sure. What else is in the package?

<scrambling through it>

Recent news. Yes, this is what I need. Exactly the thing Lolita would have given me...at a girl My Whee Fem...(Lolita--I've got to check on her--no, have to focus)...

Okay. I see it. So obvious. But I know where we have to go next. And we have to go now. This is the only place he could be hiding! It makes sense.

<suddenly, a Villa servant comes over, a look of alarm on his face; he whispers something to Cobie>

Dammit, no. Not now.

<looks at them all>

The Security Office is going to arrive soon. They have us cornered.

This topic comprises 84 pages: 1  2  3  ...  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  ...  82  83  84   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.